Jets Name Team Captains

Jetsbb

Just now, Jet Nut said:

LOL, only on a Jet board do we find a few who actually comp;lain about the number of players voted on to be captains.

As if it means anything to anyone 

I don't think anyones complaining, These are 1st world problems, scraps on the floor. You don't think six is too many. We use d to have 2 back in the day. Maybe feelings will be hurt?

5 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I don't think anyones complaining, These are 1st world problems, scraps on the floor. You don't think six is too many. We use d to have 2 back in the day. Maybe feelings will be hurt?

at least it's going to consistently be the same guys.  could be worse: "hey, we're playing the Steelers, let's make Bell a captain this week!"...."hey, we're playing the Ravens, Mosley, you're up!"  sound familiar?  Now THAT was something to complain about...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Adam Gase used to always have the players vote in captains and then last year he changed it and said he would be naming captains. Good to see he trusts these players more than those he had in Miami going back to a players vote.

PS. I believe Rex and Bowles named captains themselves. "Santonio Holmes"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

More to having captains than just window dressing.

More to having captains on a team other than window dressing or to create good will.

Captains meet with CS for a number of different reasons, complaints, suggestions, etc.  Are the liaisons between coaches and players.  They named one from just about every unit, dont see why anyone would care that they believe 6 is too many.  Dont see a down side or why anyone actually cares.

They also help discipline the players, run the kangaroo court, fine players for any different number of offenses

Just heard an interview with Strahan talking about Coughlin being a tyrant and on the behalf of the team he met with him, argued with Tom and told Coughlin if he didnt change his ways he would lose the team, he has lost many. Led to Coughlin changing his ways

Thats all.  I wouldnt have cared if they named only two, though I would have been shocked that they named only two.  Would bet most teams have 5 or 6 captains.  I wouldnt have card if they named 8.  I'm on another board and no one is saying they have too many or too few.  Only talk is who was named and who wasnt named.  Kind of more of what I expected here

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

at least it's going to consistently be the same guys.  could be worse: "hey, we're playing the Steelers, let's make Bell a captain this week!"...."hey, we're playing the Ravens, Mosley, you're up!"  sound familiar?  Now THAT was something to complain about...

To be fair, when it was fat Rex and we were winning, we loved it.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

More to having captains than just window dressing.

More to having captains on a team other than window dressing or to create good will.

Captains meet with CS for a number of different reasons, complaints, suggestions, etc.  Are the liaisons between coaches and players.  They named one from just about every unit, dont see why anyone would care that they believe 6 is too many.  Dont see a down side or why anyone actually cares.

They also help discipline the players, run the kangaroo court, fine players for any different number of offenses

Just heard an interview with Strahan talking about Coughlin being a tyrant and on the behalf of the team he met with him, argued with Tom and told Coughlin if he didnt change his ways he would lose the team, he has lost many. Led to Coughlin changing his ways

Thats all.  I wouldnt have cared if they named only two, though I would have been shocked that they named only two.  Would bet most teams have 5 or 6 captains.  I wouldnt have card if they named 8.  I'm on another board and no one is saying they have too many or too few.  Only talk is who was named and who wasnt named.  Kind of more of what I expected here

Again, everyones I think just giving some thought, nice and concise  thought too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

I was thinking the same thing.  He is dead in the water.  The Jets should take they can get and save the cap space.  

Easy boys. Let’s see what he does this year with the new blood on D. If he’s just good dump him. If he rises to the heavens sign him.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They named one from just about every unit, dont see why anyone would care that they believe 6 is too many.  Dont see a down side or why anyone actually cares.

I barely care, but they selected two safeties and no skill positions on offense outside of Sam. So not quite every unit.