Maxman

Welcome Back Fireman Ed

Bunch of ungreatful corporate little  children...

Smh...

obviously NOT old time Giants Stadium Jets fans.

FIREMEN ED ROCK THAT PLACE OLD SCHOOL!!

GET ON BOARD THE FIRE TRUCK LADIES OR STAY HOME!!

Screenshot_20190907-192554_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Gase reached out to Ed, he wasn't asked to comment. He decided he wanted Ed back. Pretty cool imo.

GASE feels the Pulse of the Jets Fans.

WELCOME BACK ED!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why do fans hate him? I don’t get it. Someone explain it. 

I heard he used to be a Dolphin fan thats probably why!

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You should just say that the official JN account is a Russian psy-ops bot so you never have to take responsibility for any of the “jokes”.

Fixed.

27 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

Bunch of ungreatful corporate little  children...

Smh...

obviously NOT old time Giants Stadium Jets fans.

FIREMEN ED ROCK THAT PLACE OLD SCHOOL!!

GET ON BOARD THE FIRE TRUCK LADIES OR STAY HOME!!

Screenshot_20190907-192554_Chrome.jpg

Exactly.  Only an idiot jet fan would not be excited about this news.

Unfortunately, this board is 80% idiot jet fans.

• Like 1

Exactly.  Only an idiot jet fan would not be excited about this news.
Unfortunately, this board is 80% idiot jet fans.

Finally we agree. lol.
I love that ED will lead the best chant in the NFL tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I don’t care what anyone says, the stadium is 10x louder with Fireman Ed. 

Because he only shows up when we are playoff-caliber!  Do I really have to say that?

He is the ultimate bandwagoner.  I don’t blame Gase, he doesn’t know any better.   A few months from now if things don’t go well Ed will have another hissy fit and storm off and then Gase will know who he really is. He’s done this many times before, it’s not like he’s going to change. 

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Billyg said:

He has great seats in 114

Free seats with a $20,000 PSL and a $350 gameday ticket price. What a sham.

Oh, but he “represents the average Joe”. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

He was.

I know! I lot of people don't believe it when I tell them but its true!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Finally we agree. lol.
I love that ED will lead the best chant in the NFL tomorrow.

My mother could’ve let the chant tomorrow, the place is going to be electric with or without Firefraud.

Where was he when Josh McCown was our quarterback and we were 2-4? That’s right Mr. Diehard Jets fan was nowhere to be found. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Because he only shows up when we are playoff-caliber!  Do I really have to say that?

He is the ultimate bandwagoner.  I don’t blame Gase, he doesn’t know any better.   A few months from now if things don’t go well Ed will have another hissy fit and storm off and then Gase will know who he really is. He’s done this many times before, it’s not like he’s going to change. 

SAR I

Who cares if he was a dolphin fan.  Who cares if he storms off if we start losing.  He can do whatever the eff he wants.

But on Sunday he will be at the game and be awesome.  And thats what matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Free seats with a $20,000 PSL and a $350 gameday ticket price. What a sham.

Oh, but he “represents the average Joe”. 

SAR I

Plus he'll get all new Jets swag, much better than the cheap merch they gave you.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

So if Ed was originally a Fins fan you mean to say he rooted for Shula against us in the Mud Bowl. It’s impossible to forgive something that bad. And his cheers are irritating and annoying. 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My mother could’ve let the chant tomorrow, the place is going to be electric with or without Firefraud.

Where was he when Josh McCown was our quarterback and we were 2-4? That’s right Mr. Diehard Jets fan was nowhere to be found. 

SAR I

You sound incredibly bitter. And bit jealous. 

I like it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sure gase knows hes a bandwagoner.  Gase doesnt care. Only idiot jet fans whine about this.

Gase like me and a few others here who know whats up are thrilled to have Ed back.

Welcome back Ed!!!!!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why do fans hate him? I don’t get it. Someone explain it. 

Easy. 

1. Mascots who speak are bad for the fans and bad for the team.  The San Diego Chicken doesn't storm out on the Padres on national TV when they don't play well and then write a farewell letter the next morning.

2. Ed flip-flops constantly.  Draw a timeline from Boomer Esiason to Sam Darnold, and every time the Jets are good Ed shows up and every time the Jets go bad Ed disappears.  '09 to '11, Ed is there.  '13 to '15, Ed is gone.  Fitzpatrick surprises in '15, Ed is back in November.  We lose in Buffalo, Ed disappears again for '16, '17, and '18 and now that we're thought to be playoff caliber, he's back this afternoon.

He's the worst.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You sound incredibly bitter. And bit jealous. 

I like it. 

Yeah, jealous because my whole life all I ever wanted was to be a hated blue collar mascot.

More like I'm a diehard Jets supporter who didn't like the fans who gave up their season tickets in 2012 the moment it was clear that the Jets were going back to the dark ages. 

I can see why so many of you beer drinkers love the guy; he's just like you.  Bandwagonners.

SAR I

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I always feel bad when new Jets coaches get asked to enthusiastically comment on Fireman Ed in the same way new Packers coaches are asked to excitedly pose with buckets of cheese. 

This why Glat was fired.  It's clear he was out of touch with who the Jets fanbase is today.  He was stuck in 1990.

The Jets fans in my section and the adjacent sections ignore Firefraud. Some mock him.  Some boo him.  We're done with the chant and the "I'm so disappointed face" that goes along with it.  Ed doesn't represent us.  He represents what we were when we were in that dump in Queens. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yeah, jealous because my whole life all I ever wanted was to be a hated blue collar mascot.

More like I'm a diehard Jets supporter who didn't like the fans who gave up their season tickets in 2012 the moment it was clear that the Jets were going back to the dark ages. 

I can see why so many of you beer drinkers love the guy; he's just like you.  Bandwagonners.

SAR I

SAR I COME ON MAN 

On the eve of a new beginning where we finally have a franchise QB, a real HC, a good GM. 

Why so bitter man let it go. 

Don't like Fireman Ed thats your choice. 

Find it hard to believe you wont be joining in on J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant tomorrow. 

Enjoy the game buddy life is too short. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I have nothing against Ed personally. I’m just not a fan of his. Let him come to the games and enjoy himself. But why all the pub, he isn’t symbolic of all of us. He’s one fan not everyfan. 

Well said.

Last time I checked, the 18,000 fans who write the PSL checks for the 55,000 best seats in the house aren't Joe From Flushing.  Those that are?  They're in the upper deck.  Well, they used to be before the quit on the team along with Ed in 2012 when it was clear the Ryan era was over and we were rebuilding again.

Shame on them, and shame on Ed.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If you were getting harassed as much as he was, I’m sure you’d take a couple years off. All the other guys that tried to lead the chant couldn’t fill a quarter of his shoes. But then again, you do not like the chant so you’re not going to agree with me. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I COME ON MAN 

On the eve of a new beginning where we finally have a franchise QB, a real HC, a good GM. 

Why so bitter man let it go. 

Don't like Fireman Ed thats your choice. 

Find it hard to believe you wont be joining in on J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant tomorrow. 

Enjoy the game buddy life is too short. 

I'm not bitter.  I'm not letting this ruin anything for me. 

We've had a dozen chant leaders in the past 8 years, Ed included, and the fans don't care anymore.  Between plays and on TV timeouts we're bombarded with in-stadium media and it's loud and it's jarring.  The best thing about the chant is that the stadium gets quiet for the only time all afternoon and we can talk to our friends and check our fantasy scores.  The chant is background noise, no different than the PC Richards whistle.

What annoys me is that Ed never gets what he deserves from the Jets.  They keep partnering with this schmuck because they think the fans love him.  You would think they would have figured it out by now. 

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Easy. 

1. Mascots who speak are bad for the fans and bad for the team.  The San Diego Chicken doesn't storm out on the Padres on national TV when they don't play well and then write a farewell letter the next morning.

2. Ed flip-flops constantly.  Draw a timeline from Boomer Esiason to Sam Darnold, and every time the Jets are good Ed shows up and every time the Jets go bad Ed disappears.  '09 to '11, Ed is there.  '13 to '15, Ed is gone.  Fitzpatrick surprises in '15, Ed is back in November.  We lose in Buffalo, Ed disappears again for '16, '17, and '18 and now that we're thought to be playoff caliber, he's back this afternoon.

He's the worst.

SAR I

Geez, ya would of thought the guy jumped teams and became a Giants fan or something.

Just now, flgreen said:

Geez, ya would of thought the guy jumped teams and became a Giants fan or something.

No, he jumped from the dolphins to the Jets.

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If you were getting harassed as much as he was, I’m sure you’d take a couple years off. All the other guys that tried to lead the chant couldn’t fill a quarter of his shoes. But then again, you do not like the chant so you’re not going to agree with me. 

Yeah, Mr. Blue Collar "we love you Fireman Ed" just happened to be harassed five minutes before the Buttfumble where he pouted like a child, embarrassed the fans, and ran out on us at the very moment we needed him the most?  You believe that?  And the next morning he writes that CYA letter?

Ed confronted Woody Johnson about moving back to New York, coined the phrase "Woody, Keep Your Word", remember?

Ed promised the Jets and the fans he was done and would never return.  "Ed, Keep Your Word".

Nope.  Now he's getting $20,000 PSL seats with a gameday ticket price of $350 at no charge.  He's a profiteer.  He plays gullible Jets fans like a fiddle.  It's awful.

SAR I

November 2012:

"Anzalone said barbs from unruly fans have become a common occurrence, with many people under the mistaken impression that he's on the Jets' payroll. Because of this, he no longer will attend Jets games as Fireman Ed. "

September 2019:

"Thanks for the free $20,000 PSL seats and the $350 gameday tickets.  Hey, can I get a few parking passes too?"

SAR I

3 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Pats get AB, we get Fireman Ed...

This has not been a good afternoon in New Jersey.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I don’t care what anyone says, the stadium is 10x louder with Fireman Ed. 

The stadium is 10x louder when we have a competitive team.

In 2015, before Ed came back in November, the place was on fire and loud and shaking and it had nothing to do with the person leading the chant.  The Jets were good and we were headed for an unexpected 10 win season.

The reason you think the stadium is louder when Ed is there is because Ed is there when everyone is already loud.  He leaves for years and comes back as if he's never left.  Worse, as if it's our fault he left.  So gullible.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1