Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

AbstraKt

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I think calling a team a failure that set records everywhere because some guy had to make the most improbable and absurd catch in SB history to barely beat them, is absurd. Yes. Tyree drops that pass and suddenly that Pats team is so much different?

Now find the quote where I called the Pats a failure.  Anywhere.

It was simple.  I said for all the crying that Pats would be unstoppable in winning SBs with Moss they didnt win one.

How this simple comment, which is 1005 true has become a lengthy debate is beyond reason.  Or absurd.  

And I dont give a damn what could have happened if Tyree droped the ball.

He didnt.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now find the quote where I called the Pats a failure.  Anywhere.

It was simple.  I said for all the crying that Pats would be unstoppable in winning SBs with Moss they didnt win one.

How this simple comment, which is 1005 true has become a lengthy debate is beyond reason.  Or absurd.  

And I dont give a damn what could have happened if Tyree droped the ball.

He didnt.

Not doing a research project or sifting your posts to build a case. Just talking. If you don’t think they were a failure great then we agree. Not a failure.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

For their next innovation the Patriots find a way to play with a full OLine, Brady, Edelman, Gordon, Brown, Michelle, James, Gronkowski in a new offensive scheme that the NFL, including the officials, can't figure out.

Beat me to it, LOL.

3 WRs, a TE, 2 RBs, 5 OL, QB

Anyone else?  

Oh and one football

This might be a case where Belish*ts megalomania comes back to bite him as it did with Haynesworth and to a lesser extent Ocho Cinco.

I don't think Brown is smart enough to play crazy that well.  He is a legit loon - likely a chemically enhanced loon.

He's in for a shock when he sees that no one is going to kiss his ass or give him special treatment.  If he thinks he's a villain now wait till he hears what people say about him the next couple months.

I think he'll implode by Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not doing a research project or sifting your posts to build a case. Just talking. If you don’t think they were a failure great then we agree. Not a failure.

Well then believe me, I'm not a moron calling 18-1 a failure.

I said they didnt win and its still a fact anyway we want to classify the season.  I never said failure

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What is the case for tampering?

My case is that I’m a grown adult with a functioning brain ..if there’s a person on the planet who doesn’t think the Pats were behind this the whole time then that person should be off helping OJ look for the real killers .

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

NEVER 
We haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969 haven't been in one since 1969 so when players like AB are available id like the NY Jets to acquire them, especially when it stops NE from acquiring them. 
Do you have a clue how this football thing works. 
We are weak at WR. 
I wouldn't say we are weak at WR, we're middle of the pack.

Robbie is a legit deep threat, Enunwa is a very good #2 that is tough as hell and can go over the middle, health is definitely an issue though. Crowder is a very good slot receiver too. Add in Bell who is probably the best receiving back in the league, plus Montgomery and Powell are very good pass catchers too. Herndon has lots of potential, sucks we'll miss him the first 4 games due to the suspension.

AB would of put us into the top 5 or so WR corps if we were able to bring him in, but I don't think there was much Douglas and co could of done. Face it, when you have an opportunity to catch passes for the defending SB champs with the GOAT QB, you're not turning that opportunity down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I would have, without a doubt, stopped watching football.

Probably me too, but you can’t compare the Pats losing that game to what it would have been like if the Jets did.

Brady and Beli had already won 3 Superbowls before that loss. Also, in New England’s case, the pain of that loss has been diminished somewhat by the fact that they have won 3 more Superbowls since that loss. Meanwhile, we haven’t won one in 50 years. 

The main thing that loss accomplished was to prevent 19-0 (and the media undoubtedly slurping that team as the greatest single season team in pro sports history for all of eternity)

But, from the Pats perspective, it probably feels more like a blip on the radar in two decades of constant winning. 

• Upvote 1

Video camera cheating.

Deflated ball cheating.

Circumvention of salary cap with below market deals for Brady.

Circumvention of collusion rules with player/team sabotage for Brown.

Patriot way.

At this point, as a proud America that tries to always do the right thing... I kind of feel like them being called "Patriots" is as culturally insensitive to me as the "Redskins" name.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

This might be a case where Belish*ts megalomania comes back to bite him as it did with Haynesworth and to a lesser extent Ocho Cinco.

Both of those guys were cheap signings, and the Pats moved on when it was clear they weren't working out.  Dozens of FA signings each season for various teams don't work out.  No big deal.  Unlike missing on a first round pick or a mega trade, the only opportunity cost for FA signings is cap space.

• Upvote 1

I know it’s never acceptable to wish injury on somebody or like disastrous fatalities or events... but how about a minor to major outbreak of the smallpox virus thus disqualifying the team from play for a year???

Asking for a friend. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

NFL is a joke and the league is going down. Anyone who enjoys this is delusional!!

I don’t think anyone enjoys it. 

I just don’t care. As I said before, I’ve been numb to the Patriots winning ever since Brady won his 5th ring.

Brady is already pretty much universally regarded as the greatest QB to ever live, Belichick the greatest coach, and the Pats the greatest dynasty. So if they win a 7th championship...what exactly changes? It means nothing to me anymore.

The Pats know that Brady is in the twilight of his career and are doing whatever is necessary to make one last big run at it.

Darnold is still going to run this division for the better part of the next two decades. So...no skin off my balls.

• Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Video camera cheating.

Deflated ball cheating.

Patriot way.

At this point, as a proud America that tries to always do the right thing... I kind of feel like them being called "Patriots" is as culturally insensitive to me as the "Redskins" name.

Necessarily

Fraudulent

League

N.F.L.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Video camera cheating.

Deflated ball cheating.

Patriot way.

I firmly believe in 20 years no one will be talking about this Patriot team with the reverence you hear when Montanas 49ers are discussed.  They've already been called cheaters by retired players on various networks and everyone but people in MA hate them.

I don't care if they win another one this year..  They are still a disgrace.  They were gifted a SB appearance with an obscure rule (against Gruden ironically enough), illegally watched the Rams walk through, been the beneficiary of some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen, were a Dee Ford offsides away from missing it last year, on and on an on..  They are a scum team that doesn't have the respect of most of their peers past and present.

With this signing they can add mentally ill as a term to describe their players and front office.  Some of the other terms are sex trafficking, murderer, wife stealer, drug addicts....  The Patriot Way.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I firmly believe in 20 years no one will be talking about this Patriot team with the reverence you hear when Montanas 49ers are discussed.  They've already been called cheaters by retired players on various networks and everyone but people in MA hate them.

I don't care if they win another one this year..  They are still a disgrace.  They were gifted a SB appearance with an obscure rule (against Gruden ironically enough), illegally watched the Rams walk through, been the beneficiary of some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen, were a Dee Ford offsides away from missing it last year, on and on an on..  They are a scum team that doesn't have the respect of most of their peers past and present.

With this signing they can add mentally ill as a term to describe their players and front office.  Some of the other terms are sex trafficking, murderer, wife stealer, drug addicts....  The Patriot Way.

You left out rub 'n tuggers.

• Haha 2