16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bottom three roster in the league with maybe two guys on it that Gase wanted, but ok

That's a butt fumble. Would never click it though. Who the hell is Gase, and what the hell has he ever done to deserve this kind of respect from anybody.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

For the most intense guy in the world who is all intensity he sat back and let a terrible team steal a win.

This team literally doesn't give its fans even three hours of feel good.  I don't remember the last time this team delivered.

All they do is deliver heartache.  Gase was a joke.  

And by the way...its going to get hot on Gase very quick.  This season will spiral very quickly with the schedule they have.

sam got sacked, what 5 times 1st half? so he went dink/dunk got a TD...   but they caught on and batted passes down..   we even the lowly NYJ have done repatedly to a tall Joe Flacco.

Just now, Losmeister said:

b/c wating for a WR to go 7 yards ends in a crushed QB behind this line...

I understand he had no time but get f__ing downfield. Make sure you call a play with guys past the stick. Does you no good spare the QB rating to complete a 5 yard play with receiver struggling to get to the stick on 3rd and 7. 

I was 100% adamantly against the Gase hire when it happened, as he was literally dead last on the list of coaches I wanted to come here.  With that said, I definitely worked to get on board with it since then despite that, as he was ultimately the guy no matter what I thought and very much hoping I was simply in the wrong on that one.  Now, even I know you have to give a guy more than just one week before judging his time here, but what we saw yesterday definitely is beyond frustrating, as it ultimately exemplified every single issue I had with his entire career track record with the exception of one single season that it is questionable to what extent the credit belongs to him.

Hopefully he'll learn and grow from this experience, but my greatest fear was that with him getting hired immediately after his last failure at the job, there was no time (nor motivation) for him to change that which he did wrong in Miami, and that certainly looked to be true yesterday in numerous ways.

Of course if they can get their crap together and start picking up some wins even despite the tough upcoming schedule, the views will all very quickly change, but so far what we saw was hardly reassuring.

19 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You act like there was actually time for Darnold in anything but short routes.  That stumblebum Maccagnan neglected the Oline his entire time here...what happens (QB having limited time) is no surprise.

darnold didn't have time.  that's for sure.  not to pile on gase but he was hired primarily to straighten out the offense and if the qb doesn't get the time you go to plays that negate the pass rush.  this means quick slants and screens.  maybe even a draw or two.  they did throw lots of short passes but never had the receivers in space.  they also used bell a ton, maybe too much.

not to belabor the point, but in watching the patsies last night it is plenty obvious the patsie receivers get balls when the db's are playing at least 2 yards away.  they run pick plays all the time and free up the guys like edelman.  why the jets can't do this is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You act like there was actually time for Darnold in anything but short routes.  That stumblebum Maccagnan neglected the Oline his entire time here...what happens (QB having limited time) is no surprise.

Actually, YOU should be "very surprised".

You told us REPEATEDLY all offseason that Gase and Darnold would combine to average 32 ppg. and Darnold would have over 40 passing TDs. "Dimes all over the place," LOL.

They have a lot of catching up to do, huh?

20 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

For the most intense guy in the world who is all intensity he sat back and let a terrible team steal a win.

This team literally doesn't give its fans even three hours of feel good.  I don't remember the last time this team delivered.

All they do is deliver heartache.  Gase was a joke.  

And by the way...its going to get hot on Gase very quick.  This season will spiral very quickly with the schedule they have.

The HC didn't lose this game:

If Anderson doesn't rough Allen to extend the drive, the Bills don't get their first points; or

If Maye catches the interception the Jets win; or

If Darnold hits an open Anderson in the final 1:30 of the game,

The Jets would have won.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If Anderson doesn't rough Allen to extend the drive, the Bills don't get their first points; or

The Jets would have won.

Let me help you here.  The NFL is a coaches league.  A good coach makes such a massive difference in an NFL game versus other sports (NBA, baseball, soccer).  Williams, our defensive coordinator, is playing with complete garbage on that side of the ball.  4 takeaways and points.

Gase - the HC and offensive genius (you gotta be kidding me) put together a game plan that was mind-numbingly conservative and ineffective.  Remember, opening day always brings surprises and fresh formations, etc.  You see any of that yesterday?

I am amazed at how Jets fans will do and say anything to avoid facing reality.  Gase is 13-20 in his last 33 games.  That equates to about 6 wins a season.  Is that what you're happy with?  You're going to defend that?

How about this - how about you deal with the facts.  The Jets had a 99% chance to win that game yesterday and blew it...and Gase was the HC.  

The only redeeming quality of Gase is that he got rid of Macc.  That's it.  Other than that he stinks.

That is literally the only reason any of us like Gase.  Because he's such a self promoter and mad man (who went into a shell yesterday like a baby) who got rid of Macc.

The guy is a loser HC until he proves otherwise.  

I'm interested in hear your thoughts...

In terms of the long term, Gase was definitely the most troubling part of yesterday's game.

We'll get a new kicker this week.

Douglas will get us a new offensive line over time.

But we've trusted Darnold's development to Gase and I have yet to see any real evidence this was a good decision. Nothing about the scheme, play-calling or Darnold's play yesterday was encouraging at all.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

You told us REPEATEDLY all offseason that Gase and Darnold would combine to average 32 ppg. and Darnold would have over 40 passing TDs. "Dimes all over the place," LOL.

I did say that and I’ll own it.

But you do agree that even Pat Mahomes would have problems playing with this Oline (which is putrid, agree on that point?) and receivers who STILL get no separation...agree on that too?

Only 1 game (unfortunately it might snowball to 0-6 with this schedule, No Oline, no Corners, no Kicker), that’s tough for any QB, but I’m not making excuses for Darnold for all of yesterday , as he missed some throws, but I’ve seen him hit throws last year that I’ve never seen any Jet QB hit, which is the reason for my optimism....so Darnold’s talent is there.

I think yesterday exposed the huge talent gap that Maccagnan left unfortunately.  How many points is Brady going to put up with Brown and Gordon and Edelman running circles around this secondary?  70?  Trumaine Johnson and his 12 yard cushions (shouldn’t even watch the game).

And how will it affect Darnold when the D can come at him with their ears pinned back because of big leads?

Man it’s tough being a Jet fan haha.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Let me help you here.  The NFL is a coaches league.  A good coach makes such a massive difference in an NFL game versus other sports (NBA, baseball, soccer).  Williams, our defensive coordinator, is playing with complete garbage on that side of the ball.  4 takeaways and points.

Gase - the HC and offensive genius (you gotta be kidding me) put together a game plan that was mind-numbingly conservative and ineffective.  Remember, opening day always brings surprises and fresh formations, etc.  You see any of that yesterday?

I am amazed at how Jets fans will do and say anything to avoid facing reality.  Gase is 13-20 in his last 33 games.  That equates to about 6 wins a season.  Is that what you're happy with?  You're going to defend that?

How about this - how about you deal with the facts.  The Jets had a 99% chance to win that game yesterday and blew it...and Gase was the HC.  

The only redeeming quality of Gase is that he got rid of Macc.  That's it.  Other than that he stinks.

That is literally the only reason any of us like Gase.  Because he's such a self promoter and mad man (who went into a shell yesterday like a baby) who got rid of Macc.

The guy is a loser HC until he proves otherwise.  

I'm interested in hear your thoughts...

Great points.

This is one of the main reasons I was certain that Darnold would take a massive leap this year after seeing that he does have a great degree of talent over the last 4 games he played last year, when anyone will agree he made virtually all the plays on his own.

I was thinking our team was getting this highly innovative Offensive genius who would take Darnold to the top levels and now would have some semblance of a running game with one of the best backs in the league in Bell, whereas last year he had none.  Anything was better than Bowles, and I still say that.

Now I don’t know if Gase feels he is hamstrung by an Oline who can’t block and thought he had to play it very safe yesterday but seeing ANOTHER Jet coach crawl into a scared, ultra conservative shell on Offense would be beyond troubling.

Another thing that sold me on Gase was that Peyton Manning signed off on his football mind.

All very troubling, but it’s still early.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Saw the “like” I got from you on my post answering you..that’s cool.

I also want to add that I will TOTALLY amend my predictions of the gaudy numbers I projected for Darnold IF the Oline gives him virtually no time to take shots down field like what happened yesterday and Gase runs what looked like a Brian Schottenheimer “Against the Law to throw past the Sticks Offense”, by definition you’re going to get Mark Sanchez #’s out of that kind of offense....I could “wish” that my initial projection would happen but then that wouldn’t be realistic at all if all Gase allows is dink and dunk, then again the Oline might really be so bad that plays can never develop down the field (like yesterday), and dink and dunk is all they really can run...but it was reported that the Jets would now be running an “Attack Offense”, and Darnold confirmed that with his own words.

But what happened yesterday as Mike Tyson used to say, the Jets got “hit in the face”, especially the Oline....and they had no Plan to deal with it.

Don’t forget that Buff had the #2 D in the entire league last year.  That’s the same #2 D that Darnold marched down the field against last year up in Buffalo to win the game in the final minutes almost single handedly.  So hopefully yesterday was an outlier due to playing a great D, and things will get much better.

But the jury is definitely out, and you had a right to call me out.  Although again, I think Darnold is going to be an outstanding QB in this league. And it’s not because he’s a Jet and I’m a fan.  I was deeply worried about Mark Sanchez from the very first snap I saw him take, looked too small, and I wasn’t impressed with his arm...unfortunately I was right about that.

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Saw the “like” I got from you on my post answering you..that’s cool.

I also want to add that I will TOTALLY amend my predictions of the gaudy numbers I projected for Darnold IF the Oline gives him virtually no time to take shots down field like what happened yesterday and Gase runs what looked like a Brian Schottenheimer “Against the Law to throw past the Sticks Offense”, by definition you’re going to get Mark Sanchez #’s out of that kind of offense....I could “wish” that my initial projection would happen but then that wouldn’t be realistic at all if all Gase allows is dink and dunk, then again the Oline might really be so bad that plays can never develop down the field (like yesterday), and dink and dunk is all they really can run...but it was reported that the Jets would now be running an “Attack Offense”, and Darnold confirmed that with his own words.

But what happened yesterday as Mike Tyson used to say, the Jets got “hit in the face”, especially the Oline....and they had no Plan to deal with it.

Don’t forget that Buff had the #2 D in the entire league last year.  That’s the same #2 D that Darnold marched down the field against last year up in Buffalo to win the game in the final minutes almost single handedly.  So hopefully yesterday was an outlier due to playing a great D, and things will get much better.

But the jury is definitely out, and you had a right to call me out.  Although again, I think Darnold is going to be an outstanding QB in this league. And it’s not because he’s a Jet and I’m a fan.  I was deeply worried about Mark Sanchez from the very first snap I saw him take, looked too small, and I wasn’t impressed with his arm...unfortunately I was right about that.

it's as if darnold knew the o-line wasn't ready for the season and it destroyed the chemistry.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets would have won.

Every single game in the NFL is decided by a handful of plays. Jets are one of the worst situational aware teams.  

9 minutes ago, funaz said:

Every single game in the NFL is decided by a handful of plays. Jets are one of the worst situational aware teams.  

Yup.....also maddening that Anderson went to Stanford and yesterday he took 4 steps after the ball was out and then hit Allen, just an blatant idiotic penalty...one of the top plays to finger point at costing the Jets the game.

• Sympathy 1