Bad Blood?

Jet Nut

No one has played up the amount of trash talking Allen was dishing out during the game last season.  Or on the dirty hit to Jenkins.  Wonder if its been posted to the proverbial bulletin board?  Is it real or just a post game thing?

Following Sunday’s Week 14 game at New Era Field, the New York Jets were celebrating. They topped the hometown Buffalo Bills 27-23 in comeback fashion.

One member of the Jets wasn’t just in celebration mode, though.

Linebacker Jordan Jenkins was heated as well and his thoughts were aimed at two cornerstones on Buffalo’s offense: rookie quarterback Josh Allen and left tackle Dion Dawkins.

On Dawkins, Jenkins said his anger came after just one play on offense. On the game’s first play, Dawkins was called for a chop block on Jenkins after going low on him.

“That kind of play is not what you need in this league. That’s real dirty. If I got fined in the preseason 20 Gs for taking Alex Smith to the ground, that ought to be even more, because that’s a career-ender. You don’t do that to guys,” Jenkins told the New York Daily News.

“After the play, I told (Dawkins), ‘If you do that again, I’ll kill you.’ I was enraged at the time. That’s a career-ender. You’re trying to mess up my life. That’s classless. You don’t dive at somebody’s ankle when somebody’s engaged with somebody. That’s not real football,” Jenkins said. “If you’re diving at somebody’s ankles when you’re engaged with somebody, that’s classless. That’s not real football. That’s some punk type stuff.”

Allen, who finished 18-for-36 for 206 yards, two interceptions and a 44.4 passer rating with 101 yards rushing, wasn’t fetching any compliments, either. Jenkins said Allen was running his mouth, too.

“He can throw the ball far… maybe not accurate,” Jenkins said. “I don’t really like that guy. That guy was talking trash out there. Personally, I couldn’t care less about that guy.”

“(Allen) was talking trash out there today,” Jenkins added.

Following the game Dawkins said he apologized to Jenkins during the game but Jenkins wasn’t buying it. And said he didn’t hear him. 

“I was supposed to cut the outside guy. And I cut him,” Dawkins said to the Buffalo News. “He had words. And once he came over again, I even apologized to him on the field. I was like, ‘Man, I’m sorry. I’m not trying to get you, man.’ I was telling him that I respect him as a player. But that’s crazy. That’s actually crazy.”

Too bad we won’t see a rubber match between these two sides in 2018.

I guess I don't really understand the whole bulletin board material thing? The Jets won FOUR friggin games last year. If that isn't motivation to play your ass off and beat a very beatable Bills team, then the Jets HC, GM, and the rest of the coaching staff SUCKS. They're a bunch of pussies that can't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. The Jets are more talented than last season they should be able to beat the Bills by just waiting for Josh Allen to make mistakes. Josh Allen sucks.

Im talking about the threat of JOSH allen in this division and the LAMENT of not drafting the other ALlen on.... i think the jags? The disruptive rusher. We took the other guy QW. Hope we dont regret it bit to be fair at this point the Jags Allen had a crazy preseason while our QW had a :yawn: pre season.

dont shoot the messenger, you ****ers