KC Has No Excuses Now

KRL

They know exactly the type of person Hill is:

The #Chiefs and WR Tyreek Hill have agreed to terms on 3-year, $54M contract extension that puts him among the highest paid at his position, sources say. After an up-and-down offseason, KC and Hill make it clear they are sticking together.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Andy Reid is going to go full Andy Reid... go 13-3 during the regular season and lose in the AFC Championship game.

So will he lose to the jets?

While I expect us to be a mediocre team, I'll be interested in Bell's handling of any adversity this year. It's media's job to turn the NFL crazies into batsh*t crazies

I imagine there are some unique and specific clauses in that extension. 

Chiefs: Tyreek Hill’s extension “contingent upon conditions” of his return to team

Posted by Josh Alper on September 6, 2019, 12:21 PM EDT

gettyimages-1171007157-e1567786839499.jp
Getty Images

Wide receiver Tyreek Hill has signed a three-year contract extension with the Chiefs and that development would have come as a surprise earlier this year.

Hill spent the offseason away from the team during an investigation into child abuse allegations against him, but returned in time for training camp after the NFL determined they could not conclude that Hill violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy. The league’s statement also said that Hill “has been and will continue to be subject to conditions set forth by the District Court, Commissioner Goodell, and the Chiefs, which include clinical evaluation and therapeutic intervention.”

In a statement officially announcing the extension, Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach said the extension contains the same conditions for Hill’s future actions.

“We’re pleased we were able to reach an agreement with Tyreek to keep him in a Chiefs uniform for the foreseeable future,” Veach said. “He understands our expectations of him as a member of this team and community. This extension is contingent upon the conditions Tyreek agreed to adhere to upon his return to the team in July. Tyreek is an elite player in this league and has played a major role in our team’s success, and we’re pleased that he’ll continue to make an impact for us.”

Hill and the Chiefs will kick off the season against the Jaguars on Sunday.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, joewilly said:

So will he lose to the jets?

While I expect us to be a mediocre team, I'll be interested in Bell's handling of any adversity this year. It's media's job to turn the NFL crazies into batsh*t crazies

Don't know who he will lose to... just look at Andy Reid's history, he is great in regular season... has only got to the Superbowl once and lost... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid

Historically known to lose in the in the Championship games but sometimes doesn't even make it that far.

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hahaha.... look at Philly and how many times he lost in the Championship game... he is the king of the regular season.... His history is undeniable.

Wasn't saying I excused him for ALL the playoff losses.  Just the ones to the Patriots.  

Lot's of guys have trouble winning a Super Bowl.  It's very hard to do.  Is Dan Marino not a top 10 all-time QB because he failed to get a ring?  In the same way, Reid is still an elite HC, and someone you certainly want to pair a young QB with.  Don't be surprised if he wins a title with the Chiefs in the near future.  Especially if the cheating Patriots aren't standing in their way.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Don't know who he will lose to... just look at Andy Reid's history, he is great in regular season... has only got to the Superbowl once and lost... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid

Historically known to lose in the in the Championship games but sometimes doesn't even make it that far.

You're not presenting new information.  We all knew his history.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wasn't saying I excused him for ALL the playoff losses.  Just the ones to the Patriots.  

Lot's of guys have trouble winning a Super Bowl.  It's very hard to do.  Is Dan Marino not a top 10 all-time QB because he failed to get a ring?  In the same way, Reid is still an elite HC, and someone you certainly want to pair a young QB with.  Don't be surprised if he wins a title with the Chiefs in the near future.  Especially if the cheating Patriots aren't standing in their way.  

Andy Reid is a great HC that will never win a Superbowl. 

4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Do you think Maholmes is going to be better than McNabb??

Yes, Much better... Does not stop me from believing that there is a coaching issue that he can't win the big game, let alone get to it. Maybe he proves me wrong... but when he loses again in the Playoffs, you might have to start thinking that it may not be the players he has. KC had that game won last year... until they didn't. Don't jump offsides... 

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Andy Reid is a great HC that will never win a Superbowl. 

Willing to make a bet to charity on that, Voice of Reason?

He and Mahomes are going to be paired together for as long as Andy's health lasts.  That's a dangerous combo.  Especially when Belichick and Brady are gone.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes, Much better... Does not stop me from believing that there is a coaching issue that he can't win the big game, let alone get to it. Maybe he proves me wrong... but when he loses again in the Playoffs, you might have to start thinking that it may not be the players he has. KC had that game won last year... until they didn't. Don't jump offsides... 

Me too PM>DM. I think that he will be the difference, provided the D, and ST play well enough. Obviously want the Jets, but I think they need some time to get it together.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Willing to make a bet to charity on that, Voice of Reason?

If I didn't have kids and had spare money to wager.... absolutely... but I don't need to bet to know that there are key traits...

There tends to be winners and losers, and in the end Andy Reid is a loser... Dan Marino is a Loser ... Marino is in the HOF as the one of the greatest ever, still couldn't win it. Jim Kelly and levy are losers.... Reid will be similar... I could see him some day, (depending on how much more he stays in the league, as a HOF coach)... still without a superbowl... 

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

If I didn't have kids and had spare money to wager.... absolutely... but I don't need to bet to know that there are key traits...

There tends to be winners and losers, and in the end Andy Reid is a loser... Dan Marino is a Loser ... Marino is in the HOF as the one of the greatest ever, still couldn't win it. Jim Kelly and levy are losers.... Reid will be similar... I could see him some day, (depending on how much more he stays in the league, as a HOF coach)... still without a superbowl... 

I do believe there is some truth to this......

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You'd have years to get your money in line for a simple $50 bet, since we're betting on Reid's career.  

Or maybe you just don't believe what you're saying, Mr. Voice of Reason.  

John Elway and Peyton Manning were losers and playoff chokers too.  Until they weren't.  All it takes is one title to flip the script.

Dan Marino was NOT a loser.  He was paired with a loser organization.  Big difference.  And he still dragged that loser franchise to a Super Bowl appearance.  He was probably a little selfish, wanting to throw too much and set records.  But a loser he was not.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So then every Jets player and coach from 1970-2019 is a loser. Chrebet. Loser. Klecko, big loser. C-Mart, another loser.

It’s a team sport. This argument is simplistic (being diplomatic here).

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The thing is the overwhelming amount of time they lost a playoff game can be pinned to something overtly stupid that Reid did. I remember looking that up some time ago when people were slobbering over his fatness. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The thing is the overwhelming amount of time they lost a playoff game can be pinned to something overtly stupid that Reid did. I remember looking that up some time ago when people were slobbering over his fatness. 

For sure, I'm not saying he doesn't have flaws.  But making deep playoff runs throughout his career is nothing to sneeze at.  All games come down to a few key plays and Reid has certainly been out-coached at some crucial times, or made a dumb decision that helped lose the game.  But at least he puts his teams in positions to make deep playoff runs and play in close conference championship games, + 1 super bowl appearance that came down to a one possession game against the cheating Patriots who were likely in the heyday of their cheating ways.   

That doesn't make him a "loser" though.  I can absolutely see him winning a Super Bowl with KC and a lot of that narrative would go away.  

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

So then every Jets player and coach from 1970-2019 is a loser. Chrebet. Loser. Klecko, big loser. C-Mart, another loser.

It’s a team sport. This argument is simplistic (being diplomatic here).

Coach and QB have an effect over the game throughout the year... supplemental skill players like WRs and RBs do not. I am not saying that a great WR or RB doesn't make a team better for clarification... I am saying that the 2 people that need to be winners are your QBs and Coaches... They just have to have it... 

• Sympathy 1