Maxman

Welcome Back Fireman Ed

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Free seats with a $20,000 PSL and a $350 gameday ticket price. What a sham.

Oh, but he “represents the average Joe”. 

SAR I

Per the Jets website the PSL is $25,000 and tickets are $715 per ticket per game. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why do fans hate him? I don’t get it. Someone explain it. 

Because there are always jealous haters.

But ithink, when the new stadium opened, the jets didnt give a crap about what and where he was getting his seats.

He made a fuss and he had an opinion like we all do about some stuff.

He did a commercial one year and some fans where like "his heads getting too big"

Who the hell cares. The place is nothing without him.

Have you ever been to the old stadium when he was doing his thing. 

Its freaking awesome. The whole crowd goes quiet and then explodes. 

It's nothing with the frauds who try to copy the chant.

In a nutshell haters gonna hate.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Its as pointless an argument as there is.  

Arguing over a guy whos led a cheer for 35 or so years. 

As if theres anything negative to it

He represents disloyal fans who cut and run when the going gets tough.

As someone who has written season ticket checks and effectively burned $5,000 a year for the last 8 years, if a fan wants to be my mascot, if someone wants to represent my team, that's fine, who could hate that?  But that person should be the #1 most loyal fan in the building.  And he's not.  Far from it. 

He's an opportunist that just played us like AB played the Raiders.  $20,000 PSL seats with a $350 gameday cost for free, no charge, courtesy of the Jets.  Once again, his scam pays off.  Until he disappears again.  And then shows up again.  And then disappears again.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I got my STs in '77.

We had the cheer, led by two brothers at Shea.

Its a tradition, wheres the showboating.  

Colts did it.  Broncos do it.  Others do it.  

This fanbase actually has people complaining.  

If the person leading the chant was a diehard Jets fan with no agenda, we'd embrace him wholeheartedly.

But he's not, and he does, so it doesn't take an Ivy League education to figure out why so many of us see him for what he is and are disappointed when the Jets keep bringing him back.  We don't want him back.  New branding, new uniforms, new coach, new roster, the last thing we need is the Same Ol' Ed.

SAR I

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I don't really understand the hate of Fireman Ed.  He does get the stadium jumping.  In my mind that's a good thing.

Gase invited him.  That means he'll be up on the board leading the chant.  

In 2015, when the Fitzpatrick Jets were surprising the league, there was a month where we were awesome, Ed was nowhere to be found, we did the chant with a different guy, and the stadium was the loudest its ever been.

That is a fact.

It's not Ed.  It's that the Jets are competitive.  Ed vanishes like a heel when we suck and rises like the phoenix when he smells 9 wins.  It's manipulation that he's back and it's a fallacy that he's the reason the crowd gets into it.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Billyg said:

Per the Jets website the PSL is $25,000 and tickets are $715 per ticket per game. 

Perfect.  It's even worse.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The stadium is 10x louder when we have a competitive team.

In 2015, before Ed came back in November, the place was on fire and loud and shaking and it had nothing to do with the person leading the chant.  The Jets were good and we were headed for an unexpected 10 win season.

The reason you think the stadium is louder when Ed is there is because Ed is there when everyone is already loud.  He leaves for years and comes back as if he's never left.  Worse, as if it's our fault he left.  So gullible.

SAR I

Pff

SAR I if you were harassed like he was what would you do. 

Let it go man, enjoy the  game enjoy the season, enjoy life. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The stadium may be the loudest we heard it in a long time 

It will be.  And it has nothing to do with Firefraud. 

If anything, he may bring us down.  There is something unexciting about being constantly reminded about sucking when the guy who leaves every time you suck is on the jumbotron's.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Because he only shows up when we are playoff-caliber!  Do I really have to say that?

He is the ultimate bandwagoner.  I don’t blame Gase, he doesn’t know any better.   A few months from now if things don’t go well Ed will have another hissy fit and storm off and then Gase will know who he really is. He’s done this many times before, it’s not like he’s going to change. 

SAR I

This is gonna be a little outside my boundaries because I am clearly not a STH.  I have blasted the home fans after having been to places like Old Mile High and Arrowhead.

But I feel it is OK for a diehard Jets fan to have some bandwagoner in them when the team stinks.  After twenty years of hardly missing a snap, I missed some games here and there the past few years.  Not enjoyable to watch a lousy product.  

I imagine it takes plenty of courage to try to lead a chant in a stadium full of people, especially knowing there are many of whom feel as you do or dislike him for other reasons.  But he is going to do it again, despite his own reservations I'm sure.  And you know what?  The team is probably better off with him... than without.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I if you were harassed like he was what would you do. 

Let it go man, enjoy the  game enjoy the season, enjoy life. 

I don't believe he was harassed.

But if he was, ask yourself why.  If he is so beloved and if he is so much a good working guy then why did the good working guys turn on him?  Maybe what I'm saying is true.  Maybe we don't like him anymore.  Maybe we see through his shtick and are tired of him playing us for fools every time we have a bad season and he vanishes like a fart in the wind.

And, here's your proof that he's an opportunist.  Nothing says "Look at me I'm a regular guy" like taking $50,000 worth of Club seats with a combined gameday ticket price of $1,400 for free while pointing out that "I never get anything for free from the Jets".

SAR I

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is gonna be a little outside my boundaries because I am clearly not a STH.  I have blasted the home fans after having been to places like Old Mile High and Arrowhead.

But I feel it is OK for a diehard Jets fan to have some bandwagoner in them when the team stinks.  After twenty years of hardly missing a snap, I missed some games here and there the past few years.  Not enjoyable to watch a lousy product.  

I imagine it takes plenty of courage to try to lead a chant in a stadium full of people, especially knowing there are many of whom feel as you do or dislike him for other reasons.  But he is going to do it again, despite his own reservations I'm sure.  And you know what?  The team is probably better off with him... than without.

Good post, and I respect much of what you say.  But consider this:

If every time something good happens in your life your ex-girlfriend shows up just to bring you down, how would that make you feel?  Stacey broke your heart, she really did,  You loved her, but she wasn't who she said she was, she left you when you needed her the most, and she said she was never coming back.  So now you're married and you have a beautiful wife.  And every time you get a promotion, Stacey shows up.  And every time your kid gets an award at school, Stacey shows up.  You lose 20 pounds, Stacey is there.  You buy a new car, Stacey.  At the moments you should be the most happy, there is Stacey, reminding you of the bad times and how she treated you.

That's what Firefraud is to the Jets fans in MetLife Stadium.  Perhaps on TV he's something else.  Perhaps because you stop watching the Jets when we lose you don't see it.  But I've sat through Jets games in an empty MetLife Stadium that were bleak, games with Geno Smith and Bryce Petty under center, games in the freezing cold and howling wind.  And it was then that I needed Fireman Ed to show up, it was then that my kids could have used the boost to hang in there, eventually we'll be good again.  And he wasn't there.

SAR I

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

He was.

He wears 42 for Paul warfield , not our man Bruce Harper. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Jackie Robinson says hi.

He wears the 42 a dolphin was the point. We alllknow the number 42 is synonymous with Jackie Robinson so I don’t get the point...   oh and Mariano says hi.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

I agree with SAR.  Let go Jets was a better chant anyway. 

He does jump ship.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

He wears the 42 a dolphin was the point. We alllknow the number 42 is synonymous with Jackie Robinson so I don’t get the point...   oh and Mariano says hi.  

Dude. 

45 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

Because there are always jealous haters.

But ithink, when the new stadium opened, the jets didnt give a crap about what and where he was getting his seats.

He made a fuss and he had an opinion like we all do about some stuff.

He did a commercial one year and some fans where like "his heads getting too big"

Who the hell cares. The place is nothing without him.

Have you ever been to the old stadium when he was doing his thing. 

Its freaking awesome. The whole crowd goes quiet and then explodes. 

It's nothing with the frauds who try to copy the chant.

In a nutshell haters gonna hate.

What about when he quit on the Jets? Get the mans schlong out your mouth.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

If the person leading the chant was a diehard Jets fan with no agenda, we'd embrace him wholeheartedly.

But he's not, and he does, so it doesn't take an Ivy League education to figure out why so many of us see him for what he is and are disappointed when the Jets keep bringing him back.  We don't want him back.  New branding, new uniforms, new coach, new roster, the last thing we need is the Same Ol' Ed.

SAR I

He did the chant for probably 20 years before you got your STs.

He didnt do it to become famous, no one knew the brothers who originally led the cheer or Ed for all those years.

I dont give a F either way, he makes the stadium loud and rock.  I enjoy it, 99% do

We do want him back.  I never have heard a single person in that stadium complain that the chant is annoying or that its Ed doing the job no one else managed to do on their own after he left

To each their own

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good post, and I respect much of what you say.  But consider this:

If every time something good happens in your life your ex-girlfriend shows up just to bring you down, how would that make you feel?  Stacey broke your heart, she really did,  You loved her, but she wasn't who she said she was, she left you when you needed her the most, and she said she was never coming back.  So now you're married and you have a beautiful wife.  And every time you get a promotion, Stacey shows up.  And every time your kid gets an award at school, Stacey shows up.  You lose 20 pounds, Stacey is there.  You buy a new car, Stacey.  At the moments you should be the most happy, there is Stacey, reminding you of the bad times and how she treated you.

That's what Firefraud is to the Jets fans in MetLife Stadium.  Perhaps on TV he's something else.  Perhaps because you stop watching the Jets when we lose you don't see it.  But I've sat through Jets games in an empty MetLife Stadium that were bleak, games with Geno Smith and Bryce Petty under center, games in the freezing cold and howling wind.  And it was then that I needed Fireman Ed to show up, it was then that my kids could have used the boost to hang in there, eventually we'll be good again.  And he wasn't there.

SAR I

Point taken.

16 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Who says

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He represents disloyal fans who cut and run when the going gets tough.

As someone who has written season ticket checks and effectively burned $5,000 a year for the last 8 years, if a fan wants to be my mascot, if someone wants to represent my team, that's fine, who could hate that?  But that person should be the #1 most loyal fan in the building.  And he's not.  Far from it. 

He's an opportunist that just played us like AB played the Raiders.  $20,000 PSL seats with a $350 gameday cost for free, no charge, courtesy of the Jets.  Once again, his scam pays off.  Until he disappears again.  And then shows up again.  And then disappears again.

SAR I

As someone who has cut checks for season tix since 1977 youre barking up the wrong tree, dont go there.

You can imagine scams, whatever you want.  I still dont care, no one does other that a handful who want to complain for some unknown reason that really doesnt make a difference to me.  Nothing changes either way other that the place will be more lively, more loud and more like Shea.

The stadium is significantly louder with ed anzalone running the chants...     there is no doubt abt it... also, when eds around they wont have to show jet man with the toy plane strapped to his head 15 xs during the game...

• Haha 1

New premium seats and a security detail. Who wouldn't take that deal? Now that he is being paid he needs to deliver.

23 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

SAR taking over a thread like good ole JETS INSIDER days

YES THE SEASON IS STARTING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man you're making me nostalgic

55 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

The stadium is significantly louder with ed anzalone running the chants...     there is no doubt abt it... also, when eds around they wont have to show jet man with the toy plane strapped to his head 15 xs during the game...

The chant is louder when Ed bothers to show up but the stadium is not, the noise level is the same.  We don't need to be told how and when to cheer.  We don't go to football games to be scolded by a blue collar worker making frowny faces.

The same fans who make chant noises make other noises when the chant isn't happening.  We don't need a spelling bee.  The chant is dead.  The fans are not.  We've just moved on.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

New premium seats and a security detail. Who wouldn't take that deal? Now that he is being paid he needs to deliver.

I wonder if he is committed to doing other things for the Jets as well. If anyone on the site sits in the coaches Club maybe they can report back after the game on if he's in there signing autographs or taking pictures with fans before the game or during half time.