!#* Week One - Home Opener: Jets vs Bills - The Game Thread !#*

Maxman

Need to come out and make a statement today that we have arrived, especially with this being a divisional game! Very anxious to see what this D looks like. This is the first opening day in a very long time I am more at ease with the O and have some anxiety about D and Special Teams. It feels weird, but kinda great too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Watching NFLN; how much cocaine has Michael Irvin ingested this morning? How does he still have a job? 

OBJ is dressed like Django/Jamie Foxx. 

Matt Ryan looks like the most uptight human on earth. 

They've talked nothing but Brown/Patriots from what I've seen. Had to turn it off.

1am here. Game starts at 3am. Can't sleep. Too pumped. 

Jets 27 Bills 13

Bell goes for +100 Rushing and + 40 Receiving with No TDs, because we finally have a Slot Receiver in Crowder who can get us results in the Red Zone (and in this case, two easy TDs), plus another nice floater to Montgomery.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, A Jet from Oz said:

1am here. Game starts at 3am. Can't sleep. Too pumped. 

Jets 27 Bills 13

Bell goes for +100 Rushing and + 40 Receiving with No TDs, because we finally have a Slot Receiver in Crowder who can get us results in the Red Zone (and in this case, two easy TDs), plus another nice floater to Montgomery.

There's no way things will go this well/easy.  We'll probably fumble the opening kickoff like we did in the 1980 wildcard game.

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's no way things will go this well/easy.  We'll probably fumble the opening kickoff like we did in the 1980 wildcard game.

I remember being at an opening game back in the early 2000s and we fumbled the opening kickoff. Want to say Reggie Rembrandt but maybe not him. 

Set the tone for the season. 

Edit: Couldn’t have been Reggie but a tall thin receiver in the 80s fumbled the first kickoff. 

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe it's false hope that we're finally turning a corner... or the Whiskey talking. Either way, I get the feeling today will be a little easier than expected. We'll see. The rest of the season - there are some games we'll run away with and some will make us look like amateurs. Such is life for an 8-8/9-7 team.