Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Well, when a player threatens to punch the GM in the face, it usually does.  

I mean Jeremy Shockey did the same thing apperently. And the giants shipped his ass out . That’s how you handle things behind the scene. Mayock coming off like a rookie with going public . 

26 minutes ago, peebag said:

I seriously believe that Antonio Brown has been purposely trying to not play this upcoming season.

Either that or he's freaking nuts.

Someone said, don't remember who, that he would fail a drug test and was doing all this frozen foot stuff and helmet stuff on purpose so as to not have to pee in a cup.

Could this be another stall?  Did they do drug tests in camp on all the players?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Someone said, don't remember who, that he would fail a drug test and was doing all this frozen foot stuff and helmet stuff on purpose so as to not have to pee in a cup.

Could this be another stall?  Did they do drug tests in camp on all the players?

SAR I

It certainly seems like the 'roids aren't fully out of his system yet.

• Upvote 3

Leveon Bell is nothing like AB.  Bells a little of a party guy, likes to smoke a little weed etc.

Bells only issues pop up when he wants to get paid.  Hes got a great contract for this year snd next so you wont hear a peep out of him.

It will be after year 2 when he wants more money that he wil be a problem.  But i believe gase has no intention of keeping him betond year 2 so it will be a non issue anyways.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It was guaranteed on the premise he behaved and showed up for practice. He didn't. He's gone. No one cares enough about Anotnio Brown for him to change the dynamics of contracts and the league.

Agree

This isn't a situation where there is even a hint of ownership trying to screw a player, or even a contract situation.

This is a situation where a player is acting like a lunatic, has publicly  threatened physical violence against his employer, and is refusing to do what the contract details.  

His teammates aren't going to be behind him in this.  He is depriving them of the small chance that they might be successful.  I would bet most of them would want him off the team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I mean Jeremy Shockey did the same thing apperently. And the giants shipped his ass out . That’s how you handle things behind the scene. Mayock coming off like a rookie with going public . 

Hmmm, I thought it was AB who went public by posting the fine letter

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Even I can't defend this.   This is an embarrassment .    I will hold off saying anymore till I calm down.  

Well that was unexpected, but welcome.  It took Antonio Brown to unite us.  The guy literally has superpowers LOL.

For real, I think many of us can sympathize once we get over the initial laughter (which you can't really blame us for).  The guy is so much worse than anyone outside of PIT could have seen.  The picks are gone.  The money isn't known yet.  But I feel like this is a watershed moment for the NFL now.  Because if AB is able to shoot his way out of a 2nd contract in less than a year, and sign with another team with no repercussions, then this will be the playbook used dozens of times every season by players who want to be paid more, or just play for another team.  And the whole league will suffer as a result.  It will be very intriguing to see how this plays out.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If there is a god, and he loves us, he will find a way for CLE to make room under their cap to bring him in next to Odell.  Talk about letting Nitro and Glycerin play together in the same beaker...

Honestly, it makes sense that no team should want anything to do with the toxicity that accompanies AB, but some team always does.  Pats always think they can bring out the best in a headcase and he would probably zoom over there as fast as his cryogenic tootsies can take him. 

The more interesting question is, if against all odds, no team was willing to sign him, would there be a (baseless) collusion suit filed?  I'm guessing yes.

I really can't see BB wanting him on the roster.

Dude is a tool bag and wouldn't fit in very well up in cheatsville.

IMO anyway.

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If this is his thought process he’s doing it wrong. Erratic behavior would prompt a drug test to eliminate that before they confirm he’s just batsh*t crazy.

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

It was AB that tried to use the press.  Mayock tried to keep the whole thing on the down low. 

Sorta makes you respect how well the Steelers were able to keep the full extent of his wackictude under wraps.

Yea - crazy how well the Steelers navigated the AB situation.

Mayock went to the press also though - and told them the steelers   raiders were going to suspend AB. Usually when a team suspends a player the news breaks that the player was suspended and for how long. Instead Mayock threatened the suspension via his media buddies. I personally think that's the wrong way to handle it.

This is pure speculation on my part based on what we know, but it seems to me like Mayock is letting his ego and emotions come into play here way too much for a GM.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mayock went to the press also though - and told them the steelers were going to suspend AB. Usually when a team suspends a player the news breaks that the player was suspended and for how long. Instead Mayock threatened the suspension via his media buddies. I personally think that's the wrong way to handle it.

This is pure speculation on my part based on what we know, but it seems to me like Mayock is letting his ego and emotions come into play here way too much for a GM.

It would be a neat trick if the Steelers could suspend AB.  

Image result for mike tomlin smiling

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mayock went to the press also though - and told them the steelers were going to suspend AB. Usually when a team suspends a player the news breaks that the player was suspended and for how long. Instead Mayock threatened the suspension via his media buddies. I personally think that's the wrong way to handle it.

If this has been AB's schtick for years behind the scenes in Pittsburgh then it shows me that organization is gutless.  Probably let AB walk around like he owned the place and not show up for meetings/practices.  

This is absolutely new to AB for sure because he wouldnt have posted the letter/fine and we all know this isnt the first time he's missed a practice or meeting.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Can someone pull up the thread where we were all fighting about whether we should be going after Brown or Bell this off-season. I really  hope I was Team Bell!

Gase would have cut Brown by now. 

I was just wondering where all the “ Sign this Beast” posters are hiding

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

None of those things change pissing in a cup. If it is your scheduled day to pee, you pee.