***OFFICIAL TNF NFL OPENER THREAD****

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

We're visiting my wife's parents right now deep in enemy (masshole) territory and my wife and infant son went to sleep. So naturally, I decided to venture out to my first ever solo sports bar experience to catch the NFL opener.

Brought my Macbook and iPhone, sitting outdoors watching the game. Gotta say, this is amazing. I can't believe I've missed out on this my whole life. 

Granted we're less than 3 quarters in, but Matt's offense is nowhere near the run-oriented offense we were sold (my Aaron Jones pick be damned).

But really, I'm having more fun listening to the absolute brain-dead stupidity behind me by pats fans. 

Seriously, massholes never cease to remind me of just how illiterate they are to the Patriots other than Brady Gronk Edelman, how ambivalent they are to all of the moral/ethical/sportsman shortcomings of the pats franchise over the years, and simply how ignorant they are to the game of football in general. 

Similarly watched a Bruins/Blue Jackets playoff game while in Foxwoods last spring, surrounded by Bs fans. Massholes are a different species. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Also, love the inferiority complex here. Everyone is rooting against the packers because Rodgers presents a threat to Brady as one of the top QBs in the league lolol.

earlier, I heard this: “why would Aaron be considered for GOAT when all he does is throw it to his players and they make the plays”

what? brady* is the king of dink and dunk, and Aaron Rodgers never got to play with a Randy Moss or Gronk and has played way less years and has less attempts and still has a higher AY/A than Brady’s. Also, he or his teams haven’t been caught cheating twice in the last 15 years.

• Upvote 4

Just now, RobR said:

After watching a game like this it's no wonder I like watching College Football games. This sh*t is borderline unwatchable and the NFL has neutered this game in ways which it will never recover.

Welcome to the 100th anniversary of the NFL. This is what the owners and commissioner wants.

Can't really argue with any of this.NOBODY wants referees to matter this much. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Is the NFL in trouble

my son and his 4 friends, all 13-14, watched for 10 minutes said this is trash and went in other room and put on the mlb network. ? 

Football is losing the younger crowd as most don't play the game. The town I live in went from 4 pop-warner teams to 1 flag football team, kids who wanted to play had to go to neighboring towns. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Can't really argue with any of this.NOBODY wants referees to matter this much. 

It feels like every other play and now we have even more reviews. You knew this was coming once they called holding on the DT early in the game.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Is the NFL in trouble

my son and his 4 friends, all 13-14, watched for 10 minutes said this is trash and went in other room and put on the mlb network. ? 

What do they think of the college game?

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Football is losing the younger crowd as most don't play the game. The town I live in went from 4 pop-warner teams to 1 flag football team, kids who wanted to play had to go to neighboring towns. 

Nonsense- most people have never played football, 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

What the hell is with the hurry-up?  Are they trying to give GB extra time in regulation if they actually score here?

Or do they just have so little confidence in their own offense, that they're just assuming they'll need to get the ball another time in regulation?

So yeah... I guess the second one.

I was thinking the exact same thing.