Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

19 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I dont know how you can advocate for signing this guy   They stood by him during his helmet issue and cryo issue   He has been given everything he wanted including a raise and extention and he has repaid them by not showing up and fighting with his GM and coach   Oakland spent draft capital to acquire him and its got to be a huge embarrassment to cut him yet they cut him  

Signing him now would be asking to make the Jets into a circus   His talent is undeniable but his head is not screwed on right   Its not just Oakland that had issues with him   Pittsburgh did too   What makes you think it would be different on the Jets???

Do you know what really happened in Oakland?  What was said behind closed doors? Were you there for the confrontation between Mayor and AB?  

AB is a top 3 NFL WR when his head is screwed on right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I dont know how you can advocate for signing this guy   They stood by him during his helmet issue and cryo issue   He has been given everything he wanted including a raise and extention and he has repaid them by not showing up and fighting with his GM and coach   Oakland spent draft capital to acquire him and its got to be a huge embarrassment to cut him yet they cut him  

Signing him now would be asking to make the Jets into a circus   His talent is undeniable but his head is not screwed on right   Its not just Oakland that had issues with him   Pittsburgh did too   What makes you think it would be different on the Jets???

Exactamundo. When I saw Brown purposely kick the kicker trying to tackle him right in the face during a return showed what a POS this guy truly is. No F’in way do I want this pariah on my team. 

32 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

He is a head case but would take him on the Jets! He’ll go to the pats and some Jets fans will state reasons why he wouldn’t be good with the the Jets....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hes a total head case. He forced himself off a team with legit SB aspirations. Then he went completely ******* mental and forced himself off the team HE demanded to be traded to. He doesn't practice, he clearly has no interest in playing Football, and you want to sign him??

How does a guy that refuses to practice and is too busy doing sh*t on social media to pay attention at meetings (when he bothers to show up) going to learn an offense? How does he develop timing? And do you really want to expose a carefully selected team, that is in an culture building mode with a 21 year old QB to the Toxicity and insanity that is AB? In the NY market? Are YOU people INSANE???? Have you learned NOTHING??

SO ******* stupid. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol while I don’t want brown here I find this funny considering we haven’t been to playoffs in what 7-8 years? 

Neither have a lot of teams. But signing a bunch of lunatics isn’t the way to go. It’s like selling your soul to the dark side. 

BCFB920D-05EE-465A-9A49-756D8E9F7650.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you know what really happened in Oakland?  What was said behind closed doors? Were you there for the confrontation between Mayor and AB?  

you are 100% right.......except it is clear to anyone and everyone that ......his head is NOT screwed on right....not now and not the majority of the time in Pitt. People who have it together don't throw furniture off a balcony or the litany of other things he has done. 

• Upvote 1

Hard to see where he lands now.  He just lost a big payday so he’s going to want that back.  Many teams don’t have the cap room at this time in the season.

A team like Dallas would pay, but they just sold the farm on contracts.

Ideally he ends up with a talented qb..  something like GB.

does anyone take the chance on this walking circus?

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Exactamundo. When I saw Brown purposely kick the kicker trying to tackle him right in the face during a return showed what a POS this guy truly is. No F’in way do I want this pariah on my team. 

KC would sign him to an extension for that.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Normally I'm all for signing these very talented, troubled  players on a prove it deal.

Not this time.  IMO Brown is way more then just a diva.  I think he's actually insane, and is possibly a serious threat to himself, and others.  That's all the Jets need a shooting in the locker room.

Hate to say it, but stay far away, this guy could be dangerous 

been saying this for a few days now

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rillo said:

AB definitely has CTE

Clown

Tendencies

Everyday

He'll go the Pats, and we'll never hear another bad story about him again. 

Yeah, that narrative just isn't a thing anymore with the Patriots and it hasn’t for a long time. See Josh Gordon as the most recent example. 

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

In the meantime, the Oakland Raiders gave up a 3rd round draft pick and a 5th round draft pick to the Steelers for this guy.

The Steelers are the geniuses, and the Raiders are the dummies.

One organization is great, another one is lost.

Steelers have $21m in dead cap space from AB - no winners on this one

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The confrontation with Mayock happened in public, in plain view of probably 150 people. It has been widely reported in detail.  Are you stupid, dude/dudette?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Yeah, that narrative just isn't a thing anymore with the Patriots and it hasn’t for a long time. See Josh Gordon as the most recent example. 

The Pats wouldn't take AB.  They couldn't afford him, and even if they could, they tend to cut bait the second the player starts to be erratic.  Moss was gone 2 weeks after he started complaining to the media about a new contract.

It's also a really hard offense to learn for a WR, and something that requires a full training camp of preparation.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You really havent been paying attention here have you. 

You mean besides all the things hes done or said on his own, on HIS IG acct?

And going over to his boss, in front of the team, reporters, etc and screamed at him?  Threatened to punch his face in?  Called him racial slurs?

You need more?  And this is on Gruden, Mayock and Davis when you desperately fall in love with signing the biggest assclown in the history of the league.

Yeah, we all know what has been going on. 

His head is never screwed on right.  Report from a reporter who covers the Steelers, he was the same guy in Pitt, they just covered it up and held back on the fines, kissing his ass.  No wonder Ben had an issue with this clown.

And you want him around this team, this QB now.  You have to be kidding

• Upvote 3

If he can't acclimate to the Raiders who ask no questions and have a history of signing dysfunctional personalities like Burfict and many in the past. What this means is that finally the Raiders were smart and saved themselves 30 million. They only lost a 3rd and a fifth not that bad. The guy is a narcissist and a nut and accused of violence against his ex gf. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yeah! No opinions allowed unless you were there!

• Upvote 2

I have to ask, was Antonio Brown acting like a complete headcase before his issues in Pittsburgh ? Sure he was a bit nuts but he never was detrimental to the team.... that all seemed to happen at once based on a back and forth with The Rapist and Pitt Ownership.

Seems to me like he wanted out of Pitt at all costs and something must have happened in Oakland pushing Antonio to Act like a head case so he could move on as an UFA. 

I think this entire thing was calculated and while very risky, Antonio is not hurting for money and now gets to make the call he probably wanted all along. What that call is, I have no Idea, but too many things have happened to just chalk this up to Antonio being crazy. He's doing this on purpose because this is not how he normally acted prior to all of this.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

This is the primary reason he will NOT be signed by the Pats. They wont have both of these nut cases on the squad in the same season. If Josh wasn't back and behaving himself then maybe there would be a spot for hime on the team. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If he can't acclimate to the Raiders who ask no questions and have a history of signing dysfunctional personalities like Burfict and many in the past. What this means is that finally the Raiders were smart and saved themselves 30 million. They only lost a 3rd and a fifth not that bad. The guy is a narcissist and a nut and accused of violence against his ex gf and his gm

lol