Jump to content
Jetsbb

Adam Gase is stunting Darnold's growth Jets should have stayed with Jeremy Bates.

Recommended Posts

There's only two differences between the last time we played the Bills and won:

Gase and the ******* green helmets.

Both are equally to blame for this debacle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Look, there is no question the Oline was getting killed and Sam had no time, but I really dont understand the lack of downfield plays.  

On top of that, when you see the our 5 OL are being beat by 4 DL, why did we continue to go empty - why not put in a blocking TE and max protect a few times and see if robby or Q can get open down the field?

Really didnt understand the amount of short passes we ran....very disappointing start to the season.

Wha? :huh: You just spelled it out. Darnold didn't have a whole lotta chances to set his feet and throw it downfield because he was getting flushed from the pocket too quickly. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense and Kicker killed us. It should have been 20-0 but those 4 missed points by the kicker plus the dink and dunk O killed us. We didnt take shots deep till the end of the game. We gave that game away. It will come back to haunt us. Our D was ready but Our O was asleep.

 

LL

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's a second year QB in his second system, it's week 1.  The loss was awful but can we relax a bit please?  

The reason to panic is the main reason why Darnold ended strong was because he was playing outside of the pocket.  Due to his lengthened delivery he is prone to batted passes - that is what truly killed him - all those batted passes may have made him overadjust on some throws causing them to be inaccurate.

The lack of adjustments on both ends of the field were Bowles-esqu.

The lack of creativity on offense was disturbing.

This was one horrible game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JiF said:

The defense forced 4 turnovers and scored as many points as the offense. 

Sure. But the KICKER LOST THE GAME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

There's only two differences between the last time we played the Bills and won:

Gase and the ******* green helmets.

Both are equally to blame for this debacle. 

No the difference is Bowles ass would've punted with 2 mins left on the 4th and 1 that Bell converted. No Balls Bowles.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sure. But the KICKER LOST THE GAME.

We didn't lose because of the K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Chill out, Darnold looked incredible all off season and pre season. He has a meh game against maybe the #1 pass D in the NFL

All off season and pre season....    remind me... that means what?

  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The take is a little dramatic, but the offense was certainly not creative and it had no ability to adapt and adjust 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sciond said:

that was electric!

unfortunately in the throw a toaster in the bathtub kind of way..

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets should have hired Mike Mcarthy said this months ago Adam Gase is Rich Kotie 2.0 unfortunately the Jets had a chance at a proven head coach and passed on him for Peyton Mannings water boy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We didn't lose because of the K

Hahaha ooookay. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We didn't lose because of the K

We literally lost because our kicker cost us 4 points.

He makes the field goal and the Bills lose.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This game magnified the Jets biggest weaknesses.  O line, CB, edge rusher and WR.   The problems many refused to acknowledge were highlighted today.  It’s not a playoff roster.  

I'll bump this when we get the wildcard...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote from Gase last season....just something to keep in the back of your mind

Dolphins coach Adam Gase: "Aaron Rodgers is a little different than Sam Darnold."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Quote from Gase last season....just something to keep in the back of your mind

Dolphins coach Adam Gase: "Aaron Rodgers is a little different than Sam Darnold."

Hard to fault the man for being objective when he had no connection to the player at the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Whatever. We made the playoffs with less talent in the past.

lol, Yea? 

Wake up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Gase wants Darnold to play within the structure of the offense. Those last four games Bates figured out Darnold's strengths and had design roll outs to the right and left. Loggains slipped up and revealed they trying to curb those tendencies. Darnold is being turned into a checkdown scared of his shadow Tannehill clone. This is going to be a long year and probably end in Gase unceremoniously being fired because of Darnold's regression. 

You need to check yourself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The reason to panic is the main reason why Darnold ended strong was because he was playing outside of the pocket.  Due to his lengthened delivery he is prone to batted passes - that is what truly killed him - all those batted passes may have made him overadjust on some throws causing them to be inaccurate.

The lack of adjustments on both ends of the field were Bowles-esqu.

The lack of creativity on offense was disturbing.

This was one horrible game.

You’re an idiot. He played from the pocket in the Green Bay game. Darnold has one of the quickest releases in the game right now. His elongated delivery hasn’t been seen since college 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Gase wants Darnold to play within the structure of the offense. Those last four games Bates figured out Darnold's strengths and had design roll outs to the right and left. Loggains slipped up and revealed they trying to curb those tendencies. Darnold is being turned into a checkdown scared of his shadow Tannehill clone. This is going to be a long year and probably end in Gase unceremoniously being fired because of Darnold's regression. 

image.png.b556f1d8027baef68cba97c87d09abc3.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beer Mule said:

Hard to fault the man for being objective when he had no connection to the player at the time 

For sure. But Gase is a good liar. Just something to keep in the back of your head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Gase wants Darnold to play within the structure of the offense. Those last four games Bates figured out Darnold's strengths and had design roll outs to the right and left. Loggains slipped up and revealed they trying to curb those tendencies. Darnold is being turned into a checkdown scared of his shadow Tannehill clone. This is going to be a long year and probably end in Gase unceremoniously being fired because of Darnold's regression. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hot take&amp=true&defid=13992098

an opinion that is likely to cause controversy or is unpopular
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt39 said:

For sure. But Gase is a good liar. Just something to keep in the back of your head. 

Anything in particular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beer Mule said:

Anything in particular?

I mean the whole Maccagnan situation no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean the whole Maccagnan situation no?

I mean I thought you were going to reference him saying something to the effect now of Darnold being an elite new gen QB or something, not his corporate ruthlessness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

The defense forced 4 turnovers and scored as many points as the offense. 

This game showed how important Mosley is. A crap QB and a crap offense came alive in the 4th quarter...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, Yea? 

Wake up. 

Dude, we have studs on this team. Darnold, Bell, Osemele, Mosely, Adams, Maye, Herndon, Robby, Enunwa, and eventually Kalil. If this isn't playoff talent idk what is. No one has probowlers at every position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I'll bump this when we get the wildcard...

You know they're going 0-7 now, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You know they're going 0-7 now, right? 

Thanks for your expertise insight. I'll go ahead and cancel my Sunday ticket right now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyler morray can bring his team back from down 67 points but darnold cant move the ball for more then 15 yards in the fourth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Kyler morray can bring his team back from down 67 points but darnold cant move the ball for more then 15 yards in the fourth...

Against the mighty Lions. We beat them 52-14 last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...