Zeke signed $100M deal

Team archer

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Out of all the players talked about in this thread I would quite easily let prescott walk before any of the others.

If I was the Cowboys I would trade Prescott, sign Kaepernick to play this year and draft one of the qbs coming out next Spring

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No way in hell I give Zeke that contract. Dallas controls his rights for 4 more years and he is a RB. I'd reward him with more than what he'd  get over the next 4 years without a big contract, load it with incentives and an out in 2 years  

The problem is he’s that offense

Dak needs the running game to set up his play action 

If the jets lost Leveon Bell or the Browns lost Chubb they still have a good offense

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Anyone with eyeballs knew Calvin Johnson was going to be great in the nfl while he was at Georgia Tech

Rex bashed the Stephen Hill pick from day 1

agree, but there was a narrative at the time of the draft that Stephen Hill was some kind of a breakout that was being held down by the GT system....which was BS....as we now know. all i was saying.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:12 AM, Team archer said:

Between Lev and Zeke, RBs are starting to secure the bag.  And with what QBs are getting paid these days, I don't see how teams are going to be able to manage a salary cap anymore (unless maybe your star QB takes way less than he's worth).

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

No way in hell I give Zeke that contract. Dallas controls his rights for 4 more years and he is a RB. I'd reward him with more than what he'd  get over the next 4 years without a big contract, load it with incentives and an out in 2 years  

Agreed.  It will be interesting to see how Le'veon Bell does this year though.  If he does well, I bet there will be other RB holdouts.

The details of the new Ezekiel Elliott contract are now in. First reports cited six new years at $90 million, added on to the already existing two years. Now, there’s more insight into how exactly the reported $50.5 million in guarantees is actually structured.

As reported first by ESPN’s Todd Archer, here are the details of the agreement. The deal has just over $28 million in true guarantees, including a $7.5 million signing bonus, and an option bonus worth $13 million in 2020. His first two seasons of base salary are both guaranteed, too.

Ezekiel Elliott: 6 New Years, $90M

8-yr, $102.9M total value
2019 Signing Bonus $7.5M
2020 Option Bonus $13M

Year Base Salary Total Bonus Cap Hit
2019 $752.137 $1,500,000 $6,339.653 ($4,087,516 from rook deal)
2020 $6.800,000 $4,100,000 $10.9 million
2021 $9,600,000* $4,100,000 $13.7 million
2022 $9,725,000 $4,100,000 $16.5 million
2023 $10,900,000 $4,100,000 $15 million
2024 $10,000,000 $2,600,000 $12.6 million
2025 $15,400,000    
2026 $16,600,000    
TOTAL $82,452,137
$7,552,137 g’teed
$20.5 million $107,039,653

If Elliott is on the Cowboys roster on the 5th day of the 2020 league year, his 2021 salary becomes guaranteed. If Elliott is on the roster on the 5th day of the 2021 league year, his 2022 salary will be fully guaranteed.

Those are what I term escape hatches which afford Dallas some protection if things go sideways, either by conduct or by injury. More on that later.

Richest running back ever

Elliott went into the negotiation looking to surpass the money that Los Angeles gave Todd Gurley prior to 2018. Gurley was in the exact same situation; a fourth-year back and former first-round pick who had one year, plus the team-activated fifth-year option, two years of team control remaining.

In total value, fully guaranteed money, total guarantees, average annual value, new money value, contract length, everything except value over the first three years of the deal, Elliott beat out Gurley.

In February, prior to free agency and the signing of LeVeon Bell by the New York Jets, I predicted what Elliott’s contract should look like. A little over six months later, things came out almost exactly on par with that projection.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/05/dallas-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-contract-extension-breakdown-jerry-jones-todd-gurley-comparisons/

On 9/4/2019 at 7:24 AM, LockeJET said:

Jerry was never letting this go into the season. Not after the Emmit Smith holdout years back. If Bell was on the Cowboys instead of Pitt, he would have received this type of deal. Jerry is too addicted to winning and its been a long time in between championships. So he would've over paid Bell as well.

Totally agree. Zeke was on arguably the best team to holdout on for a mega-contract.

Melvin Gordon, on the other hand, is on the uber cheap Chargers and has zero chance of this working out for him.

• Upvote 1