Josh Allen explains how to beat Gregg Williams Defense

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He will get away just in time to throw that much anticipated interception.

This is very possibly a big part of this week's plan.  You don't have to tackle him.  Just force him to throw while rolling out.  He has proven to be particularly bad at that.  I would take a situation where half the balls sail harmlessly away and 1 in 12 or so end up in our hands.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

You know you suck, when your biggest threat as a QB is your feet, yet you cant effectively execute a play action. 

I agree. Most of Allen's runs will come off of broken plays, gets a feel for a blitz and just takes off opposed to Darnold who is scrambling to throw or using play action/roll outs. 

It felt like Allen ran for 500 yards on us last year when he broke for 100 yards on 9 carries ?‍♂️

Bowles is also the King of not making in game adjustments and just standing there with a confused quit angry face. I would expect GW to have a in game adjust for when Allen gets a couple of these runs on us early. 

• Sympathy 1

Game is an even match.  Could go either way.  Alot of material unknowns for this Jets squad at this point.

Going to be very interesting to see the Gase O in live-fire, see Darnold and if he has really taken a step forward, see Bell take actual carries that count for the first time in a long time, see if Crowder is the weapon we hope (and helps open up Anderlols and Enunwa more), see if that rebuilt O-Line has really improved, to see if our #1 draft pick is the stud everyone claimed he would be from day 1, and of course, to see just how bad the CB's of our Defense are.

I see a couple of legitimate potential problems.  Is the Gase O legit?  We'll see.  Can Bell put up 120+ combined yards (run and pass).  He better if we want to win.  Can Darnold avoid costly turnovers?  He'll need to.  Can any of our WR's get open?  Can our kicker actually hit any FG's?  Can our extremely expensive D-Line and MLB stuff their running game cold?  They'll need to.  Can our D keep Allen bottled up and avoid the Jets longstanding weakness against running QB's busting open long gains on foot?    

This game is no sure thing.  We have plenty of talent to win it, but the Bills are no pushover compared to us at this point.  

Lets get a win, and be happy if we do.  This one will likely be sloppy as hell, we'll need to be better and more disciplined to carry the day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I saw the jets bills game last year when we cleared out the stadium and sent the bills fans home before the game ended. It was great.

Can't wait till Sunday

I saw Matt Barkley wipe his ass with our defense last year as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Josh Allen scares me.

I don't think the Jets will ne blitzing much because of his ability to take off and run. The reply I know I'm going to get here is "well Josh can't put the ball in the ocean" but let's be honest, the lack of talent we have at CB doesn't bode well on paper against anyone as far as the passing game goes. I think the big keys here will be stopping their running backs, and hopefully getting a few turnovers, because I think Allen is going to end up with a big combined passing and rushing total.

On offense, Darnold will have his hands full against a pretty good defense and needs to not turn the ball over and finish off drives. Our new PK doesn't inspire me. I don't want this game coming down to a late FG attempt by him.

My prediction, Darnold does enough, the Jets get a boost from the home crowd and pull off a 24-20 win. It won't be easy, but I think we're all going to be happy to finally see a well coached defense that can hold a lead in the 4th quarter.

The Bill O is a joke. I am actually starting the Jets D in one of my fantasy leagues.  

What other than Allen's  ability  to escape the pocket scares you on this team? True, they have a very good D but they have nothing on O to worry about. 

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Allen’s got a Rocket arm. But he’s a run first, single read QB. His accuracy isn’t great, in fact it’s terrible. He’s a very dangerous runner. I’d have Cashman spy him all game. 

The guy you want spying is Maye. Maye has the speed to keep up with him and can hit him hard enough to make him think twice about leaving the pocket. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

You are concerned with out ILB getting trucked by a QB?  That should be any ILB's wet dream

O wouldn't go that far. I don't  know if you saw Randall Cunningham play but even LT wouldn't  rush him and just spied him to keep him in the pocket.  Allen seems to be similar as far as running. The guy is an athletic freak. He can make you look stupid running away from you. 

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Josh Allen can't beat an egg LOL! He's got that stupid Scooby-Doo cross-eyed look on his face and I honestly don't think this guy could figure out how to microwave a 7-Eleven burrito. As far as Cole Beasley... meet Mr. Poole. Have your ice pack ready lil bitch!

7-11 burrito's are tough... just an fyi tho:

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs
  • Josh Allen: 37.
  • Josh Rosen: 29.
  • Sam Darnold: 28.
  • Baker Mayfield: 25.
  • Lamar Jackson: 13.

52 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And then immediately afterwards, Maye will be day to day and doubtful for Week 2. 

?

Good to see you posting today. I'm assuming all is well after Dorian?

We're in the middle of it here in Myrtle Beach right now. Obviously have power. Awaiting the brunt of it this afternoon/evening.  It was a little crazy early this morning, got awakened by phone alerts at 4am. Tornadoes were popping up all around my area, one actually missed me by less then half a mile. So far not much damage, a few trees, and flooding in high risk areas, but thankfully I'm on the Intercoastal and it's a barrier between me and the ocean.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We're in the middle of it here in Myrtle Beach right now. Obviously have power. Awaiting the brunt of it this afternoon/evening.  It was a little scary early this morning, got awakened by phone alerts at 4am. Tornadoes were popping up all around my area, one actually missed me by less then half a mile. So far not much damage, a few trees, and flooding in high risk areas, but thankfully I'm on the Intercoastal and it's a barrier between me and the ocean.

We lucked out. It parked itself 100 miles east of us and pummeled the Bahamas for 36 hours, and then just crept north. Weird, never saw a storm turn 90* like that. We got guests and rain, but barely tropical storm level. Hope you guys up there are as lucky, I know the SC low Country and OBX will get storm surge effects. 

Donating all of our Hurricane supplies, excess water, and some bedding, towels, clothes etc for Bahamas relief. We can buy more if we need it, those people over there have nothing left.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Allen was confused by a Todd Bowles defense.

Think about that when youre scared that he'll figure out a Gregg Williams defense.

Hes going to get attacked from every different area and hes going to get hit hard and often.  

lol I don't know if this is accurate but it's funny as fug

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Game is an even match.  Could go either way.  Alot of material unknowns for this Jets squad at this point.

Going to be very interesting to see the Gase O in live-fire, see Darnold and if he has really taken a step forward, see Bell take actual carries that count for the first time in a long time, see if Crowder is the weapon we hope (and helps open up Anderlols and Enunwa more), see if that rebuilt O-Line has really improved, to see if our #1 draft pick is the stud everyone claimed he would be from day 1, and of course, to see just how bad the CB's of our Defense are.

I see a couple of legitimate potential problems.  Is the Gase O legit?  We'll see.  Can Bell put up 120+ combined yards (run and pass).  He better if we want to win.  Can Darnold avoid costly turnovers?  He'll need to.  Can any of our WR's get open?  Can our kicker actually hit any FG's?  Can our extremely expensive D-Line and MLB stuff their running game cold?  They'll need to.  Can our D keep Allen bottled up and avoid the Jets longstanding weakness against running QB's busting open long gains on foot?    

This game is no sure thing.  We have plenty of talent to win it, but the Bills are no pushover compared to us at this point.  

Lets get a win, and be happy if we do.  This one will likely be sloppy as hell, we'll need to be better and more disciplined to carry the day.

If this game is about "can the Jets execute their offense effectively", I have high hopes. I see 27-35 points for the Jets. To me its about can we stop Allen and the Bills? If we don't let him beat us deep and force him to play a march down the field game we should be fine. Jets 31-17.

11 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I didn't exactly see an explanation of how to beat a Greg Williams defense? Josh Allen isn't close to understanding what Williams is gonna do and you can bet GW has a nice plan in store for this Bills Offense and I think Josh Allen knows it. I think Allen throws 2 picks and get beaten up quite a few times. Sure he will have a few runs and complete some passes but not nearly enough. Good luck Chumly - your gonna need it against this fuming Jet defense!

I thought that my already lacking reading comprehension had regressed even further. I was looking for the formula but never found it. I would say, terrible title at best.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

We're in the middle of it here in Myrtle Beach right now. Obviously have power. Awaiting the brunt of it this afternoon/evening.  It was a little crazy early this morning, got awakened by phone alerts at 4am. Tornadoes were popping up all around my area, one actually missed me by less then half a mile. So far not much damage, a few trees, and flooding in high risk areas, but thankfully I'm on the Intercoastal and it's a barrier between me and the ocean.  

My wife & I plus the dog evacuated Beaufort & are in a sh*thole hotel in Augusta GA. Powers out where my home is so the only thing good about this I can watch the Packers vs Bears tonight.

Good luck to you up in Myrtle Beach. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

This is an exaggeration, but even if it weren't, what evidence is there that this defense is going to be any good? Couldn't the Jets defense also turn out to be a joke?

The Jets D from what I saw in preseason is below average but I would bet we were playing very Vanilla because there are good players like Mosley, Adam's, and Leo. Johnson also did well under Williams.  There is enough there to play decent. Frank Gore is the starting RB, Beasley and Zay Jones are the WR's. That is horrible personnel.  If we can't  stop this, Williams sucks.

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Josh Allen scares me.

I don't think the Jets will ne blitzing much because of his ability to take off and run. The reply I know I'm going to get here is "well Josh can't put the ball in the ocean" but let's be honest, the lack of talent we have at CB doesn't bode well on paper against anyone as far as the passing game goes. I think the big keys here will be stopping their running backs, and hopefully getting a few turnovers, because I think Allen is going to end up with a big combined passing and rushing total.

On offense, Darnold will have his hands full against a pretty good defense and needs to not turn the ball over and finish off drives. Our new PK doesn't inspire me. I don't want this game coming down to a late FG attempt by him.

My prediction, Darnold does enough, the Jets get a boost from the home crowd and pull off a 24-20 win. It won't be easy, but I think we're all going to be happy to finally see a well coached defense that can hold a lead in the 4th quarter.

It's interesting with our CB or even DB situation overall.  Poole is a very good nickel. Not top shelf but solid and can also lay some wood which is a very positive aspect. Tru, if healthy will be fine IMO. Williams will have him in more press and trying to disrupt the route early. We will see a resurgence of sorts if he is healthy. Roberts is an X factor, but I can't recall seeing him getting beaten all that much if at all in the preseason. Not hearing his name is a good thing.  Thing is, with all of the shuffling around of CB's we are still going to start with the 3 guys we were always going to start with. We just completely revamped the bottom of the unit. Clark, Jones and Nickerson are all gone.

The safety situation is where it gets really interesting. Two of our best D players happen to reside there and we got Farley who is also very solid and smart. After I watched that Eagles vid on how Roseman changed up the mentality by focusing on steady DL rotation and Safeties being more important than the CB's it hit me.It looks a lot like that's what Douglas is doing. Everyone questioning why we kept so many DL and so few CB's.  I can really see a focus on pressure up the middle and having fresh guys rotating almost constantly. Having packages where we have 3 safeties in a 4 2 5 D can keep our best players on the field at the same time.   

I think we may be surprised by what our D can do and how well they defend the pass. I'm really excited about the creative looks we are going to see and I think Allen just might be unable to get comfortable for any length of time. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Jets D from what I saw in preseason is below average but I would bet we were playing very Vanilla because there are good players like Mosley, Adam's, and Leo. Johnson also did well under Williams.  There is enough there to play decent. Frank Gore is the starting RB, Beasley and Zay Jones are the WR's. That is horrible personnel.  If we can't  stop this, Williams sucks.

Agree about the vanilla part. 

I just tremble at the thought of no above average edge rushers and bad corners. Bad combo for 2019 NFL life. I need to see this defense play well before I believe they can be trusted to stop anyone. 

6 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

You are concerned with out ILB getting trucked by a QB?  That should be any ILB's wet dream

Again, I understand that.  However, Darron Lee was 6-1 230.  Would you feel comfortable with him versus Allen?

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Again, I understand that.  However, Darron Lee was 6-1 230.  Would you feel comfortable with him versus Allen?

If I doubted any ILB being trucked by any QB, I wouldn't want him.  As an ILB you are taking on guards while trying to tackle running backs of all shapes and sizes(with a full head of steam). If a QB comes at you, you best declete his monkey AZZ

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

If I doubted any ILB being trucked by any QB, I wouldn't want him.  As an ILB you are taking on guards while trying to tackle running backs of all shapes and sizes(with a full head of steam). If a QB comes at you, you best declete his monkey AZZ

Hey man, I don't disagree with you lol, I'm just pointing it out.  Size concerns were a big reason Cashman fell, after all.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:10 AM, slimjasi said:

I think Allen is going to be good and I respect his talent. Our defense will have its hands full. 

Fortunately, I think Darnold will be better. 

Arm is powerful. Accuracy is questionable.  Accuracy is hard to develop at pro level.