The Bears have a Sanchez problem

jetstream23

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Trubisky is better than Sanchez ever was, but it does seem like he makes a lot of mistakes of the sort that are really hard to fix. If only there were some way to know in advance that a quarterback with only thirteen college starts would struggle.

Sanchez was better then people seem to remember. Although Trubisky is more agile and has a better running ability, Sanchez had a better arm, he just was terrible at diagnosing defenses.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Trubisky looks like Vince Young out there... 

I don’t like his arm/accuracy.  He didn’t have much college tape coming out of North Carolina.  And the tape I saw I wasn’t very impressed.  I thought if someone took him in the 1st Rd he was being way overdrafted, and then, suddenly, the Bears mortgaged the farm to move up just 1 pick because obviously they had to have him.  That thing happens way too much with QBs.  I remember when Minnesota grabbed Christian Ponder in the 1st and having seen him play at FL St I immediately thought “I can throw a football farther than him”, then I thought..”lots of people are going to be losing their jobs on the Vikings”.  I’m not saying Trubisky is Ponder, just that even a stacked team will have difficulty winning the biggest games with him.

Huge mistake.  He will NEVER hold a SB trophy much less go on any deep playoff runs, and I’m not basing it just on last nights game.

What a waste of a great player in Khalil Mack.

This is also a product of a QB with minimal exp. not playing at all in preseason. Sure you risk your season with injury of you play them there, but this QA still needed time with his players during preseason so he wasn't so rusty in game 1. Now you didn't risk your season by putting Mitch out there during preseason, but due to his rust you may risked your season based on the games/schedule. You now lost to a top division team at home, meaning later in the season you have to play them in their house. Next week you are at Denver and we all know that is likely the hardest place to play in the NFL. Could be looking at 0-2 off of a 12-4 season and unlike last year there may not be faultering by the Packers and Vikings. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love how some people are throwing some blame on Matt Nagy.  Oh, you mean the offensive genius that helped a 13-game college starter throw 24 TD / 12 INT and go to the Pro Bowl last season?  Come on.  

If you collapse your sample size small enough, you can justify any opinion with “evidence.”

• Upvote 1

Its not rocket science.  The bears are not very good.

They snuck up on people last year playing a last place schedule, new offense no one had seen before, lots of momentum with the mack trade and new coaching staff and everyone stayed healthy last year.

Now a 1st place schedule and an offense everyone is prepared for.

This is an 8-8, 9-7 team that will finish behind the vikes and packers and miss the playoffs.

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love how some people are throwing some blame on Matt Nagy.  Oh, you mean the offensive genius that helped a 13-game college starter throw 24 TD / 12 INT and go to the Pro Bowl last season?  Come on.  

Trubisky was awful last night, but so was Nagy. Montgomery was running the ball very well yet only had six touches. Cordarrelle Patterson run on 3rd and 1? Another 3rd and inches where they go shotgun and elect to pass (incomplete)? Going for it on 4th and 10 at the Packers’ 30? Trubisky only getting three snaps in the preseason, all of which were handoffs? This is not a 10 year veteran who doesn’t need the reps.

Nagy is a smart offensive mind, but he is as culpable as anyone for that horrendous performance last night.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I don’t like his arm/accuracy.  He didn’t have much college tape coming out of North Carolina.  And the tape I saw I wasn’t very impressed.  I thought if someone took him in the 1st Rd he was being way overdrafted, and then, suddenly, the Bears mortgaged the farm to move up just 1 pick because obviously they had to have him.  That thing happens way too much with QBs.  I remember when Minnesota grabbed Christian Ponder in the 1st and having seen him play at FL St I immediately thought “I can throw a football farther than him”, then I thought..”lots of people are going to be losing their jobs on the Vikings”.  I’m not saying Trubisky is Ponder, just that even a stacked team will have difficulty winning the biggest games with him.

Huge mistake.  He will NEVER hold a SB trophy much less go on any deep playoff runs, and I’m not basing it just on last nights game.

What a waste of a great player in Khalil Mack.

He is average at best... uses his legs too much and when GB limited him to throw in the pocket you could see that he is not accurate enough to last long in the NFL... Shame, reminds me of a worse version of Dak.

On another note Aaron Rodgers is going to be a problem for GB this year... You can tell, he wants nothing to do with the initial play calls and just wants to play backyard football. Many people blame McCarthy for what went on... Its clear that Rodgers just doesn't like to play real football. He just wants to chuck the ball around.

34 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

This is also a product of a QB with minimal exp. not playing at all in preseason. Sure you risk your season with injury of you play them there, but this QA still needed time with his players during preseason so he wasn't so rusty in game 1. Now you didn't risk your season by putting Mitch out there during preseason, but due to his rust you may risked your season based on the games/schedule. You now lost to a top division team at home, meaning later in the season you have to play them in their house. Next week you are at Denver and we all know that is likely the hardest place to play in the NFL. Could be looking at 0-2 off of a 12-4 season and unlike last year there may not be faultering by the Packers and Vikings. 

Yes, they can win a lot of games because of their defense and playcalling. But Trubisky is not seeing open WRs ... that is a problem that is not likely to be solved.

I mean that interception last night by Trubisky basically summarizes how limited he is at QB and can’t read defenses. DeAngelo Hall was going over how a QB should have been able to diagnose what was going on with the defense and he still just threw it into double coverage. If you can’t have a QB making smart decisions in crucial situations you’re not going to be successful.

Nagy probably thought Trubisky could make the jump and expand the playbook going into their 2nd year together but it’s obvious Trubisky is who he is and will have issues reading defenses and be a limited pocket passer.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Great defense, a few playmakers on offense and a quarterback who you’re trying to drag along towards a championship.  It didn’t end well for the Jets....2 AFC Championship Games and then had to dive back to the bottom and tank for a new QB.  It will be the same thing with the Bears.  They need a new QB.  They might knock on the door again this year, next year....but unless they can defy the odds and win a Trent Dilfer type Super Bowl, I think they will need to blow that thing up again.

It's the 1st game of week 1.

It wasnt like Rodgers and the Packers ran up the score. It was a close game that came down to a couple drives.

10 minutes ago, Welp said:

I mean that interception last night by Trubisky basically summarizes how limited he is at QB and can’t read defenses. DeAngelo Hall was going over how a QB should have been able to diagnose what was going on with the defense and he still just threw it into double coverage. If you can’t have a QB making smart decisions in crucial situations you’re not going to be successful.

Nagy probably thought Trubisky could make the jump and expand the playbook going into their 2nd year together but it’s obvious Trubisky is who he is and will have issues reading defenses and be a limited pocket passer.

triple coverage if you count the single high safety who was already waiting in the corner of the end zone for the corner route to Robinson who had zip point squat chance of catching that ball.

3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Jets never invested in replacing the OL properly. The Jets D was good, not 85 Bear great. Should have had Rex/GM get someone better to focus on O. Competition was real tough back then, the worm has turned, JD will do things correctly, sit tight it will take some time.

Because he was so good with the NFLs top OL, to running game, top RB and top defense.

As much as I dont like Trubisky is a whole lot better QB than Sanchez.

Thats scary 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They had 2 horrible play calls on 3rd and 1s last night. One rhey ran it up the middle with Paterson. I cant recall the other i do remember it being a dumbass call. 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think the offensive coordinator on the bears is trash.  Trubiskys might be too but they aren't doing him any favors with the play call IMO.

And somehow a year ago he threw 2xs the TDs over INTs and had a QB rating of over 95.

Now Trubisky didnt get worse, the HC and OC did.

11 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

They had 2 horrible play calls on 3rd and 1s last night. One rhey ran it up the middle with Paterson. I cant recall the other i do remember it being a dumbass call. 

Pretty much what every team does on 3rd and 1.

They make it and you dont post this.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And somehow a year ago he threw 2xs the TDs over INTs and had a QB rating of over 95.

Now Trubisky didnt get worse, the HC and OC did.

First of all, I explicitly stated that Trubisky might be trash too. You are having trouble with reading comprehension on my posts lately for some reason and I don't think it's because I'm not being clear.

Did you see some of the wacky formations and RPO misdirection BS he was running last night? I thought he was going to get the QB killed a few times. It just looked like hokie doke school yard crap to me. I'm not studying the game film or anything though. It could just be that Trubisky blows and isn't running it right, just looks like there's at least a sprinkling of straight crap plays to me. Maybe he bought Brian Schottenheimers offense for dummies book.

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

First of all, I explicitly stated that Trubisky might be trash too. You are having trouble with reading comprehension on my posts lately for some reason and I don't think it's because I'm not being clear.

Did you see some of the wacky formations and RPO misdirection BS he was running last night? I thought he was going to get the QB killed a few times. It just looked like hokie doke school yard crap to me. I'm not studying the game film or anything though. It could just be that Trubisky blows and isn't running it right, just looks like there's at least a sprinkling of straight crap plays to me. Maybe he bought Brian Schottenheimers offense for dummies book.

You said it was OC now it's reading comprehension?  

Heres help with you're reading comprehension, a free lesson. 

You said the OC for the Bears IS TRASH.

Followed that up with Trubishy MAY BE TRASH.

Go back to school son.