AbstraKt

Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In my completely biased and jaded opinion, this seems like all this crap with Brown and his stint was the Raiders was his calculated way to get himself to the team he wanted.

Ya think?

SAR I

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

If the Jets ever win anything they will have to beat great teams 

a lot of silly nonsense in this thread 

here maybe this will cheer ya up 

The way that LeVeon Bell made his way to the Jets isn’t much different than how AB made it to the Pats.  We can’t complain.

Let’s go beat them on the field. It’s not that hard.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

54 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm I have said it before it is TOTALLY different.

In Bells case, he abided by the rules, decided to sit out a year, lost a years salary and then signed with a new team, Period.

That is totally at odds with AB feigning in effect a mental illness to cause so much disruption that his team, first the Steelers and then the Raiders; were forced to release him because he was essentially an unmanageable lunatic. 

These are two totally different scenarios.

Again in the first the player abided by the rules that were designed in collective bargaining, while the latter player used skulduggery and dishonesty to basically void his contract and his obligations to the team.....

I agree, CB.  But what they both have in common is that they wanted out of Pittsburgh and onto a team with a franchise quarterback and they both found their way there through manipulating GM's and free agent loopholes.

Whether or not this benefits the Jets doesn't matter to me so much as the integrity of the game.  Jamal Adams could literally follow the AB script next year and wind up a Patriot too.  All it takes is a couple of tweets and a few phony arguments with your boss and you've got a ticket out of town.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company