AbstraKt

Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

Just now, Hael said:

One wonders if he set this up the entire time to get off the team.

Wouldn't you with Gruden-Mayock-Davis in Oakland 

• Thumb Down 1

No worries who needs Antonio Brown we have these guys. 

Wide Receiver   (5) 
    81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska   (WR)    
    11 - Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple (WR)  
    82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR) (Free Agent Signing) 
    15 - Josh Bellamy 6'0" 208 Louisville (WR) (Free Agent Signing)  
    10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (Waiver Claim from Patriots) (WR) 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Josh Gordon-Juliann Edelmann-Antonio Brown 

Trumaine Johnson and who else covers them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Well they haven’t exactly successfully handled Gordon. Belichick doesn’t  overpay skill position players just ask Randy Moss. This could come back to bite them. They are a team that depends on teamwork and cooperation. I don’t know if you can get that with this guy. You obviously have to tread lightly with him. Is it something BB is willing to do. 

We will soon see how great of an organization they are. 

Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon BB welcomes the opportunity. 

Just now, Mike135 said:

If Gordon n AB stay on the field, could best WR corps ever.

Gordon, AB, n Edelman...  fml.

Thats why I wanted the NY Jets to acquire him to STOP this and to WIN. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

As long as the Jets don't want him.  We need choir boys and win 6 games - as the Pats keep winning superbowls.

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

why dont you just root for the pats already?

NEVER 

We haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969 haven't been in one since 1969 so when players like AB are available id like the NY Jets to acquire them, especially when it stops NE from acquiring them. 

Do you have a clue how this football thing works. 

We are weak at WR. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So you would sell your soul, possibly ruin your team and your QB because you give more of a shlt what the Pats do?

Who were winning the division anyway.

Makes sense

Yes to STOP NE from signing him making them better and he could have helped us WIN GAMES thats what it's all about. 

Wide Receiver   (5) 

• Upvote 3

I look at it this way, the Pats were winning the division etc again this year.

Now at least theres a chance theyve outsmarted themselves and AB blows up again and ruins another team

Image result for NO WAY GIFS

Just now, jgb said:

Now they have an elite QB and 2 elite WRs under below-market contracts. What next, they trade a 6th rounder for Melvin Gordon?

Probably 

Just now, Mogglez said:

You realize he also has to pick a rebuilding Jets team over a Super Bowl winning (defending actually) and contender right?

He may have wanted to reunite with Bell who knows, did we even try to acquire him or are we good at WR. 

Wide Receiver   (5) 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Thats nice.

Wrong as can be though

You realize you just said youre willing to rish Darnolds growth, the season etc for the Pats.

Brilliant.

As I said, he went from a nutjob wholl ruing the Raiders to "we need him to help win games" 

Predictable.  

Sam Darnold is a big boy.  WR's with the talent AB has helps develop a QB making them a better. 

Head case who knows under different HC and GM 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Why the f*ck would he care about playing with Bell over winning a Super Bowl?

Tf is this, 3rd grade where you just wanna play with your friends?

Do you know what AB wants and thinks now?  WOW you are good. I SAID HE MAY HAVE WANTED REUNITE WITH AB 

Money is an issue to him the NFL is a business. 

• Confused 1

Head case under every coach hes played under.

Head case with a coach who babied him

Head case with a coach and FO who didnt

You think he would help on a young team.  

Good for him

So you know how Gase and JD would have handled him. 

This isn't 100% on AB really dude with ngruden-Mayock-Davis running the circus in Oakland. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Any Jet fan who cares about this news is a little too preoccupied with NE. This story doesn't affect our situation in the short term, because the Jets were not winning the division this year anyway. So I just don't really care.

Problem is anytime NE strengthens its roster and you have a chance to intercept the player they sign you have to make an effort. 

They signed AB we signed Berrios 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

I'd be willing to bet a years salary that if you asked AB, face to face, "AB you wanna win a Super Bowl with the greatest QB to ever live, or play with your friend that haven't spoken to in over a year".  He'd ask you "What the f*ck is a Le'Veon Bell?"

Yes, because giving Antonio Brown loads of money has worked out soooooooooooooooooooo well in the past.

Agree but if the NY Jets offered him a more lucrative contract who knows. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You just dont get it

This is absolutely, 100% on AB. The only people making these ridiculous claims that its Gruden-Mayock-Davis fault are excuse makers trying to make AB sound better than the assclown is.

Gruden is a whack job!!!!!!!  Mayock LOL is Manish the next GM and Mike Davis I doubt they handled anything involving AB well 

Gruden thinks he's funny all the time come on AB my grinder dude is so unprofessional 

Yeah, over pay to get someone who doesnt want to be here,

You are shrewd

Did he tell you he didn't want to be here? 

Do you have a link? 

Just now, Savage69 said:

Do you honestly think AB would have preferred the Jets over the Pats??

Unknown probably not but $$$$$ talks with AB. 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

I'm fine... but I think you might be a little slow

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Not me dude....you said you are suicide watch I asked if you were ok, thats the thanks I get. 

• Upvote 1

I asked for examples for all three and i got crickets.  Youre just throwimg shlt out there without a hint to why to help make you case for AB, who you stick up for.

You spin around more than my kids top

Whatever dude spin it Spin Dr.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

NO, wasnt an issue

We dont want him here.

And you said pay him a ton of money to make him come here, YOU not me

We? 

I think MOST Jets fans want to win. 

We crowd is cool but they must like losing. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Spin Dr?

LOL, kettle meet.....

Spin Dr thats you always spinning sh*t and always  looking for a damn argument. 

It's cool it's who you are.

• Upvote 1

And most fans are sane, not wanting to sign this idiot to the team.

Opinions is the bottom line. 

In the end its all about the W 

The NFL is measured on wins and losses and who is hoisting the Lombardi at the end of the season 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Says the little sensitive one who thinks anyone who disagrees with his posts is "spinning shlt and looking for a damn argument.

You dont have the ability to distinguish different opinions from arguments.  So walk away and we wont disagree.  

Im far from sensitive dude i'm abrasive as it gets I can dish it out and take it. 

I hate dealing with stupid people. 

You argue with everyone. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No matter what you type you have no idea what you're talking about

Youre the sensitive one who puts people on ignore all the time because youre pissed that they dont agree with you.  Then take it off.  Because you can dish it out

You take a simple post where I dont, AS DO MOST, with signing AB and you say I'm arguing.  But you can take it.  

Im done, move on, youve turned a difference in opinion into an argument and I swore I'm not doing this anymore, bye

Blah blah blah 

Ive been done. 

Goodbye 

• Upvote 1

Bye doesnt mean write back and repeat what I said tough guy, LOL

Blah blah blah clueless guy. 

Go outside get some fresh air pump your chest to the sky and say i'm glad we didn't get AB. 

• Upvote 1

Patriots deserve hell for shameful Antonio Brown scheme

September 7, 2019 | 6:33pm | Updated 

After the Raiders finally released the Diva Formerly Known as Antonio Brown on Saturday, the talented-but-troubled receiver shockingly became available to sign with any NFL team as a free agent at exactly 4:01 p.m. Saturday.

Presumably, at 4:02 p.m., the NFL’s reigning reclamation project experts, the Patriots, called.

Brown and the Patriots agreed to a one-year contract worth up to $15 million, according to ESPN, just hours after the Raiders shockingly released the 31-year-old superstar wide receiver.

Brown — who won’t be permitted to play in the Pats’ Week 1 matchup against his former team, the Steelers — confirmed the signing, which includes a $ 9 million signing bonus, by sharing a Photoshop illustration of him in a Patriots jersey.

“LFG (expletive) #GodsPlan,” the tweet read.

Shame on the Patriots. They should get what they deserve with Brown, which at the very least is a collective season-long migraine headache, but at the worst a team torn apart by the nonsensical distractions Browns brings with him.

Raiders head coach Jon Gruden and his team, whose offseason and training camp were marred by one incident after another involving Brown (each more unbelievable and ridiculous than the other), should hope they parted ways in time to save their 2019 season.

Enlarge Image Antonio Brown; Tom Brady and Bill BelichickAP (2)

Brown — for all his greatness on the field, for his 837 career receptions for more than 11,000 yards and for the 74 touchdowns he’s produced in nine NFL seasons — is not worth the trouble.

Not even for Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Patriots. The world of sports is full of enablers. Count the Patriots as the kings of the enablers today.
Enough already.

Haven’t teams seen enough of Brown’s act, which has included accidentally freezing his feet in an offseason cryotherapy session, threatening to retire because he wanted to wear his old helmet that was outlawed by the league for lack of safety, missing practices and meetings, inciting a verbal altercation in the middle of practice with his new general manager, then the clincher, that bizarre video he put out Friday exposing private telephone conversations with Gruden?

The NFL should be finished with Brown. The only endgame justice to this Brown story is that this all blows up on the Patriots.

“We just have exhausted everything,’’ Gruden, who went out of his way to make it work, said Saturday. “We tried every way possible to make it work. I’m sorry it didn’t. I apologize, but I will tell you that I am very proud of what we did as an organization to try.’’

Gruden, who called Brown “the most misunderstood” person he’s met, said, “I tell you, he’s a good guy. He’s misunderstood by a lot of people. He’s a good guy. He’s a great player and I hope he gets what he’s looking for.”

image.gif.1ca3ecea78072760bb8d0c366b95fdef.gif

Sorry, he doesn’t deserve it. Brown, who signed a contract with Oakland that gave him $30 million in guaranteed money and was to pay him $20 million per year, never played a game for the Raiders and threw that all away.

Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, as soon as the news of Brown’s release broke, issued a statement that read: “Now that Antonio is a free agent, we are focused on the future and I will immediately work on signing him to a new team. Antonio is looking forward to a new beginning.”

There should have been no new beginning in the NFL for Brown — especially after how hard Gruden tried to make it work, playing good cop in the saga while GM Mike Mayock played the bad cop.

On that bizarre YouTube video Brown released Friday, you could hear Gruden pleading with Brown to stop the off-the-field nonsense and “just play football.”

“I’m more than just a football player, man,” Brown answered. “I’m a real person. It ain’t about the football, I know I can do that. This is my life. Ain’t no more games.”

That’s actually the first thing out of Brown’s mouth that made any sense. There should, indeed, have been no more games — off or on the field — for him.

Shame on the Patriots.

image.gif

• Upvote 3

Do the Patriots Have the Best Group of Wide Receivers Ever Assembled?

julian-edelman.vresize.1200.675.high.12

New England Patriots v Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings Vs New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.10.00 PM

Julian Edelman: Two seasons of 98+ receptions and 1,000 yards. Soon to overtake Jerry Rice as the most prolific postseason receiver in history. MVP of the Super Bowl.

Demaryius Thomas: Four straight seasons with 1,300+ yards, five with 1,000+. The most recent coming with Trevor Siemian as his quarterback. Super Bowl champion.

Josh Gordon: Had 1,600 yards with Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden and Brian Hoyer throwing the ball. And incredible 17.4 YPR for his career, the most by an active player.

Antonio Brown: Has led the NFL in receiving yards twice. Has six straight seasons of over 1,200 yards. Has averaged 1,524 yards over his last six seasons.

Mother of God. You’d win your Fantasy league going away with a group like this. In the span of a few weeks the Patriots receiver corps went from rolling paper thin to the superheroes coming through the wormholes in “Avengers Endgame.”

Imagine you’re a defensive coordinator. How do you defend against this? Especially with all four of these guys now playing with the best quarterback anyone has ever seen? Even if you double two of them – no matter which two – the other two are undefendable in single coverage. And if you go with extra defensive backs – which you’ll have to, you’re left with no choice – this is an offense that’s been transitioning toward a power running game. Going big while defenses are going small.

My greatest concern at this point aren’t that two of these guys have serious issues. It’s that I’m afraid the NFL is going to decide this is unfair and declare it’s illegal. Ginger Satan is probably calling an emergency session in his office right now to break the Patriots up under the Anti-Trust Act. At the very least, he ought to mobilize as many grief counselors as he can and send them to every defensive player, coordinator and assistant in 31 markets.

For those poor, suffering SOBs who don’t know what just hit them, here’s a glimpse into your future.

Patriots parade

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company