Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tannenbaum tweeted that if hes suspended they can get out of his 29mil bonus.  If hes off the opening day roster they would then be out of the 14 whatever mil he would be owed im salary.

You know the Raiders are meeting with their lawyers right now dotting the eyes and crossing the tees to getting out from under this azzholes grip

This makes sense.

I wonder if other GMs are on the phone with Mayock right now? I have no clue if they're allowed to trade him before he even plays a single game, or how a trade would hurt their cap. Maybe simply releasing him is the best way to go?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This makes sense.

I wonder if other GMs are on the phone with Mayock right now? I have no clue if they're allowed to trade him before he even plays a single game, or how a trade would hurt their cap. Maybe simply releasing him is the best way to go?

Have no idea which is the better scenario.  Problems are everyone know whats going on and is going to offer 20 cents on a $.  

Other problem is by AB making a public show of this, not knowing how to STFU and being a twitter Queen, who would really want him right now?

His negatives have overpassed his talents IMO at this time

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

From what is being reported Mayock isn’t completely innocent in this either . He definitely played a role in this situation . With the fines and  the public ultimatum. Apparently they don’t like each other . And we all know Mayock ain’t the type to bite his tongue. He say whatever he wants . 

I don’t see what Mayock did wrong. Brown was acting selfish and Mayock called him out. If he didn’t there would be no discipline on that team. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no idea which is the better scenario.  Problems are everyone know whats going on and is going to offer 20 cents on a $.  

Other problem is by AB making a public show of this, not knowing how to STFU and being a twitter Queen, who would really want him right now?

His negatives have overpassed his talents IMO at this time

If Mayock just keeps his mouth shut and doesn't go making threats to his buddies in the press he probably has more value in any potential trade. Trade value was already diminished, but now even more so.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Agree. Not the hill the NFLPA will want to die on.

With CBA coming up . I think it’s hill there definitely gonna die on. They gotta set the tone from now. That guaranteed money issue in the nfl is no joke and players been getting fleeced for years . 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t see what Mayock did wrong. Brown was acting selfish and Mayock called him out. If he didn’t there would be no discipline on that team. 

Deal with it in house there was no need to go public . They knew who AB was when you acquired him. 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Mayock just keeps his mouth shut and doesn't go making threats to his buddies in the press he probably has more value in any potential trade. Trade value was already diminished, but now even more so.

he had no trade value anyway....all the drama in pitt then the feet, the helmet, then this?  and most of this was AFTER they paid him? What GM worth his shorts is gonna invite this kind of drama now at the start of the season when AB has shown that he is nothing but a drama queen and a distraction. Kapernick has a better chance of getting a contract after this latest incident. 

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yeah, this is Mayocks fault.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Me too!  Guy I'm facing has Melvin Gordon, AJ Green, and Antonio Brown.  If I can't beat him I'm the worst fantasy football player ever.  

but you will have to play that team 2 times, depending on league size... that second time could be tough depending on rosters at that time.

I have faith that you win this week.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You go to work tomorrow and treat your boss how AB has treated his.

Tell me how quiet and how concerned with shutting his mouth he would be, how worried about making it better. 

Problem isnt Mayock, its that AB thinks he beyond rules, that they dont apply to him.  He can come and go, practices arent for him.  That because he didnt act on getting a new helmet when his was banned the rule wouldnt count for him, hes AB.  He didnt need to find a new helmet like others did.  When his appeal was turned down he thought that meant that along with stomping his feet, check that ;), he could just stay home and relax, afterall camp's for suckers.

AB is absolutely at fault, Mayock has done what should be expected.  Until he was confronted last night Id bet they never though it would get to this.  Who would?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

With CBA coming up . I think it’s hill there definitely gonna die on. They gotta set the tone from now. That guaranteed money issue in the nfl is no joke and players been getting fleeced for years . 

There are better cases to use as supporting evidence. AB is not only making things bad for himself, he is making a shining example of why there should NOT be guaranteed contracts. 

I don't agree with that position but this is definitely a case that has some points in the leagues favor. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

but you will have to play that team 2 times, depending on league size... that second time could be tough depending on rosters at that time.

I have faith that you win this week.

Oh for sure, he's got a dangerous squad if he gets all 3 of those guys back soon.  I just looked and I face him again in Week 9. 

But for now I'll be very happy to start my season off on a good foot.  

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

There are better cases to use as supporting evidence. AB is not only making things bad for himself, he is making a shining example of why there should NOT be guaranteed contracts. 

I don't agree with that position but this is definitely a case that has some points in the leagues favor. 

NFLPA is not gonna sit there’s and let this man just lose 30 mill that was guaranteed over a argument . It’s bigger than just AB . Like I said with that CBA coming . They have set a tone. There may be better cases . But this is today’s case and Every single player is watching this situation. And this isn’t to say the raiders won’t win in long run . But this is gonna be a fight . 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You go to work tomorrow and treat your boss how AB has treated his.

Tell me how quiet and how concerned with shutting his mouth he would be, how worried about making it better. 

Problem isnt Mayock, its that AB thinks he beyond rules, that they dont apply to him.  He can come and go, practices arent for him.  That because he didnt act on getting a new helmet when his was banned the rule wouldnt count for him, hes AB.  He didnt need to find a new helmet like others did.  When his appeal was turned down he thought that meant that along with stomping his feet, check that ;), he could just stay home and relax, afterall camp's for suckers.

AB is absolutely at fault, Mayock has done what should be expected.  Until he was confronted last night Id bet they never though it would get to this.  Who would?

Again, I'm not absolving AB of anything and agree he's at fault. I'm just pointing out that it looks like amateur hour out here with Mayock reacting to this fiasco. He's not helping matters and is likely costing his team draft capital.

• Upvote 1