Maxman

!#* Week One - Home Opener: Jets vs Bills - The Game Thread !#*

7 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Sam looked terrible.  Don't care if he did not turn the ball over.  This was very bad.  If we had a kicker.  Ughhh.  5 million for the win Alex.

He did but I blame the poor offensive line play and non-existent play action due to shotgun formation. 

Part of why we lost today is on ownership and the previous and current front office. Yes, the players have to execute, and yes, the coach has to put the players in the best position to succeed. I get that, but not solidifying the kicking situation is inexcusable. Daryl Roberts not being depth instead of starting is inexcusable. Not adequately addressing the lack of an edge rusher is inexcusable. There wasn't much Joe Douglas could have done at corner and edge, but the kicking situation is as much on Douglas as it is Maccagnan.  How do you start the preseason without a second kicker on the roster?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Did anyone with the last name Williams play today? 

All of you IDIOTS who thought it was smart to draft a DT at 3 instead of "reaching" for an offensive lineman or trading down can eat sh*t.

The "next Aaron Donald" played like Ronald McDonald.

The Jets better put up 40 next week bc they are not going to stop the Browns WR's at all next Monday night.

Just a totally disgusting game.

Not quitting on Q just yet. Leonard, not so much. He is officially a bust due to his draft position. The 'best player in the draft" plays no better than an overachieving 5th rounder. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, usapaw said:

No, the losing play was not scoring on 4 turnovers.

We'll have to agree to disagree, 16-0 after getting off the field on 4th down is a much better situation than 16-3 due to stupid penalty. The Jets likely start the 4th quarter still up 16-0. 

19 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

It really looked like a petty call. But then again I'm a Jets fan and I'm bias. .

I only saw the replay once, but I remember saying to myself that it was a legit call. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

and what a terrible call that was, he bumped into him

Watch the play again. The only terrible thing was Henry Anderson committing a game changing penalty. It was late, and it wasn't even close. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Ok  . Wife (huge Bills fan) thought it was marginal. That might have been the turning point of the game. Damn shame.

He has to know better at that point in the game. If you bump into or knock down the QB with more than one step after he releases the ball, you're going to get a penalty 99% of the time. It wasn't a big hit, but it was late, and avoidable.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company