82nd Airborne

Which Jets star player (s) do you trust the least?

The whole Brown and Zeke saga motivated me to start this thread. It could be useless for most of you, but what the heck! 

#1 Bell- He has been soft spoken and candid about his position with the team but not without red flags. For instance, the entire jewerly issue shows the lack of maturity. He also embraced Zeke's contract and I predict he will hold out next year as well.  I am just not sold on him.  

#2 Robby Anderson- the kid will demand tons of money next year (I believe he is UFA).  I know this is the market and players will always see their skillset superior and deserving. Loyalty is not everyone's watchword, let's see how much this undrafted player will remember the team that believed in him.  

I hope that I am totally wrong and this team builds a great chemistry.  But I just think that nowdays,that many NFL players are more about  themselves than the team.  

Crucify me, burn me for starting this thread, thank you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

Hmm, I think I need more info on what you mean.

Do you mean do I trust them to perform to their expected level? Or do I expect them to be a big part of the team? Or do I trust them as part of the organization? Or that they have the teams best interest in mind?

Because I trust Bell to be a dynamic playmaker... But I'm not sure I trust him yet to be a team-first guy or something.

And with Robby, I trust him to give it his all and to try and be a difference maker... But I don't trust his injury history... 

1 minute ago, 82nd Airborne said:

The whole Brown and Zeke saga motivated me to start this thread. It could be useless for most of you, but what the heck! 

#1 Bell- He has been soft spoken and candid about his position with the team but not without red flags. For instance, the entire jewerly issue shows the lack of maturity. He also embraced Zeke's contract and I predict he will hold out next year as well.  I am just not sold on him.  

#2 Robby Anderson- the kid will demand tons of money next year (I believe he is UFA).  I know this is the market and players will always see their skillset superior and deserving. Loyalty is not everyone's watchword, let's see how much this undrafted player will remember the team that believed in him.  

I hope that I am totally wrong and this team builds a great chemistry.  But I just think that nowdays,that many NFL players are more about  themselves than the team.  

Meh, If Bell has a great year that's all I care about. Same goes for Robbie. We should remember that not one of the guys who "believed" in him is still employed by the Jets. It's just a bunch of guys who can't find a kicker and who just cut their 3rd rd pick after 2 months of practice. This team will thrown him in the garbage in 5 seconds if he has a subpar year and he knows that.  Let him get 1000 yds receiving with 10 TD's and get paid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Hmm, I think I need more info on what you mean.

Do you mean do I trust them to perform to their expected level? Or do I expect them to be a big part of the team? Or do I trust them as part of the organization? Or that they have the teams best interest in mind?

Because I trust Bell to be a dynamic playmaker... But I'm not sure I trust him yet to be a team-first guy or something.

And with Robby, I trust him to give it his all and to try and be a difference maker... But I don't trust his injury history... 

I am in Colorado and weed is legal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Both may act like a douche but as long as they perform I don’t care.

On this team I trust Gase and Hobbit the least because neither have done well. I do believe Gase can do good here if things work out well but I hated him and the hire (and got crucified for it) but I’m waiting and hoping I was wrong. 

Just now, 82nd Airborne said:

I am in Colorado and weed is legal. 

Fair, fair, fair.

This appears to be one of the very best jets teams in years as far as characters goes.  He punted this polite guy quick.  Lee is gone,  Bowles the joke disciplinarian is gone.

We may not have all the talent we need but the players are better character wise.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Bell, when he plays, is a Hall of Famer. I have no doubt that if he’s happy with his contract, he’s going to perform. 

Darnold is a gamer. Even if he’s struggling, he’s going to fight.

Mosley is an ILB, but he’ll impact every game as much as he can.

Jamal Adams and Leonard Williams are low-impact stiffs who don’t really do too much to help win football games.

IMO, the one highly paid player to watch is Osemele, who basically quit on the Raiders. Does he fight for the Jets if the Jets start out 4-6?

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2

I actually really trust Robby. He seems like he cares about doing well for the Jets. I trust Jamal and Darnold the most. The guy I trust the least that's a starter is maybe Leo. I'm starting to get the impression that he plays football because he is good at it. I don't see the passion. I'm a big Leo fan by the way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Okay I'll play! Here's the guys I trust the least and why. Quincy enunwa because he's always hurt. Trumaine Johnson because he sucks and he's always hurt, and we gave him 70 million dollars! Brian Winters cuz he's always hurt and he just had a baby which means his head is not in the game and if he goes down then we can welcome Tom Compton to the starting lineup. Good grief! And the other guy that I don't trust is the kicker whatever his name is because.... This Is Spinal Tap!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Outstanding SOJ thread. 

Well done. 

Which of our really good players do you hate the most. 

What the actual f*ck. 

I’m still waiting to see the name of a star player.

• Haha 3

Bell's jewelry being stolen is indicative of immaturity? Bit of a stretch. IIRC his contract is structured in a way that if he holds out or misses training camp his salary that year is no longer guaranteed or something to that effect. A rare smart move from Mac.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams and Leonard Williams are low-impact stiffs who don’t really do too much to help win football games.

No doubt this comment  is after visiting the local liquor store that was having a Boone's Farm wine tasting and they were trying to end it so they allowed @T0mShane to guzzle the leftover bottles. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No doubt this comment  is after visiting the local liquor store that was having a Boone's Farm wine tasting and they were trying to end it so they allowed @T0mShane to guzzle the leftover bottles. 

The one right next to his pill mill.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Bell's jewelry being stolen is indicative of immaturity? Bit of a stretch. IIRC his contract is structured in a way that if he holds out or misses training camp his salary that year is no longer guaranteed or something to that effect. A rare smart move from Mac.

Post-theft spending spree and how the entire thing went down.  Mac made several good moves that should deserve credit upon a successful season. 

Robbie has busted his ass to become a legit deep threat in the league and if he stays healthy and performs as expected then he deserves to get paid.

There is no such thing as loyalty when it comes to relationships between players and franchises in the NFL.

If Robbie Anderson didn't perform the way he has from day one then the Jets wouldn't of kept him, period. Personally I like what he brings to the offense and if he can give us 14-16 games this season he'll definitely put up big numbers in this offense with Darnold's growth as a QB and other weapons to take some of the defenses focus off of him. In this scenario he deserves to be paid well and I hope the Jets decide to do so.....we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

The whole Brown and Zeke saga motivated me to start this thread. It could be useless for most of you, but what the hell.

Darron Lee, Jachai Polite, Vernon Gholston, Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Darrelle Revis, DeWayne Robertson, Stephen Hill, Richard Todd....there's a start. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

#1 Bell- He has been soft spoken and candid about his position with the team but not without red flags. For instance, the entire jewerly issue shows the lack of maturity.

Man is robbed, hes a Jet, becomes an immaturity issue immediately.

And a red flag to someone, somewhere.  

LOL

Darron Lee, Jachai Polite, Vernon Gholston, Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Darrelle Revis, DeWayne Robertson, Stephen Hill, Richard Todd....there's a start. 
Add in Vlad Ducasse, Devin Smith, Hackenberg and basically anyone else taken in the 2nd round within the past decade

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I felt uncomfortable reading the OPs comments in this thread.

Am I the only one? If so, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

8 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

"Bell's entire jewelry issue"? Did you just say that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

1) Robbie Anderson - he's been a complete idiot with the cops before. I can't believe he's managed to avoid suspension given how DUMB his statement to the cop was. Where there's smoke there is most normally FIRE. I trust this kid VERY VERY little.

2) Chris Herndon - I hope I'm just overreacting? He's already gotten a DWI, which actually puts him in WORSE territory than Anderson. I want to think he's a nice kid that made a single mistake never to happen again? Only time will tell.....

2 hours ago, rldev said:

Quite possibly the most ridiculous topic on Jets Nation ever.

Wow.  Just choosing one would be quite a tall order.

When it comes to trusting players and loyalty, etc, it is so rare to find a high character no egocentric player these days. But those are the guys I like. Bilal Powell is one of them. I can't think of too many others.

Sad topic and maybe only 1-2 posts in it were worth reading.  Geesh is it Sunday yet?   

Darnold. Sample size too small to support the irrational exuberance. He has a lot to prove in the NFL.

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

"Bell's entire jewelry issue"? Did you just say that?

Far as I know, he bought jewelry, he bought company and somehow the jewelry got mistaken for a monumental gratuity. 

• Upvote 2