Welcome Back Fireman Ed

Maxman

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The chant is louder when Ed bothers to show up but the stadium is not, the noise level is the same.  We don't need to be told how and when to cheer.  We don't go to football games to be scolded by a blue collar worker making frowny faces.

The same fans who make chant noises make other noises when the chant isn't happening.  We don't need a spelling bee.  The chant is dead.  The fans are not.  We've just moved on.

SAR I

We have a spelling bee on our helmets....     its fitting to have the fireman leading us to victory...  

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

My mother could’ve let the chant tomorrow, the place is going to be electric with or without Firefraud.

Where was he when Josh McCown was our quarterback and we were 2-4? That’s right Mr. Diehard Jets fan was nowhere to be found. 

SAR I

He was in the upper deck hiding from the likes of you I'd imagine.   lol 

Hey man.. I just hope you're not sitting there with your arms folded while he's on the big screens.  I'll be listening for you. 

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

No argument. If you like him ok with me. I just don’t think we need a showboat. He can lead cheers if he wants to. I just tune him out. I’d love to see the entire stadium tune him out. 

DO you boycott the chant? 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

My mother could’ve let the chant tomorrow, the place is going to be electric with or without Firefraud.

Where was he when Josh McCown was our quarterback and we were 2-4? That’s right Mr. Diehard Jets fan was nowhere to be found. 

SAR I

False. I remember the last few years that had some randos up on the screen trying to lead the chant and it just wasn’t the same. Didn’t feel right..and the crowd was not into it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good job by NYSF with the story. Fireman Ed is back, this is worth checking out. The stadium will be louder with Ed leading the chant. Very exciting.

Easily the best part of this story (to me) is how much SAR I loves Gase but can't stand Ed.  I just wish Chris Johnson was involved somehow as well.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why do fans hate him? I don’t get it. Someone explain it. 

I think he's annoying because he tries to hog the spotlight and sort of allows himself to be seen as the "official Jet fan".  I remember CBS showed him in the AFC championship game in 1998 in Denver.  While I absolutely admit he's done a good job getting the home crowd going with the J-E-T-S chant, in the larger picture, he's just not that important.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think he's annoying because he tries to hog the spotlight and sort of allows himself to be seen as the "official Jet fan".  I remember CBS showed him in the AFC championship game in 1998 in Denver.  While I absolutely admit he's done a good job getting the home crowd going with the J-E-T-S chant, in the larger picture, he's not that important.

He's way better than nothing and without him we have nothing. 

1 hour ago, rldev said:

This thread is ridiculous. Ed is fine. The players seem to like him enough. Why some of you care so much about Ed boggles the mind. 

I remember back in the day when the Jets weekly shows were on MSG, the NFLF crews had interviewed players from different teams and asked them for their favorite fan chants and more than a few mentioned the Jet chant as loud and cool.

Some Jets fans will have a problem with that. 

Shocking

Off to my seat

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good job by NYSF with the story. Fireman Ed is back, this is worth checking out. The stadium will be louder with Ed leading the chant. Very exciting.

Not a fan. I do not like elevating certain fans over others. He dies not represent the fan base as a whole.

E7-BD6277-B286-4543-BE88-2-A2-B69-FB3-A7

Well, today's Ed reveal went exactly as expected-  it meant nothing.  The fans cheered like we always do, we helped our D like we always do, and when the chant showed up half the fans had better things to do.

As for Ed himself, it was awesome, hardly the VIP treatment I bet he was expecting, all his closeups were split 3 ways with the other clowns who think we need them, a bunch of mouthbreathers in clown costumes.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

E7-BD6277-B286-4543-BE88-2-A2-B69-FB3-A7

Well, today's Ed reveal went exactly as expected-  it meant nothing.  The fans cheered like we always do, we helped our D like we always do, and when the chant showed up half the fans had better things to do.

As for Ed himself, it was awesome, hardly the VIP treatment I bet he was expecting, all his closeups were split 3 ways with the other clowns who think we need them, a bunch of mouthbreathers in clown costumes.

SAR I

When was that picture taken? I see a lot of empty seats in the UD. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When was that picture taken? I see a lot of empty seats in the UD. 

A moment before the second half kickoff.  The upper deckers were where they always are at every opening and second half kickoff-  one hand on their beers and one hand on their penises in the men's room.

SAR I