Jets need another big body receiver

AshleighM

I definitely think the Jets need another big bodied WR because without CH for 4 games Red Zone targets are going to be hard to find.  I would really like if they gave Laquon Treadwell a shot because I really don't believe he got a fair shot in Minnesota and he's still young and definitely has talent also Jordan Matthews would come very cheap and is a pretty good Red Zone target also I'm sure I'm going to catch heat for the next 1 but I still believe Kelvin Benjamin can be a good WR in this league and he definitely has the size and strength to push around small DBs easily.. I mean not to many guys are going to beat him on a Red Zone jump ball.  Just my opinion nothing more.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are fine for this year.  This is something we will address in next years draft.

Agreed. IF Gase wants someone like that. We all know Gase loves his smaller shifty receivers that can play in the slot and that he typically carries no more than 6 WRs. Enunwa has good size and plays gigger than he is b/c of his strength. Anderson has solid size albeit he is skinny. We will see how versatile he is as a receiver this year. Crowder in the slot. So we are talking about another tall, 3rd tall big bodied receiver, to replace Bellamy. I only see that happening next year via FA or the draft.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No we don't.  We have enough weapons. Enunwa, Anderson, Crowder, Herndon, and Montgomery are all ballers.

I pretty much agree with this. And when people say one injury decimates the entire WR corps. Well, first of all no it doesn't. It hurts, it hurts it pretty bad, but the next man needs to step up. Also, that's how it is for the majority of teams in the NFL. They have 2 top WRs a solid slot and after that its question marks: young players that have potential but have not proven anything yet, vets who have not lived up to the hype, players coming off injuries who have not lived up to their potential, or good old fashioned jags. That's the NFL. It's rare that you are 4-5 deep with stars- even at WR. 

You look at some of the best offenses out there: Saints, Chiefs, Pats: none of them are deep at WR and all of them would suffer if they lost the #1 WR. Saints Have Thomas and not much more after that. Chiefs have Hill and Watkins and not much more after that, Pats have Edelman and D.Thomas and J.Gordon. I mean, these teams score points b/c they have good o-lines, good offensive systems, great QBs and lots of weapons. The Jets have built a similar offense where they have shored up the O-line and started to surround Darnold (a talented QB) with weapons in Herndon, Bell, montgomery, Crowder. Already having enunwa and Anderson that gives him guys who have different skill sets and can do different things. So if a WR goes down, he still has a ton of options. 

• Upvote 1

I think this remains to be seen? I think the Jets would be fine with Quincy Enunwa as their only big receiver if he can stay healthy. However, the fact is this is a make or break season for Quincy. He needs to start to paying dividends for the Jets and not constantly be injured.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No we are not. 1 injury decimates the entire WR corps. Haven't you guys learned from the Clyde Gates,David Nelson,Justin McCarrens days. 

Man, remember when those guys were starters? They wouldn't have come close to making the team this year.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No we are not. 1 injury decimates the entire WR corps. Haven't you guys learned from the Clyde Gates,David Nelson,Justin McCarrens days

I agree, but not in Week 1 let's hope. And yeah, I HAD forgotten the Gates, Nelson, and McCarrens days...

But I think maybe that the McCarrens played in a different era than David Nelson and Clyde Gates...