Jets Name Team Captains

Jetsbb

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And you would get roasted by Godzilla but at least you’d get a funny little dance in between incinerations. 

As opposed to coming up with quips about millennials and whatever other odd cultural mumbo jumbo you attach to your lame jokes, in an ever sad attempt to be hip?  ****, Godzilla may play with me.  He'd just stomp on you and be done with it. 

I'm actually surprised McLendon is a captain? It makes a lot of sense for sure, but many people speculated he'd get cut now that Williams is on the team. If I could have 53 McLendon's, I'd take that in a heartbeat. What a no nonsense, no excuses, kind of guy. EXCELLENT guy to put in front of rookies.

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, JetNation said:

IMG_3845a.jpg

With the start of the NFL season just days away, the Jets have named their six team captains for the 2019 season according to the team’s official twitter account.

Our captains for the 2019 season:

QB Sam Darnold
LT Kelvin Beachum
S Jamal Adams
LB C.J. Mosley
DL Steve McLendon
S Rontez Miles https://t.co/Tf4Vpr5O3m

— New York Jets (@nyjets) September 4, 2019

The captains are are quarterback Sam Darnold, left tackle Kelvin Beachum, safety Jamal Adams, linebacker C.J. Mosley, defensive lineman Steve McLendon and safety Rontez Miles.

The post Jets Name Team Captains appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

4Iv0acEGcEo

Click here to read the full story...

6 captains...gimme a break. Darnold is in his 2nd year. Not yet. Next year. Adams has 1 int. Wait till he gets 2. So that’s probably another 2-3 years away for him. Mosley hasn’t played a down yet for us so next year for him. Beachum sucks. Period. As does McLendon. Both will be gone next year. Miles is a bench warmer. Not exactly captainish. Name this guy and Let’s Go Jets!!!!!

E47EA791-27BC-4C00-8BB3-1427C29FA395.jpeg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I know, was surprised too.
I expected Bell.  
But its also why I said just about every unit. 
Bell would have been captain if Rex 'vet limelight's(santonio cough) Ryan were still here .. Bell hasn't taken a single snap for the Jets yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Bell would have been captain if Rex 'vet limelight's(santonio cough) Ryan were still here .. Bell hasn't taken a single snap for the Jets yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On Rex, without a doubt.

As far as not having taken a snap yet, its happened before, plenty of times.  Every sport too, especially since we're talking vets who have proven themselves before.

Favre was captain before taking a snap.  Messier 

21 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

at least it's going to consistently be the same guys.  could be worse: "hey, we're playing the Steelers, let's make Bell a captain this week!"...."hey, we're playing the Ravens, Mosley, you're up!"  sound familiar?  Now THAT was something to complain about...

Sexy Rexy with the brainless plan to switch his captains on a weekly basis

Cutting the legs out of the points to naming captains

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Sexy Rexy with the brainless plan to switch his captains on a weekly basis

Cutting the legs out of the points to naming captains

exactly.  it's supposed to be an honor!  then he goes to Buffalo and makes Incognito a captain, and that Emkapali (sp?) dude who punched Geno in the mouth a captain against us?  so stupid.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

exactly.  it's supposed to be an honor!  then he goes to Buffalo and makes Incognito a captain, and that Emkapali (sp?) dude who punched Geno in the mouth a captain against us?  so stupid.

ANd if you look deeper, captains are supposed to be the go between with coaching staff and players, how does that work if the captains change from week to week.  Then again, might work in Rexs mind, there wont ever be issues that come up if captains are only on one week at a time

• Upvote 1