Congratulations to our newly anointed 2019 JetNation Captain.

T0mShane

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

First, we’d like to thank @Creepy Lurker for his work as Captain last season. Yes, the season was a distaster and his leadership was a pitiable mess, but at least he wasn’t as impotent and cruel in the Captaincy as @Bleedin Green and @Klecko73isGod. So, kudos.

Now, this is the biggest year in Jets history since Parcells in 2001, when we were Super Bowl favorites, and whomever assumes the captaincy this year will also assume the great responsibility of stewarding the fan base through a pressure-packed, if difficult, season of highs and lows. There will be expectations because of Darnold and Gase, but there will also be the harsh realities and disappointments of going into a season with a putrid, Mike Maccagnan-destroyed roster. When The Committee met to begin the selection process, we all agreed that this year’s leader had to walk the line between positivity and objectivity; he’d have to be invested, but not blinded by his investment. This person would have to be strong, smart, yet tough and—at times—vicious. Still, this was the most contentious year of debate in Committee history. There were several fine, viable candidates, but we came to agree that only one man could guide us through the very special, very complex season that lies ahead.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2019 JetNation Captain is none other than @SAR I

Congrats, SAR. Don’t get banned because @joewilly12 is your VP.

you have created a monster

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

First, we’d like to thank @Creepy Lurker for his work as Captain last season. Yes, the season was a distaster and his leadership was a pitiable mess, but at least he wasn’t as impotent and cruel in the Captaincy as @Bleedin Green and @Klecko73isGod. So, kudos.

Now, this is the biggest year in Jets history since Parcells in 2001, when we were Super Bowl favorites, and whomever assumes the captaincy this year will also assume the great responsibility of stewarding the fan base through a pressure-packed, if difficult, season of highs and lows. There will be expectations because of Darnold and Gase, but there will also be the harsh realities and disappointments of going into a season with a putrid, Mike Maccagnan-destroyed roster. When The Committee met to begin the selection process, we all agreed that this year’s leader had to walk the line between positivity and objectivity; he’d have to be invested, but not blinded by his investment. This person would have to be strong, smart, yet tough and—at times—vicious. Still, this was the most contentious year of debate in Committee history. There were several fine, viable candidates, but we came to agree that only one man could guide us through the very special, very complex season that lies ahead.

Did you all wear shirts during the meeting?  You'll have to sweeten the pot for Joe

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey, don't try to pretend like impotence hasn't long been your #1 criteria for captaincy.  Our new captain and VP only speak further to that.

Although now I'm not really sure what my point was.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Wait what?  2019 only has 4 months to go and who put my name in the election. 

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

@SAR I I hope for all of our sake there are no shirtless photos of you on the internet. Now that @joewilly12 is one step away from power, you know he will now be searching for them.

Constantly.....

Just kidding joe, and congrats to sar!!!!

There are Gate D photos of SAR I out there. 

Any and all shirtless photos of men are not my interest.

I don't know about all this. Is it *** official *** who the hell is @T0mShane  the board lounge lizard,bar fly no one in their right mind would meet up with him let alone an entire committee.

@Maxman is busy tailgating so  i'm thinking..while the cat is away the mouse will play. 

Im calling foul until it is confirmed and besides there are only 4 months left in 2019. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did Adam Gase contact you about this?