Sam Darnold Reminded Me

Dcronin

Sam did not look good today.  But  I think the poor play of the O line and the recovers failing to get separation. Was the issue.   My bigger concern at moment is this O line going to be better with Kalil.  U can laugh but Sam played some of his football at end of year with Harrison at center.  Kalil has been an all pro but missed the entire off season and dropped a ton of weight.   It's gonna take him time.   Harrison may be the better option currently.  And I have never been a fan of Winters.   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

God I hate this place during the season.

Mark Sanchez had an incredible OL.  Darnold was running for his life all game.  

You also said Josh Allen is a "Good QB".   So yeah.  Keep those QB takes churning.  One will eventually be good 

He just beat us, dumbass.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

He just beat us, dumbass.

That doesn't make him good.  He had 4 turnovers and one of those late drives was entirely his RB.  You are a clown.  It's fine.  Go cry somewhere else.  If anyone looked like Mark Sanchez, it was Josh Allen.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2

I don't get how after week 1 ppl here are bailing water from the Titanic.  There wasn't a pocket to protect Darnold.  Kicking cost the Jets the game, 4 points is a ton when you lose by 1.  O line needs to be remade, but letting Meyers go was the WORST off-season move the Jets made.  I love how "kickers aren't football players" until they cost the team the game.  When Mosely went out, the D melted.  But shouldn't have mattered is a PAT and a FG are converted.  Darnold will be fine, it's week 1 with new everything.  And to whoever said "the great ones overcome o line issues" you're a moron.  I don't care who's under center, nobody can last 60 of line play like that.

• Upvote 3

How many times have we seen a young QB ruined by an inept offensive scheme? Gase being afraid of turnovers, limited the plays Sam could make and thus drove the whole offense into a crapfestival of suck. If you're afraid that your QB can't play, you're not doing him favors by limiting the game plan.

Most of this board saw this offense in pre-season and was like, "Amazing. Look what they can do against half interested starters/backups and a defense not game planning against them!"

This is Gase folks. Sam is going to be wasted.