***OFFICIAL TNF NFL OPENER THREAD****

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Trubisky is one of the worst top 5  pick QBs I’ve seen. Not as bad as Bortles but pretty close. 

Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Mike Phipps, David Klinger, Todd Blackledge, and Heath Shuler all say hello!

That's just off the top of my head.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

My first of many: I hate football on Thursdays, and honestly don't give a hoot about football on Mondays.

All games on Sundays, that's it.

These teams have had plenty of prep time, and it's still pooh. If they go to 18 games, the Thursday games  spare Thanksgiving should go.But it won't. It's more money, injuries and awfulness of the game be damned. 

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Mike Phipps, David Klinger, Todd Blackledge, and Heath Shuler all say hello!

That's just off the top of my head.  

I said one of the top 5. 

Sanchez, Klingler, Blackledge don’t count.

Plus I said “one of”. 

Not “the”. 

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

These camera angles dont let you watch the game. They zoom in on Mack and when they zoom out, I need to look around for him. Instead of being able to spot him 3 or 4 seconds before the snap. I dont need to a close of these players. Zoom out. 

Eventually they'll have camera angles so up close to the players that doctors will be able to diagnose them with colorectal cancer just by watching the games. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I said one of the top 5. 

Sanchez, Klingler, Blackledge don’t count.

Plus I said “one of”. 

Not “the”. 

The point is that most of them seem to wind up underwhelming. Mr. Biscuit was painfully overrated and overdrafted... hes basically a rich mans Josh Allen so far. LOL. 

But with that Bears D he might be able to Sanchez his way to the Playoffs. 

We're visiting my wife's parents right now deep in enemy (masshole) territory and my wife and infant son went to sleep. So naturally, I decided to venture out to my first ever solo sports bar experience to catch the NFL opener.

Brought my Macbook and iPhone, sitting outdoors watching the game. Gotta say, this is amazing. I can't believe I've missed out on this my whole life. 

Granted we're less than 3 quarters in, but Matt's offense is nowhere near the run-oriented offense we were sold (my Aaron Jones pick be damned).

But really, I'm having more fun listening to the absolute brain-dead stupidity behind me by pats fans. 

Seriously, massholes never cease to remind me of just how illiterate they are to the Patriots other than Brady Gronk Edelman, how ambivalent they are to all of the moral/ethical/sportsman shortcomings of the pats franchise over the years, and simply how ignorant they are to the game of football in general. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The point is that most of them seem to wind up underwhelming. Mr. Biscuit was painfully overrated and overdrafted, but hes basically a rich mans Josh Allen so far. LOL. 

But with that Bears D he might be able to Sanchez his way to the Playoffs. 

I will allow this.