just opted in for playoff tickets!

batman10023

I mean, there’s no way they asked to be paid for playoff tickets before the season even starts is there?

The team went 4-12 last year, and they expect people to pay 4 months out for HOME playoff games? I laughed the other day when people were talking about how much they were paying for parking passes, but this takes the cake, lol.

EDIT. Apparently this IS true, and PT Barnum was correct.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I mean, there’s no way they asked to be paid for playoff tickets before the season even starts is there?

The team went 4-12 last year, and they expect people to pay 4 months out for HOME playoff games? I laughed the other day when people were talking about how much they were paying for parking passes, but this takes the cake, lol.

interest rates are almost zero, time value doesn't matter!  (plus they only charge you if they make the playoffs and get the game!)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

interest rates are almost zero, time value doesn't matter!  (plus they only charge you if they make the playoffs and get the game!)

Lol, I’m teasing.

I had tix for over 20 years. If I still did, I would’ve done the same thing. In for a penny, in for a dollar...

• Haha 1

In 2002, the Jets decision on buying playoff tickets happened in November, the Jets at that time were 4-5 and Testaverde was replaced with this kid Pennington. 

I spent the money.  The 20 guys around me in my section didn't.  So when the Jets hosted the only playoff game we've hosted in the last 20 years I was there sitting in my seat surrounded by a bunch of strangers.

The moral of the story?  Spend the money.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

In 2002, the Jets decision on buying playoff tickets happened in November, the Jets at that time were 4-5 and Testaverde was replaced with this kid Pennington. 

I spent the money.  The 20 guys around me in my section didn't.  So when the Jets hosted the only playoff game we've hosted in the last 20 years I was there sitting in my seat surrounded by a bunch of strangers.

The moral of the story?  Spend the money.

SAR I

I remember sending my money in and saying to myself “why did I do this” after the loss to the Bears.  At the end I looked like a genius but like you it was mostly strangers around me.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

No. This is an NFL thing. You have until 9/15 as a season ticket holder to agree to be charged IF the Jets make the playoffs. By opting in now you agree to be charged at the same price as regular season tickets.

This is a good thing, one of the benefits of having season tickets. Hopefully things like this (home playoff games) become a thing.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's not like that. They put your card on file, and will only charge you if we get a wild car game at home. The benefit is that you will get an average price of all 8 games this year for the playoff game versus whatever the price would be. Since the Jets went to "rating" the value of each home game, this might actually be a decent deal. I opted in this AM.

• Upvote 1