7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eli looked bad for 3 years and threw off his back foot a lot too.  So you never know.

Lets hope so.  At this point, its not good.

Just now, nico002 said:

What did you watch? Allen literally should have thrown 4 picks from the pocket 

I watched him throw a touchdown from the pocket and a lot of plays on third down. Darnold threw it to Crowder 17 times.

26 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

He plays scared and constantly throws off his back foot.  He just isn’t that good.  

Pretty much this today

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

I don't understand why some are saying Darnold had a bad game.  He was under great pressure the whole game against a very good defense.  Under this constant pressure last year it was at least 2 int thrown. So he is progressing. There were two throws to Anderson that could had been TD.  The defender luckily just put the arm in the air both time.

That's because both passes were underthrown.

• Upvote 1

Darnold played well with the play calls given. Gase needed more shots down field to Robby and Quincy. Too much dink and dunk. The 4 points Vedvik left out there would have been enough to win it. So the loss of Mosely and the addition of Vedvik lost the game today. Not Sam.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

What did you watch? Allen literally should have thrown 4 picks from the pocket 

One was a miss by a reciever. One was a tip pass(bad break how many tips did darnold have) one was called back and allen threw the ball deep cause he saw the flag already thrown. The only one was the one maye dropped was a bad throw. Bad breaks for josh lead the interceptions. Darnold barely threw the ball 5 yards every pass

Darnold had an average game. He hit the majority of the throws he needed to, and missed narrowly on 2 homeruns to Anderson. 

Problem is the dink and dunk stuff only works if you can maintain protection when you catch the defense playing up and eventually hit a play down field. I personally like that type of play, and it has been Brady’s bread and butter his whole career.

im hopeful that At least most of the protection issues were due to a mix of new or rusty linemen. Time will tell, but I suspect this team is going to need at least one lineman and a true #1 at receiver 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Dont disagree, but Allen making plays from the pocket was the difference in the game. Both defenses were good(or both QB's were bad). Gase could be to blame too, but Darnold didnt look comfortable at all today. Herky jerky, then a 5 yard out to Crowder. Repeat. 

Quinnen Williams was invisible. Jamal Adams was invisible. The "good" Jets players other than Mosely, Bell and Crowder- the FA's stunk.

Allen did not made play from the pocket.  Their running back won the game with like 5 carries for almost 100 yards in their last two possession  when Mosley left the game and ignite their offense.  Gase for lack of adjusting to the Bills defense does not bode well going forward.  Like others stated Sam is great when he rolling away from the pocket and not a single play or rb screen to keep their defense honest.  It was like the Bills knew what was coming since Gase kept calling the same predictable play the entire game.   

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's because both passes were underthrown.

I'm generally very positive on Darnold, but even I could see that those long pass miss-connections were on Darnold.

Tom Brady couldn't even had a good game against that pressure and that O-Line. Sam just didn't have the cheat codes and a legendary coach to get it done anyways. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm generally very positive on Darnold, but even I could see that those long pass miss-connections were on Darnold.

The overthrown ball yes, the one in the end zone was right over his shoulder, just great coverage by the DB. He matched Robby’s speed there and made a last second desperation play

4 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

The overthrown ball yes, the one in the end zone was right over his shoulder, just great coverage by the DB. He matched Robby’s speed there and made a last second desperation play

If that ball was just a foot out in front of Robby, it would've been a TD. Not to say that Robby couldn't have high-pointed the ball and hauled it in, but Darnold could've put it in a better spot. I expect Darnold to be able to make those throws.

Is this not the same team Darnold carved up for a win late last season.  With an O-line that was even worse.  Sam was playing scared because of the coach.  He is a gunslinger.  Turnovers are going to happen.  Let Sam play!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Allen was garbage the entire game minus the TD.  The Jets defense left at least 3 more INT on the field including one given away by the ref.  The only one playing great on our defense was Mosley and we all know how it end when he was injured so please gtfo with Allen being good under pressure. 

Seriously? Nice green glasses. So, if the defense had done their job and got those seven turnovers then the zero effort by the offense would have won the game....yeah, OK. 

A lot of the protection issues the Jets had today could have been corrected presnap by the QB. They weren't.

Darnold so missed a couple of big plays downfield he usually hits.

Wasn't his best game for sure. He needs to get better.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Eli looked bad for 3 years and threw off his back foot a lot too.  So you never know.

No.....you know.You don't' not know.

Eli was a Manning. Lineage, bloodline, seniority. He was never going to fail 

I think it’s a little over reaction here.  Bills can possibly have the best defense in the league.  Sam Darnold is not of elite level yet.  Any QB can struggle against the Bills. 

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I think it’s a little over reaction here.  Bills can possibly have the best defense in the league.  Sam Darnold is not of elite level yet.  Any QB can struggle against the Bills. 

Is Rodgers elite? Cause he struggled against a top defense too

52 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If that ball was just a foot out in front of Robby, it would've been a TD. Not to say that Robby couldn't have high-pointed the ball and hauled it in, but Darnold could've put it in a better spot. I expect Darnold to be able to make those throws.

You’re complaining because of a foot on a 50 yard throw? 

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You’re complaining because of a foot on a 50 yard throw? 

This is a league of inches. Elite QB's need to make those throws consistently, and that's what I hope Darnold becomes. If that was Darnold's only miss-connection, then I wouldn't give it much weight, but he was off all day.

That throw today wasn't an outlier, it was a trend on the day, and that's certainly something to nitpick.

• Upvote 1

Sam is fine. Buffalo was the 2nd rated defense against the pass last year, and just a stout defense overall. I believe NFL.com had them rated as a top 5 defense going into this season as well. Mix in the fact that our line was very bad, robby is dealing with an injury (who knows how much its impact actually is), and were also missing our young up and coming tight end in Herndon, which helps Sam stretch the field even more. 

I still have tremendous faith in Sam as our franchise QB. We're just witnessing the inability of our organization to acquire talent and put out a competitive roster on the field every Sunday. 

Also if those kicks went in and we pulled off a win today, I doubt we would be nitpicking Sam's play today to this extent. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

It's almost like the offensive line matters

The FO needs to find a fix for the Oline leakage - Sam's starting to get the yips

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

A lot of the protection issues the Jets had today could have been corrected presnap by the QB. They weren't.

Darnold so missed a couple of big plays downfield he usually hits.

Wasn't his best game for sure. He needs to get better.

It really wasn't just a case of missed assignments. They were running through our guys like they were children. You can only do so much pre-snap.

Pretty evident that between Gase and Darnold the decision was made at the half to just abandon any long developing plays. 

Bills have a real good defense and our oline got slaughtered.  Even Brady would struggle with that much constant pressure.  Look I’m not saying Sam didn’t make some bad throws but it’s not like he turned the ball over.  

Does anyone really think the combo of Shell and Beachum would start on any other team? These guys are backup types. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Bills have a real good defense and our oline got slaughtered.  Even Brady would struggle with that much constant pressure.  Look I’m not saying Sam didn’t make some bad throws but it’s not like he turned the ball over.  

Darnold said he played a clean game with no turnovers but that the offense seemed ‘scrambled’ at times.  His way of saying the offense was out of sync.

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

My only concern for Darnold were all the batted passes. We know he has that elongated release and you have to wonder if it isn't serving as a tell to the defense. They got their hands on a lot of passes.

He had at least 4 batted balls.  You may have something here.

3 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He had at least 4 batted balls.  You may have something here.

They knew he was throwing short, so it made it easier to swat.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Darnold said he played a clean game with no turnovers but that the offense seemed ‘scrambled’ at times.  His way of saying the offense was out of sync.

That’s true I don’t disagree.  But it seemed like 85 percent of the time he was pressured.  The batted balls were mostly because a guy on the bills would run untouched

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

They knew he was throwing short, so it made it easier to swat.

Exactly.  I think some are making a big deal out of the batted balls. The bills put an extra pass rusher there who would be unblocked so it was easy to pressure Sam or bat the ball down 

Basically, the O cost us this game. The D held up their end the O did not. Bad play calls and a lack of a downfield attack ruined this game. Darnold wasn't terrible but he wasn't good.

LL

• Upvote 1