Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Can someone pull up the thread where we were all fighting about whether we should be going after Brown or Bell this off-season. I really  hope I was Team Bell!

Gase would have cut Brown by now. 

LOL   I do that too sometimes too. This one I'm pretty solid with. I wanted nothing to do with this one. The down side I also didn't want Bell because this is what I thought he was bringing with him. So far it seems like we got the better half. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think it's CTE. I think he is just nutty and is angling for a post-football reality show/instagram following type of life. 

Add in that he thinks with his new deal he has the Raiders under his control.  They cant just cut him without taking a huge hit.

Couldnt understand what he was doing all offseason.  Even if you bought into his feet the injuries to them, the helmet, why wasnt he in camp with his teammates, like a good teammate?  Who believes his BS at this point?

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This just seems weird that the news is they're "planning on suspending him". Usually the news would be "team x has suspended player y for n games".

AB is a head case but I don't think Mayock is helping matters.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

He's the hardest working player in NFL history. Member that? 

Are you going to tell me that Jerry Rice would play in a helmet that is less than 10 years old?  How can you expect him to attend team walk through?  That does not count.  It was in Canada.  He is the hardest working player in American Football history.  Not Canada!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

My honest suspicion is that he wants to get cut. He is subconsciously sabotaging himself. 

At the very least, he doesn't want to be a Raider and it is quite possible that he just doesn't want to play football anymore. 

I heard someone recently speculate that he already feels like he has accomplished what he set out to accomplish in the NFL. 9 years of what is possibly a HOF career and now he is stuck playing for a team that is probably going nowhere. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

And I don't care what they got for Mack. You don't trade that type of player and then pay Antonio Brown.

Exactly.  Either tank or don't.  Never, ever trade a talent the level of Khalil Mack otherwise.  And then Gruden complained a week or 2 later that the team couldn't rush the passer.  LOL.  

• Upvote 3

It appears Mayock said some things that AB felt were disrespectful to his manhood. 

AB was upset about being fined and posted it on social media. He also had some issues on some of the things Mayock had said about him in the past. AB felt that Mayock was talking down to him and he wouldn’t accept that type of disrespect. 

AB has no problems with Gruden.

The Raiders are trying to decide how long to suspend him. It could be a series, could be four games.

Mayock must of been talking a whole lot of sh*t. To disrespectful to his manhood Lmaoo . Hard knocks failed us this year . 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Add in that he thinks with his new deal he has the Raiders under his control.  They cant just cut him without taking a huge hit.

Couldnt understand what he was doing all offseason.  Even if you bought into his feet the injuries to them, the helmet, why wasnt he in camp with his teammates, like a good teammate?  Who believes his BS at this point?

I think I saw that if he is suspended they maybe able to get out of his guaranteed money. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

LOL   I do that too sometimes too. This one I'm pretty solid with. I wanted nothing to do with this one. The down side I also didn't want Bell because this is what I thought he was bringing with him. So far it seems like we got the better half. 

Bell could be called a lot of things after his holdout, but insane isn't one of them.  He's never come off as a lunatic.  There were far more warning signs about AB.  

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are you going to tell me that Jerry Rice would play in a helmet that is less than 10 years old?  How can you expect him to attend team walk through?  That does not count.  It was in Canada.  He is the hardest working player in American Football history.  Not Canada!

Good point. I change my entire stance on AB's work ethic and full control of the situation. Canada.... there it is.  Maybe they don't allow Air Balloon flights up there either.