Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

That is amazing! If any GM were to get punched in the face you would’ve thought it would be Idzik or Maccagnan. 

31 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why?  the both overpaid for players and overdrafted players.  the players will be blowing them kisses

I meant punched by the fans.  ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I mean Jeremy Shockey did the same thing apperently. And the giants shipped his ass out . That’s how you handle things behind the scene. Mayock coming off like a rookie with going public . 

Think it stopped being in house when AB and his agent pushed it on us all preseason

It stopped being in house when AB took his notice of his fine and put it out for all to see on IG

Mayock and the Raiduhs didnt push this out on IG and play the martyr

AB is all about AB.  

He's turned himself into TO2

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

A lot people feel Mayock dropped the ball . Hell even Gruden sound hurt lol

A lot?

I havent heard one person, any talking heads who think Mayock is at fault.

At best they've said you knew what you were getting.  

• Sympathy 2

NFLPA is not gonna sit there’s and let this man just lose 30 mill that was guaranteed over a argument . It’s bigger than just AB . Like I said with that CBA coming . They have set a tone. There may be better cases . But this is today’s case and Every single player is watching this situation. And this isn’t to say the raiders won’t win in long run . But this is gonna be a fight . 
You think this is over an arguement? There is a LONG list of things to choose from. You can throw this one out and still win.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

Couple of thoughts...
If they trade him and his contract, the team acquiring him would be getting him very cheap, considering his bonus has already been paid (?).
The best case scenario would be Brown swallowing his pride and apologizing to his team and Mayock, but good luck with that.
I think [mention=9828]Jet Nut[/mention] was right, Gruden and Mayock are probably huddling with team lawyers right now. I can't imagine AB ever taking a snap in a Raider uniform at this point.
Where the hell is Gruden through all of this?

It was on the radio Sirius Wright's show that the bonus has NOT been paid yet.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A lot?

Are you really trying tell me Mayock handle this situation correctly ? I’m not even defending AB. But if you don’t see mismanagement of this situation on his part I don’t know what to say .

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Keep thinking that . We will see when the lawyers get involved . I think AB very much at fault . But I know for fact nflpa not gonna sit in there hands and just let 30 million guaranteed money Just get taken away . I can tell you it’s far from cut and dry as you think . 
I know as fans y’all love to side with the team . But contracts of this caliber are not just easily terminated. 
This has nothing to do with siding with the team. One side has clearly made an ass of himself. No different than Kraft getting a hand job. Some things you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Keep your mouth shut?  
And this is you NOT blaming Mayock.  
You arent getting who AB is. 
He wanted more money, was pissed he wasnt the highest paid WR, wanted to force his way out of Pitt after years of Tomlin and the Steelers letting "AB be AB".  
They tried to trade him to Buffalo, AB wouldnt go there, not cool enough for AB.  You want to be the highest paid WR, thats not enough afterall.
Then he gets traded to somewhere he could be happy.  Is paid at the top of his profession.  He won ever step of the way.  Hes now out of control becaus no one every told him no, this is it, take it or leave it.
Until now.
This is it, plain and simple

• Upvote 1

I seriously believe that Antonio Brown has been purposely trying to not play this upcoming season.
Either that or he's freaking nuts.
I think his brain is mush... like CTE and not even kidding he might be the first player to show up in a locker room and bust a cap or two. There seems to be a trend in this country where dissatisfied people take to firearms and he if I'm not mistaken has an affinity for them and now feels disrespected.

If they take his guarantee someone might catch some hot lead. That boy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

17 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

This has nothing to do with siding with the team. One side has clearly made an ass of himself. No different than Kraft getting a hand job. Some things you don't really have a leg to stand on.

So only one side made made a ass of himself? 

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A lot?

Damien Woody, and an anonymous source in the Steelers organization said this is all on Mayock, he approved the trade, gave him all that money, and he knew the personality he was getting, and like it, or not you have to treat him with kid gloves.  If you don’t want to handle a situation with kid gloves don’t trade for AB.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Cmon man... Do you really think what Mayock did is on the same level as what AB did?

Where just gonna agree to disagree . No need In going back a forth.. you think Mayock did great job with scolding his player through the media and getting in near fist fight with him on the practice field .

i guess the days of just calling the player into your office and handling issues. And being professional is out he window .

Can wait till joe Douglas gets into his first near fist fight .

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Are you really trying tell me Mayock handle this situation correctly ? I’m not even defending AB. But if you don’t see mismanagement of this situation on his part I don’t know what to say .

Im not trying, Im saying it.

Hes handled it perfectly.  Hes in a position where he can suspend AB and get out of paying him the $30 mil owed on his deal.

If yore thinking Mayock has done anything wrong, other than thinking this assclown wouldnt be as much of a distraction as he has become, then I dont know what to tell you.

They handled the balloon entrance, they handled the feet issue that AB created.  They handled the helmet fiasco.  They fined him as every player has said he should have expected. 

AB puts it out for all to see, blasts his bosses and paints himself as the pathetic martyr by saying now hes the devil.  That wasnt enough, he threatens to punch his boss in the face?  Takes a football, punts it and says now fine me for that?  Yeah, its on management

I just turned the NFLN pregame show and Michael Irvin of all people was saying that Mayock, Gruden and the Raiders have handled this right.  I've yet to hear one person agree with you.  And there have been lots of people talking.  

We all are entitle to our opinions, I would skip the "I dont know what to tell you" part of the sign off

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Damien Woody, and an anonymous source in the Steelers organization said this is all on Mayock, he approved the trade, gave him all that money, and he knew the personality he was getting, and like it, or not you have to treat him with kid gloves.  If you don’t want to handle a situation with kid gloves don’t trade for AB.

There's a gap between treating him with kids gloves and just turning a blind eye to skipping practice. You have to practice. When did this become negotiable? NFL practices are glorified butt slapping sessions these days with the new CBA. Brown is just nuts.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Woody said this is what you should have expected, you know who AB is.

That was before he threatened to punch him in the face.  

And thats not saying Mayock has handled this wrong.

We're talking about his possible suspension, not whether you should have expected drama out of AB.

They got drama with his grand entrance, with his feet, with his helmet and all were handled with kid gloves.  They fined him as he should have expected when not only did he not show to camp for some unknown nonsensical reason but when he didnt show up for the mandatory walk through in Canada.  WTF did he expect?  

Putting the fine on IG, yelling at Mayock for all to see and hear, threatening to punch Mayock in the face, punting a football right after the threat and scream "now fine me for that" was more than anyone should expect or put up with

AB is a self centered moron who is disrupting his own team not helping it

• Upvote 1

So because AB is a highly talented emotional infant, the rest of the team, league, and basically world is supposed to handle him differently than anyone else?  I'm disappointed to see Michael Thomas weighing in with an opinion on Mayock while completely ignoring the larger issue of AB's behavior.  It's just more enabling that will fuel his dysfunction. 

Mayock could have done things better but he was not, and is not the root problem here.  To point the finger primarily at him feels very problematic to me.  I'd hope our players would stay out of it completely on social media and let the Raiders sort their crap out on their own.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not being there when you are told to pee equals a positive test.  You get 4 hours and you have to provide your travel schedule.  It is dull, but I suspend/remove people for sh*t like this every week. 

So you are a pee man?

SAR I

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not trying, Im saying it.

Hes handled it perfectly.  Hes in a position where he can suspend AB and get out of paying him the $30 mil owed on his deal.

If yore thinking Mayock has done anything wrong, other than thinking this assclown wouldnt be as much of a distraction as he has become, then I dont know what to tell you.

They handled the balloon entrance, they handled the feet issue that AB created.  They handled the helmet fiasco.  They fined him as every player has said he should have expected. 

AB puts it out for all to see, blasts his bosses and paints himself as the pathetic martyr by saying now hes the devil.  That wasnt enough, he threatens to punch his boss in the face?  Takes a football, punts it and says now fine me for that?  Yeah, its on management

I just turned the NFLN pregame show and Michael Irvin of all people was saying that Mayock, Gruden and the Raiders have handled this right.  I've yet to hear one person agree with you.  And there have been lots of people talking.  

We all are entitle to our opinions, I would skip the "I dont know what to tell you" part of the sign off

at the moment Gruden and Ab agent  is trying to work out resolution for AB to stay with the raiders .. Gruden wasn't the one on the field tryna to have pissing contest with the AB.. Mayock was unprofessional and it spilled over . AB shouldn't post things on internet but Mayock is allowed to scold him in public makes all the sense in the world ..  all of this could of been delt with behind close doors instead Mayock approaching him the field over the ig post... and ill be damned if you bring coke head Michael Irvin opinions in here as if that means anything..

this is case of 2 wrongs but go ahead pretend Mayock is innocent

• Thumb Down 1