Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm going to disagree with that prediction.  I think Gruden understands something is up with AB that is unrelated to Mayock.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mayock is more concerned than upset about AB and wants him to get help.

It just seems like Gruden and Mayock aren't on the same page at all. I could be reading it all wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If they conspire to blackball Brown, you'll start seeing the national NFL writers tweet out rumors of debilitating injuries and CTE this afternoon. 

Yes, the NFL handshake PR department will do what's necessary to make AB look like a big risk-  not that they have to do much, he already looks batsh:t crazy.  The owners are speaking right now, they're all on the same page, AB has played his last snap in the NFL.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I made my points with mayock . A GM going on the practice field to address a player till it nearly becomes a fist fight was a bad look . He could of handled it better. I still stand by that. That’s MY OPINION 

Now that we established that last part in caps you can stop quoting me. 

Nope. AB confronted Mayock, not the other way around. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I doubt it .. but I don’t know what Joe Douglas MO is.. like we did with Macc and Players with DV situations .

but I can a 100% see Bill Picking him up for the cheap and them killing it with him. 

Let him

I’m numb to the Pats winning at this point. They’ve already won 6. Who cares if they potentially win a 7th?

On the flip side, he could usher in their downfall a year or two early.

Sounds good to me

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Classic Good Cop/Bad Cop management strategy. 

Don't look at this from a football angle; look at it from the business angle.  The Raiders have been advised by legal counsel on how to behave in the last two weeks so that they could build a paper trail and have an air-tight case to get a disgruntled employee under contract out of the building without spending any money. 

Mayock "all in or out" and Gruden "I love this guy" is merely documentation on the ways in which the employee was given specific instructions (and was subsequently insubordinate) and was shown compassion and a path to rejoining the culture (Gruden's "the video was awesome") so that the Raiders are the innocent, offended party.

SAR I

From what has been reported, the Raiders seemed to have played him like a drum. 

They ok'd his return. 

And fined him 200,000 plus. 

That sets the wheels in motion, they can cut him and NOT owe him the rest of his contract, even after opening night game.  Turned his deal into a weekly prove it deal, dont you dare continue to be AB.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo what is going on 

What's going on is the Raiders don't want him on the team anymore.  Gruden kisses his butt publicly to indicate that he's welcome there, then hits him with a $200,000+ fine knowing AB won't show up for the game. Then they can hit him with the "Left team" designation, and won't have to pay him his guaranteed money, and he can't sign with another team this year.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don't look at this from a football angle; look at it from the business angle.  The Raiders have been advised by legal counsel on how to behave in the last two weeks so that they could build a paper trail and have an air-tight case to get a disgruntled employee under contract out of the building without spending any money. 

Mayock "all in or out" and Gruden "I love this guy" is merely documentation on the ways in which the employee was given specific instructions (and was subsequently insubordinate) and was shown compassion and a path to rejoining the culture (Gruden's "the video was awesome") so that the Raiders are the innocent, offended party.

SAR I

This all sounds plausible.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

What's going on is the Raiders don't want him on the team anymore.  Gruden kisses his butt publicly to indicate that he's welcome there, then hits him with a $200,000+ fine knowing AB won't show up for the game. Then they can hit him with the "Left team" designation, and won't have to pay him his guaranteed money, and he can't sign with another team this year.

They dont have to hope he doest show up to take away his pay.

He was fined for conduct detrimental to the team.  Can cut him in week three and not owe him money as per his contract.  

And remember, the Steelers paid his bonus money, all the Raiders owe him is his weekly 800,000+ check

There isnt any guaranteed money 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bingo...and it was evident to me the moment I saw they didn’t suspend him right away after the Mayock fiasco. They were following legal advice and seeing what their options were.

And they got AB apologizing publicly...that’s self incriminating...should’ve exercised his right to remain silent. ??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did you wver think Mayock would get a meaningful front office job in the first place?

Didn’t think he deserved this one. He might have been trying to transition away from TV into team management capacity. Don’t think that is going to work out for him 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, the NFL handshake PR department will do what's necessary to make AB look like a big risk-  not that they have to do much, he already looks batsh:t crazy.  The owners are speaking right now, they're all on the same page, AB has played his last snap in the NFL.

SAR I

It’s the right thing to do. This guy is in no condition to be playing football. He really needs helps and hopefully he doesn’t continue his rapid downward spiral. 

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Imagine the crippling guilt he'll feel in 20 years when he realizes he pissed away 30 mil because he couldnt stay out of his own way. Total assclown.

Apparently he's going to write a book (I mean, someone will actually do the writing for him but you know what I mean).  The title will be, "How I lost $30M in one Summer."

13 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s the right thing to do. This guy is in no condition to be playing football. He really needs helps and hopefully he doesn’t continue his rapid downward spiral. 

I suspect that there is nothing wrong with AB.  He's Le'Veon Bell but not a free agent, instead tied to the Steelers and needing a trade to get free.

Boiled down to two teams he didn't want to play for.  Buffalo and Oakland.  So he chose the team in the better weather.  And orchestrated his escape.  If things break the way they might, he'll be a free agent and can go to the Chargers, Patriots, Saints, Packers, wherever he actually wants to be.

This is the new trend for superstars wanting a new contract or off a team that doesn't show them enough love.  Loopholes and bad acting.  Bell did it.  I think Luck is doing the same thing.  Different ways to skin the same cat and get yourself onto the team you want to be on.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I suspect that there is nothing wrong with AB.  He's Le'Veon Bell but not a free agent, instead tied to the Steelers and needing a trade to get free.

Boiled down to two teams he didn't want to play for.  Buffalo and Oakland.  So he chose the team in the better weather.  And orchestrated his escape.  If things break the way they might, he'll be a free agent and can go to the Chargers, Patriots, Saints, Packers, wherever he actually wants to be.

This is the new trend for superstars wanting a new contract or off a team that doesn't show them enough love.  Loopholes and bad acting.  Bell did it.  I think Luck is doing the same thing.  Different ways to skin the same cat and get yourself onto the team you want to be on.

SAR I

This is very possible and I personally have no idea. It’s so interesting to consider all possibilities here. This story is only just started. It’s going to be an interesting year. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Definitely not Luck... I understand your point but there is no reason to leave the colts especially after the year he had last year

• Upvote 1