Poll: Will Antonio Brown get signed by another NFL team this season?

Poll: Will Antonio Brown get signed by another NFL team this season?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Will Antonio Brown get signed by another NFL team this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2019 at 09:09 PM

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have a theory, could be wrong, that the owners don't like these loud, entitled, overpaid superstars biting the hand that feeds them and finding brand-damaging loopholes to bail out of their contracts and orchestrate a comfortable reentry on a team and at a price that they prefer.  Le'Veon, Luck, AB, who's next?  Mayfield and Saquon look likely.  Nothing stopping Le'Veon from pulling a Steelers on the Jets next year.

There's no such thing as a contract, trade, or a valid free agent if 10, 20, 30 players try this stunt every season.

So I theorize that phone calls have been made, the 32 owners are in silent agreement, and not a single NFL team will sign AB, ever.  He's the Kaep of the "control issue" the league now faces and will be blackballed from here-in to send a very loud signal to every NFL player.

That be my theory.

SAR I

LOL at comparing Luck or Bell to this lunatic.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have a theory, could be wrong, that the owners don't like these loud, entitled, overpaid superstars biting the hand that feeds them and finding brand-damaging loopholes to bail out of their contracts and orchestrate a comfortable reentry on a team and at a price that they prefer.  Le'Veon, Luck, AB, who's next?  Mayfield and Saquon look likely.  Nothing stopping Le'Veon from pulling a Steelers on the Jets next year.

There's no such thing as a contract, trade, or a valid free agent if 10, 20, 30 players try this stunt every season.

So I theorize that phone calls have been made, the 32 owners are in silent agreement, and not a single NFL team will sign AB, ever.  He's the Kaep of the "control issue" the league now faces and will be blackballed from here-in to send a very loud signal to every NFL player.

That be my theory.

SAR I

There is no justice in the world if AB is resigned but Kaep is blackballed. Let’s call it what it is: AB wasn’t cut, he was fired. Pretty rare in NFL.

One argument against signing: 

Brown also posted a video on YouTube on Friday night that includes audio of a phone conversation with Gruden from an unspecified date. Gruden asks Brown whether he wants to be a Raider. Brown said he does and the question is if the Raiders want him. Gruden then urges Brown to stop all the theatrics and “just play football. How hard is that? You’re a great football player. Just play football.”

The video ends with Brown saying, “I’m more than just a football player, man. I’m a real person. It ain’t about the football. I know I can do that. I show you guys that on the daily. This is my life. Ain’t no more games.”

I wouldn't heap the insults on him that others do, but I can see how self-absorbed he appears. I doubt he'd want to sign with the Jets anyway, he's way bigger than this team...

6 minutes ago, phill1c said:

One argument against signing: 

Brown also posted a video on YouTube on Friday night that includes audio of a phone conversation with Gruden from an unspecified date. Gruden asks Brown whether he wants to be a Raider. Brown said he does and the question is if the Raiders want him. Gruden then urges Brown to stop all the theatrics and “just play football. How hard is that? You’re a great football player. Just play football.”

The video ends with Brown saying, “I’m more than just a football player, man. I’m a real person. It ain’t about the football. I know I can do that. I show you guys that on the daily. This is my life. Ain’t no more games.”

I wouldn't heap the insults on him that others do, but I can see how self-absorbed he appears. I doubt he'd want to sign with the Jets anyway, he's way bigger than this team...

He shot his way out of Oakland to go to a contender. That ain’t us.

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That be my theory.

SAR I

You are not going out on a limb.