Maxman

!#* Week One - Home Opener: Jets vs Bills - The Game Thread !#*

The offenses usually take longer to get on track than the D, but our D looks pretty opportunistic so far. Refs bailed the Bills out with that holding call just now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Or, Josh Allen sucks ape testes

I was making the point more for those who are likely peeing down their legs that Sam hasn't throw 15 TDs already.

Really can't hate on the defense the Bills have put together after Rex screwed it all up. Disproves our last couple coaches and the notion that it takes 4-5 years to build a D.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Really happy with the way our D is playing. Sam holding the ball way too long... get it out faster against the Bills pass rush. Take what they give you. Get us to 13 before the half.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

This game is proving the old adage, "I'd rather be lucky than good."

:-)

First month of the season is the new preseason. At this point, I'm happy to have ugly wins.

Sam has thrown into several batted balls today. He's not settling in.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He is getting pressured every snap

Not every. He's had a couple of clean pockets, and then he's held it too long. He's running for his life often enough so that when he doesn't have to, he's not settling in.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean pretty much every snap. They have also dropped at least 3 passes which were first downs.  No saying he has been terrific but he isn’t the issue

I'm with you. 

• Upvote 1

Ed Oliver looks great btw. I haven't noticed our kid yet, but the rest of our D is looking like I've wanted for years - turnovers, extra possessions for the offense. Too bad we're probably going to lose 10 - 9.

Uh. I guarantee there'll be SO many moments in Pats games where this kind of thing should happen, but doesn't. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

So this kicker is cut 

Yes. 

15 here is the same as 16, really. lol

• Upvote 2

Now we get to see if Gase/Williams have a step on their throat and kick them while they're down defense... of if they're going to be like Rex and Bowles and let the Bills make us all sweat, or worse come back here.

• Upvote 2

Am I crazy, or are all of Sam's attempts short of the first down marker on this drive?

• Upvote 1

Classic 4th quarter Jets football. Offense afraid to attempt passes past the 1st down marker, and the defense can't stop a nose bleed. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Upvote 4

99% of the time the home team wins with 4 turnovers in the game. 1% of the time it's 100% a Jets home game.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

This sh*t never ends for us. Our fans deserve better.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MaxAF said:

Had to work. Just got home for the 4th quarter. Not lookin very good

I'd go back to work, bud.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Adams blitzes, doesn't get there, back gets loose AGAIN....

Adams blitzed and ran right into the back of his own Dlineman.

• Haha 1

2nd deep ball to Robbie that was thrown short today.

How do they not just run a QB draw there and take the 1st down? They've been HORRIBLE on 3rd down all game.

I think he got it. These guys that come over from good teams aren't down with this SOJ nonsense... Darnold cannot get the ball anywhere closer to a WR more than 5 yards deep.

That's about 5-6 passes batted at the LOS. I'm guessing the Bills sawe something in scouting report on Sam... another as I type this, ****.

3rd and 10 for the game. Sam throws to nobody.

• Haha 1

I'm pissed, but that was a resilient game by the Bills. I'm not pissed at them. They started horrible. Jets teams that start that horrible, just fold up and go home. These guys hung in and waited for the Jets to be Jets.

I'm pissed that we clearly went into a conservative defense when we got 16 points. Sam looked like sh*t and when he wasn't running for his life, he was making BAD throws and getting batted down at the LOS. Gase is who we thought he was.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Gonna be a long season folks. This year is about Darnold getting better. Hopefully this cools the playoff expectations a bit so we can enjoy this season for what it is.

I remember a week ago saying that the Colts situation was better because their team is built, and they can drop a QB into a good situation... and having everyone rip me because "Sam is a franchise QB and they'd rather have that", to which I said, we don't know that for sure yet. 

I hate being right. This whole season is going to be about finding that out. A great QB finds a way to hold onto this game. Finds a way to capitalize on those 4 turnovers.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Oh wow would you look at that.

I predict we'd lose 10-9. I was right about the margin. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Losing Mosely was the game... and the missed FG... and the refusing to throw past the sticks on 3rd down...

If you include the 8 batted balls...... everything.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company