So what's this about, Big News or Fake News?

IndianaJet

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Halftime Show starts with frisbee chasing dogs. Ends with dwarf tossing. Special appearance by former Buffalo Bill, Doug Flutie.

Here’s the spoiler: Doug goes 14ft. when thrown by our own Nick Mangold.

All good,  If they break out the flying lawn mowers, head for the exits.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pac said:

My source just told me it has to do with our brand new anthem...  first one in 5 years.

This is the playbook every time the Jets emerge from the dark ages and are expected to be good again.

The NY papers call us dysfunctional, internet clickbaiters make anthem videos, bloggers make biplane tail banners, and Firefraud queues up the gravy train.

They think we're gullible.  They think we're stupid.  They need to know that if they didn't stand by the team during the tough times they aren't welcome here during the good times.

Especially Firefraud.  This better not be about him. 

SAR I

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Probably something incredibly underwhelming like Fireman Ed coming to the game.  They said they were "announcing" what it is at 8am Sunday.  They also said it's not a trade or FA acquisition.

These guys always disappoint when they do stuff like this. 

That's exactly what it is.  The song they chose to play all but confirms it. They are fans and fans get excited for stuff like that. I wouldn't mind it. It's my 11 yr old son's first home opener. I could stand for him to experience the Jets chant done the right way. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Halftime Show starts with frisbee chasing dogs. Ends with dwarf tossing. Special appearance by former Buffalo Bill, Doug Flutie.

Here’s the spoiler: Doug goes 14ft. when thrown by our own Nick Mangold.

Flying lawnmowers would be cool. 

Or hand out thousands of record albums. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s probably something to get the fans screaming their *sses off. Chris Johnson is trying to make this team relevant and fun to watch. Spent big in free agency, spent big on a GM, new uniforms (good or bad) and now he is trying to get the 12th man going. I’m predicting half price beers, and a free noise maker of some sort. Maybe something like towels. Cant do towels though since that’s a Steelers thing. But something that fans can just spin to get into the game.

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's exactly what it is.  The song they chose to play all but confirms it. They are fans and fans get excited for stuff like that. I wouldn't mind it. It's my 11 yr old son's first home opener. I could stand for him to experience the Jets chant done the right way. 

If you’ve been to a game in the last 10 years you know that less than 500 people do the chant these days and the weirdo with the license plate necklace actually get more of a crowd reaction than Firefraud The Turncoat. 

Fans are done with him and done with the childish chant as a result.  He permanently tainted it.  New branding, new uniforms, time for a new mascot-  a stuffed animal that won’t embarrass the team whenever it serves his selfish agenda.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you’ve been to a game in the last 10 years you know that less than 500 people do the chant these days and the weirdo with the license plate necklace actually get more of a crowd reaction than Firefraud The Turncoat. 

Fans are done with him and done with the childish chant as a result.  He permanently tainted it.  New branding, new uniforms, time for a new mascot-  a stuffed animal that won’t embarrass the team whenever it serves his selfish agenda.

SAR I

Lol except it's much louder with Ed and people love him. Stop projecting.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Lol except it's much louder with Ed and people love him. Stop projecting.

He’s in for another rude awakening if he shows up on Sunday.

My section is still laughing over his World’s Largest Jets Chant that was promoted like crazy and no one showed up and he’s flapping his arms like an angry pidgeon.  The laughter was louder than the chant. 

Ed embarrassed the franchise by walking out on us. No one forgets. 

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1