Sam Darnold Reminded Me

Dcronin

4 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Darnold didn’t help today but he wasn’t the problem.  

The problem is the O line, pass rush and how they completely collapsed without Mosley

Geez this gets lost in the midst of the whining and crying....

hard to play QB under duress 

hard to be a creative play caller when you can’t give your qb time to throw 

This Defense...already down Williamson, no pass rusher, no #1 CB, can’t afford losing Mosley and if he’s gone for any length of time expect more of the same 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Be honest- does this make you happier than a Jets win? 

Actually I find myself agreeing with you tonight. 

I don’t think Darnold was that bad today, I certainly don’t think he’s why we lost.

I’m not going to lie though, I’m amazed at how many of his “fans” seem ready to jump ship so quickly. It might surprise you, but I think he’s going to be just fine. People are overreacting to one game. It’s what they do.

You think I don’t like Darnold. Not true. It’s just that I’ve been watching this team a lot longer then you, and I don’t buy into the “savior” thing as quickly as you younger guys do. I’ve heard it all before, I need to see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Sam did not look good today.  But  I think the poor play of the O line and the recovers failing to get separation. Was the issue.   My bigger concern at moment is this O line going to be better with Kalil.  U can laugh but Sam played some of his football at end of year with Harrison at center.  Kalil has been an all pro but missed the entire off season and dropped a ton of weight.   It's gonna take him time.   Harrison may be the better option currently.  And I have never been a fan of Winters.   

It looked like the same soupy mess the interior of the Jets OL always is. I'm impressed that he didn't have a turnover, actually.

That said, it's game one, so plenty of room for improvement, now that everyone who is left is practicing together ;-) 

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually I find myself agreeing with you tonight. 

I don’t think Darnold was that bad today, I certainly don’t think he’s why we lost.

I’m not going to lie though, I’m amazed at how many of his “fans” seem ready to jump ship so quickly. It might surprise you, but I think he’s going to be just fine. People are overreacting to one game. It’s what they do. You think I don’t like Darnold. Not true. It’s just that I’ve been watching this team a lot longer then you, and I don’t buy into the “savior” thing as quickly as you younger guys do. I’ve heard it all before, I need to see it.

I respect you for your down to Earth and realistic viewpoints and I'm happy that I can still say that after this ridiculous day where so many have lost their sh*t.

It was not a great day for Darnold. The line was a mess and he would stare down his receiver. Watching from my seat it looks like even when pre-snapped he was looking left and his head never moved. It resulted in a few knocked down passes and easy reads for the DB.

No need to jump ship. They Need the line to work together a little more and gel. (At least that’s what I hope!).

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Lamar Jackson is the best qb from last years draft and its not even close.
Proved today that he can throw the ball and be accurate.  The dude is dangerous.

Lamar played great today, however:
1. He played against the dolphins
2. His coach is light years ahead of ours
3. He played against the dolphins who will win 2 games this year (probably against the Jets)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Dcronin said:

...of Mark Sanchez today.

Sans the interceptions, thank God.

DC

Except the INT's? Did you go to the former DC Mayor, Marion Berry school of comparisons? He's the 1 that said that "except for the murders, the crime rate was good in DC".

lmao

• Haha 1