Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Prediction: next big story out of raiders camp is mayock resignation or firing

I'm going to disagree with that prediction.  I think Gruden understands something is up with AB that is unrelated to Mayock.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mayock is more concerned than upset about AB and wants him to get help.

11 minutes ago, docdhc said:

It seems more than acting like a dick.  He seems irrational.  Not in touch with reality.  The consequences of his actions will be to lose millions and millions of dollars and is not in his self interest at all.  He has been counselled by people who presumably care about him, like his agent and his team mates but still is being incredibly self destructive.  That is why people are speculating on mental illness.

Many in Steelers organization believe after this hit he was never right again.  

29 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I’m angry now. I work my ass off as a small business owner to feed my family and live a good life. And a guy like this- a freaking sociopathic narcissist acting like a victim needs to be released from all this oppression? End it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He happens to have a skill that is highly in demand and gets compensated accordingly.  As far as his behavior, he takes a lot of hits so who knows how that's affecting him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it appears as if Brown will absolutely be released by the Raiders and, inevitably, the Jets will be brought up as a "possible" destination for him. Do we think Douglas gives this a look?

I'd be shocked.  I think there's a good chance nobody signs him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it appears as if Brown will absolutely be released by the Raiders and, inevitably, the Jets will be brought up as a "possible" destination for him. Do we think Douglas gives this a look?

No chance. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seriously I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be shocked.  I think there's a good chance nobody signs him.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

No chance. 

Counterpoint: LeVeon Bell pulled the same sh*t and has come here and done (mostly) everything right. It's not impossible that Gase and Douglas think they have what it takes to keep Brown focused, especially if/when Bell vouches for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I doubt it .. but I don’t know what Joe Douglas MO is.. like we did with Macc and Players with DV situations .

but I can a 100% see Bill Picking him up for the cheap and them killing it with him. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Blackballed by the league.  Never gets another look in the NFL again.  Kaep 2.0.  This time over something far more important to the 32 owners than politics-  Control.  Can't have players finding loopholes to suddenly retire and/or force their way onto other teams.

Le'Veon, Luck, now AB.  Next year it'll be Mayfield and Saquan.  This has to stop.  And it will.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I believe that Davis called Gruden, Mayock, and his legal counsel into his office last week after Helmetgate III and said we're punting AB and we need to figure out a way to get out of every penny of that contract.  By carefully managing their communication, saying all the right things, not giving him what he wanted, and letting him self destruct on social media they got what they wanted.

This is simple stuff, happens all the time in the workplace.  The easiest way to get rid of a disgruntled employee under contract without spending any money is to passively aggressively torment him.  You've likely seen this in the business world, the guy in your division who gets demoted or assigned to the part of the business that's failing, the guy who doesn't get invited to the important meetings.  The Raiders were foolish to trade for AB but their handling of the situation has actually been very good.  They're going to get out of this with no threat of legal action and $0 spent.

SAR I

I think they traded a 3rd rounder (?) for him though.  But if that's all they lose out of this situation then they extricated themselves about as well as they could have.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Blackballed by the league.  Never gets another look in the NFL again.  Kaep 2.0.  This time over something far more important to the 32 owners than politics-  Control.

SAR I

I think there could be an entirely different twist to this story.  I could see this as another "Is the NFL too dangerous?" issue that could ultimately bring lead to the NFL (in its current form) being banned.  

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I hope so..........

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Antonio Clown is cray cray.  Where is Raiderholic with the inside scoop? lol

Mangini and Chris Carter both say release him. They were showing AB antics on the sideline at Pittsburgh getting in Tomlins face and others.. They also said Gruden got rid of KJ when he was with the Buc's and he wasn't anywhere as bad as AB.. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Blackballed by the league.  Never gets another look in the NFL again.  Kaep 2.0.  This time over something far more important to the 32 owners than politics-  Control.  Can't have players finding loopholes to suddenly retire and/or force their way onto other teams.

Le'Veon, Luck, now AB.  This has to stop.  And it will.

SAR I

just be prepared for that lockout . Cause the way NBA and MLB players are getting paid with guarantees and controlling there futures .  The NFL players got a lot to fight for this time around .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Le'Veon, Luck, now AB.  Next year it'll be Mayfield and Saquan.  This has to stop.  And it will.

SAR I

If they conspire to blackball Brown, you'll start seeing the national NFL writers tweet out rumors of debilitating injuries and CTE this afternoon. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Thats something I could honestly see happening! 

Unless he has history with a HC/GM...I find it hard to believe someone gives him a shot like the Raiders did knowing what we know.

He may be TO’d / OchoCinco’d...the NFL might be done with him.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Prediction: next big story out of raiders camp is mayock resignation or firing

Nah, doesn't seem like Mayock is in the wrong here. This is an AB thing. He's doing everything he can possibly do to sabotage his career.

Aside from the Pats, no one will want to sign him after all of this. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t let this f*cking nutter within a mile of Darnold.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If they conspire to blackball Brown, you'll start seeing the national NFL writers tweet out rumors of debilitating injuries and CTE this afternoon. 

Right now, I'm leaning toward this being CTE-related.  Sounds like you don't agree?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1