Maxman

!#* Week One - Home Opener: Jets vs Bills - The Game Thread !#*

8 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

I hope the entire team dies in a fiery plane crash on their way to the next game....

I would think this were funny, if I didn't actually think you were serious.

Just now, Hael said:

End of the day, we are the same team as last year + two high priced stud FAs and Crowder (a good player).  They'll win us an extra game or two, but the fundamental core of the team was not drafted during our previous GM's tenure.  That should be clear as day now. 

.500 here we come.

LOL .500.  They needed this game to get to .500.

• Upvote 2

Our offense will figure it out. If our kicker makes the extra point and field goal, everyone wouldn't be screaming. That needs to get fixed asap. If you didn't expect rust, you're crazy.

Everytime I go to a game I get PTSD 

It's reliving a heartbreak

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The losing play of the game was Henry Anderson's roughing the passer on 3rd down. I don't care about the missed extra point or missed field goal. What a dunce!

No, the losing play was not scoring on 4 turnovers.

Just now, RobR said:

Edwards did a great job of placing the ball. It's just that our kicker sucks. 

Edwards had a helluva game

Vedvik needs to leave this country now 

3 players stood out CROWDER, Mosely and Bell all free agent pickups and the main stays just stay in place of being dormant.   Jamal Adams needs to show up in the big moments his talk is getting cheap already..

• Upvote 1

I feel absolutely sick. Idk why I ever felt good about things. I mean we were up 16-0 but nope Mosley gets hurt offense stalls again and it all goes to crap. What a shame. 

The Maye dropped pick and Anderson PF.  On the field goal drive.  Is the difference,  but The Jets missed an extra point and their only field goal try.  So did  1 series spin the game.   No you get 3 turnovers.  Stop being a puss and open the offense.  I would rather Sam,  who I know now stinks open it up and rip it.  Turnovers happen.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

But Allen can’t pass......😂 Fools

He was absolute garbage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Things I noticed.  

1.  Communication between the OL is absolute sh*t.

2.  Lotta plays we gave up for short yardage to extend drives because Mosley wasn't there to plug holes,

3.  Offense doesn't really work without a big target to give Sam a reliable go to who won't get bodied.  Even when he did have time, they were beating us behind the sticks.  Having a bunch of versatile shrimps and a slim jim to run go routes will only get you so far.

4.  For a guy who spends all his time thinking up plays.  Gase sure didn't come up with any miracles offensive scenarios that might help us.  Again, we don't exactly have a ton of great personnel.  But he did that several times in Miami.

The loss of Herndon is really hurting this offense.

9 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

How long have you been a Jets fan ?

24 years.  But unfortunately I suffer from amnesia whenever we switch front offices and coaching staffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

Not a consolation prize, but the Browns who were supposed to be unbeatable lost bad...

You upvoted yourself? that's pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is what happens when the Offensive Line is horrible. Not enough protection to throw deep. Not enough running lanes to bleed clock. Just a brutal loss 

7 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

Thanks got your professional opinion, N144er.

Congratulations. This was my first ever reported post.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, RobR said:

I get it,  but you are up 16 - 0 you have to find a way to win.  They are the ultimate losers and I have been watching the same crap over and over for 40 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Just now, MooseHead said:

We have one useless Cracker at QB, and many useless N144ers everywhere else, including the kicker.

Mods, perma ban him or I'm out.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

I lol'd hard

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Did anyone with the last name Williams play today? 

All of you IDIOTS who thought it was smart to draft a DT at 3 instead of "reaching" for an offensive lineman or trading down can eat sh*t.

The "next Aaron Donald" played like Ronald McDonald.

The Jets better put up 40 next week bc they are not going to stop the Browns WR's at all next Monday night.

Just a totally disgusting game.

I guess you missed the memo that Leo would have a breakout year because now they can't double team him. Leo sucks and Quennin was non existent.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MooseHead said:

Can we trade these N144ers for some slaves, at least they work hard.

No for real.  IP full blown ban, or I'm out

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Just now, RobR said:

He wouldn’t have made too big a difference.

Given how bad the OL looked I don’t blame Gase for calling quick, conservative routes or Darnold for being erratic. He did well not to turn it over.

That was as bad a pass blocking performance I’ve seen in a long time and sitting Sam back there for any length of time is asking for an injury. We’re screwed unless they improve. Mac has f*cked us. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Did anyone with the last name Williams play today? 

All of you IDIOTS who thought it was smart to draft a DT at 3 instead of "reaching" for an offensive lineman or trading down can eat sh*t.

The "next Aaron Donald" played like Ronald McDonald.

The Jets better put up 40 next week bc they are not going to stop the Browns WR's at all next Monday night.

Just a totally disgusting game.

YOU are right, they lost the game. It wasn't that Darnold su*ked or the bad coaching by Gase or the great Joe Douglas kicker acquisition.  It was the defense.....failed.

Just now, Mogglez said:

No for real.  IP full blown ban, or I'm out

Dead ass 

• Upvote 1

Part of why we lost today is on ownership and the previous and current front office. Yes, the players have to execute, and yes, the coach has to put the players in the best position to succeed. I get that, but not solidifying the kicking situation is inexcusable. Daryl Roberts not being depth instead of starting is inexcusable. Not adequately addressing the lack of an edge rusher is inexcusable. There wasn't much Joe Douglas could have done at corner and edge, but the kicking situation is as much on Douglas as it is Maccagnan.  How do you start the preseason without a second kicker on the roster?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I make a habit out of butt fumbling someone every time they upvote their own post. We should all do it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1