Darnold

DRJETS

5 hours ago, DRJETS said:

I don't understand why some are saying Darnold had a bad game.  He was under great pressure the whole game against a very good defense.  Under this constant pressure last year it was at least 2 int thrown. So he is progressing. There were two throws to Anderson that could had been TD.  The defender luckily just put the arm in the air both time.

I think he under throws the ball on that first pass to RA - had he lead him a little more - we might be talking about a different game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Allen was much better then darnold today.  Darnold was so lost out there is was scary.  You cant look like that in year 2.  He looked like he never played in an nfl game before.

I'm sorry. I just didn't see this extreme take. Yes he had a poor game. But if our qb had 4 turnovers we wouldn't feel comfortable one bit. Frankly I don't care about Allen right now, just saying let's pump the brakes on the Sam over-reaction. He's learning a new offense yet again behind a suspect oline which everyone in the world was aware of. What we didn't foresee is Kalil being worse than expected.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Allen was much better then darnold today.  Darnold was so lost out there is was scary.  You cant look like that in year 2.  He looked like he never played in an nfl game before.

Unfortunately that's all true. I didn't like the pick when we drafted him. USC QB's are not NFL caliber. Problem is the Post writers elevate his game to sell papers and fans buy into it and become disappointed. In a word Sam is a stiff.

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Barton said:

Does anyone really think the combo of Shell and Beachum would start on any other team? These guys are backup types. 

I also want to know if Darnold introduced himself to Kalil when they walked on the field because today was the first time they've ever played together in a game.

This whole "preseason doesn't matter" thing is ridiculous.  It matters.  And I will feel even more strongly about that if they're better in their 3rd and 4th game than their 1st and 2nd.  Reps are important IMO.

The idea that you can just trot a bunch of guys out there and make it work is horse hockey.  It's like sending a Kicker out there who hasn't ever kicked in a real game before....ohh....wait a minute.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

2nd qtr. Yes, DB made a play on the ball, but Sam put it on target. It wasn't a miss on Sam's part. Any further in front of Robbie and he probably doesn't have a chance of getting both feet in

@kdels62 - I stand corrected. just watched the replay of this play and Sam did slightly underthrow him. He had room to lead him a bit more and Robbie would've been able to get both feet down.

As others have said (and it was tough to see all of it there), while Sam was under a lot of duress, he was throwing a lot of balls off his back foot.