!#* Week One - Home Opener: Jets vs Bills - The Game Thread !#*

Maxman

Did anyone with the last name Williams play today? 

All of you IDIOTS who thought it was smart to draft a DT at 3 instead of "reaching" for an offensive lineman or trading down can eat sh*t.

The "next Aaron Donald" played like Ronald McDonald.

The Jets better put up 40 next week bc they are not going to stop the Browns WR's at all next Monday night.

Just a totally disgusting game.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

The Maye dropped pick and Anderson PF.  On the field goal drive.  Is the difference,  but The Jets missed an extra point and their only field goal try.  So did  1 series spin the game.   No you get 3 turnovers.  Stop being a puss and open the offense.  I would rather Sam,  who I know now stinks open it up and rip it.  Turnovers happen.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Things I noticed.  

1.  Communication between the OL is absolute sh*t.

2.  Lotta plays we gave up for short yardage to extend drives because Mosley wasn't there to plug holes,

3.  Offense doesn't really work without a big target to give Sam a reliable go to who won't get bodied.  Even when he did have time, they were beating us behind the sticks.  Having a bunch of versatile shrimps and a slim jim to run go routes will only get you so far.

4.  For a guy who spends all his time thinking up plays.  Gase sure didn't come up with any miracles offensive scenarios that might help us.  Again, we don't exactly have a ton of great personnel.  But he did that several times in Miami.

The loss of Herndon is really hurting this offense.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

All of you IDIOTS who thought it was smart to draft a DT at 3 instead of "reaching" for an offensive lineman or trading down can eat sh*t.

The Jets better put up 40 next week bc they are not going to stop the Browns WR's at all next Monday night.

I guess you missed the memo that Leo would have a breakout year because now they can't double team him. Leo sucks and Quennin was non existent.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RobR said:

The loss of Herndon is really hurting this offense.

He wouldn’t have made too big a difference.

Given how bad the OL looked I don’t blame Gase for calling quick, conservative routes or Darnold for being erratic. He did well not to turn it over.

That was as bad a pass blocking performance I’ve seen in a long time and sitting Sam back there for any length of time is asking for an injury. We’re screwed unless they improve. Mac has f*cked us. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

YOU are right, they lost the game. It wasn't that Darnold su*ked or the bad coaching by Gase or the great Joe Douglas kicker acquisition.  It was the defense.....failed.

Part of why we lost today is on ownership and the previous and current front office. Yes, the players have to execute, and yes, the coach has to put the players in the best position to succeed. I get that, but not solidifying the kicking situation is inexcusable. Daryl Roberts not being depth instead of starting is inexcusable. Not adequately addressing the lack of an edge rusher is inexcusable. There wasn't much Joe Douglas could have done at corner and edge, but the kicking situation is as much on Douglas as it is Maccagnan.  How do you start the preseason without a second kicker on the roster?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

He wouldn’t have made too big a difference.

Given how bad the OL looked I don’t blame Gase for calling quick, conservative routes or Darnold for being erratic. He did well not to turn it over.

That was as bad a pass blocking performance I’ve seen in a long time and sitting Sam back there for any length of time is asking for an injury. We’re screwed unless they improve. Mac has f*cked us. 

The Oline sucked but lets be realistic here. Sam was holding onto the ball way too long and had no ******* clue how to beat the blitz. It was like his pocket presence went out the door today.

• Sympathy 1