So what's this about, Big News or Fake News?

IndianaJet

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you’ve been to a game in the last 10 years you know that less than 500 people do the chant these days and the weirdo with the license plate necklace actually get more of a crowd reaction than Firefraud The Turncoat. 

Fans are done with him and done with the childish chant as a result.  He permanently tainted it.  New branding, new uniforms, time for a new mascot-  a stuffed animal that won’t embarrass the team whenever it serves his selfish agenda.

SAR I

LOL !!! 

Sounds like someone might have some feelings associated with all of this.   I can hear the Jets chant from the TV. Sounds like a few more than 500 people my melodramatic friend.  And how can the bead wearing idiots get more of a crowd reaction if only 500 people do the chant. Embarrass the team with a selfish agenda??? Do you ever even listen to yourself? 

And I could care less how you feel about it. I want my son to hear and be involved with the Jets chant if at all possible. You wouldn't understand. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

He’s in for another rude awakening if he shows up on Sunday.

My section is still laughing over his World’s Largest Jets Chant that was promoted like crazy and no one showed up and he’s flapping his arms like an angry pidgeon.  The laughter was louder than the chant. 

Ed embarrassed the franchise by walking out on us. No one forgets. 

SAR I

Lol, maybe to you and your section, but 99% of people have no idea what you’re talking about or have forgotten 

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Probably something incredibly underwhelming like Fireman Ed coming to the game.  They said they were "announcing" what it is at 8am Sunday.  They also said it's not a trade or FA acquisition.

These guys always disappoint when they do stuff like this. 

I think it may be retiring cherbets number

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Lol, maybe to you and your section, but 99% of people have no idea what you’re talking about or have forgotten 

The 55,000 PSL seats in MetLife are owned by a tiny and dedicated fraction of the fanbase, about 18,000 fans in a metropolis of 20 Million people.

We're the people who have been paying attention.  We remember how Ed vanishes when the Jets go bad, shows up every time the Jets go good, acts like he's "a man of the people" while pimping his app and getting special treatment, and the biggest sin of all-  acting like a mascot for the kids and then throwing a hissy fit at our lowest point (Buttfumble Thanksgiving night) and walking out on the team.  Even Mr. Met didn't pull that stunt.  Can you imagine the San Diego Chicken giving the finger to the Padres and storming up the steps to write a resignation letter?  That's what Ed did.

Every time he makes a stupid "comeback" to the team we get more and more angry.  Because we're the fans who stick with the team through the tough times and here's this guy who cut-and-run's the moment things go south.  He's a fake fan, he's a tainted mascot, and he needs to go away.

The fact that we're going to win the Super Bowl in the next decade and I'm going to be forced to see shots of him dancing in the confetti makes me physically ill.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

SAR trolling about Ed. Yay. Fresh new topics!

Since I'm the only one who goes after Ed and I haven't gone after him since the last time he miraculously materialized (Jets are 10-5, playoffs, yes!) and then disappeared in 2016 (Fitz sucks!), yeah, it's fresh and new subject matter.

But, please, don't let me interrupt the 28th thread on Greg Dortch sorrows.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I would bet money their announcement is about Ed.

It's good though. The stadium will be louder with him. It's going to be fun.

My nanny could get MetLife up and cheering tomorrow with all the expectations and excitement about the New New York Jets.

It's when we're 4-7 in 2016 and there is no chant at all.  Hmm.  Wonder why.  Oh, that's right.  Because Firefaud isn't there.  Yes, he's "threatened in the bathrooms" when we suck but miraculously isn't under attack when we look like we're about to go on a run of success with a franchise quarterback and an A-Team of a coaching staff.

It actually makes perfect sense that the Jets mascot is a blue collar worker who only spends money to attend games when the Jets are good.  Fairweather Ed and the Fairweather Upper Deckers.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You are wrong. Watch tomorrow, the stadium will be loud and then they show Ed, it gets louder. It is okay, you don't have to like him. But it really isn't debatable that the stadium is louder when he does the chant.

I agree with this.  I've never really liked Ed.  I've always thought he was the guy who tried to push himself into the spotlight and "take credit", etc.  But I do think he does do a good job of revving up the crowd with the Jets chant.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Drums said:

Announcement at 5 pm according to his twitter.  How big could this be if this dude is the one announcing it? I heard him on Jets Talk Radio. Seems like a poor attempt at getting some Twitter followers. 

Agree, this is some kind of dumb promo.

People are pretty dumb also, it seemed to work. He got 3 pages of exposure for free on a heavily read Jets forum to promote his rag. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since I'm the only one who goes after Ed and I haven't gone after him since the last time he miraculously materialized (Jets are 10-5, playoffs, yes!) and then disappeared in 2016 (Fitz sucks!), yeah, it's fresh and new subject matter.

But, please, don't let me interrupt the 28th thread on Greg Dortch sorrows.

SAR I

Redundancy at the group level is expected.

I think at the individual level it is both more controllable and more deserving of ridicule. So, don't be a baby about it.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

You are wrong. Watch tomorrow, the stadium will be loud and then they show Ed, it gets louder. It is okay, you don't have to like him. But it really isn't debatable that the stadium is louder when he does the chant.

Should not need anyone to motivate a crowd.

• Upvote 1