The good from today

RobR

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

As bad as todays loss was there was still a few players that stood out. Everyone knows about Bell, Mosley, and Crowder but I also thought Hewitt had a a hell of a game. He was a player that was an upgrade over Lee last year when Lee was suspended and he continued his good play. Guy was all over the field not only in pass defense but also making TFL's . His emergence will help ease the loss of Williamson.

Sorry but that's all I got.

That is all there was...It's still early; on to next week.

Maye was really good.  I thought Poole played well in spots.  Jenkins is just not a flashy player, but is always solid.   

Overall not many positives.  That said, last year we started out with tons of positives and went straight to hell, so I try not to get too up or down this early.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I agree...

But it's sad that the most impactful players...Bell, Moseley and Crowder were all FA signees.  Our drafts have been absolutely horrendous over the past decade, and there is absolutely NO depth on this roster...NONE.

That's why Mac is gone. We were the worst drafting team in the NFL during his tenor so it's not surprising. 

• Upvote 1

Adam Gase finally has a good quarterback to work with so he'll now have a top offense!

Seriously, now that teams know they can just leave Enuwa completely uncovered and Anderson can't catch underthrown balls from Darnold regardless of lax coverage..they're going to come down hard on Crowder and Bell.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Admire the optimism, but I can't say I feel the same. Yes those 3 guys looked great but we are so incomplete in other areas on this roster. Genuinely concerned that we won't even be playing meaningful games in december. 

This is what you have when you have Mac and Idzik running your last seven drafts. Doesn't change the fact that some players played well in a one point loss when our kicker can't even make an extra point.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maye was really good.

I wouldn't go overboard on Maye. Yes he had an interception that was called back but also dropped one that hit him in the chest. At the very least he's been in position to make plays.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Seriously, now that teams know they can just leave Enuwa completely uncovered and Anderson can't catch underthrown balls from Darnold regardless of lax coverage..they're going to come down hard on Crowder and Bell.

Isn't that what the Bills did today, yet they still performed well?

Enunwa has never scared anyone and if not for a couple of errant throws Robby has about 75yards and a TD. 

Bell, Mosley are both obviously well worth the money

i wasn’t really happy with either signing, I was wrong

crowder, Maye, and Edwards were also good

and Q looked really good the one or two plays they let him play

also loved that Allen was way better than Darnold, with the infatuation with people here with saying how horrible Allen is 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

26 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Bell, Mosley are both obviously well worth the money

i wasn’t really happy with either signing, I was wrong

crowder, Maye, and Edwards were also good

and Q looked really good the one or two plays they let him play

also loved that Allen was way better than Darnold, with the infatuation with people here with saying how horrible Allen is 

LMAO. IF the situation was reversed and Sam had the game that Josh had; there would be posts about Sam being a turnover machine. How we got lucky and still need a QB, from many, including you. So spare me. Josh sucked today, and I wouldn't want any part of him.

If the jets had managed to win the this game all the awful parts of the team and game would have been glossed over.

Kicker gets a 2nd chance, offense was not impressive but hey a win is a win.

The ills of this team were on full display and could not be hidden behind a close win.

That is actually a positive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the jets had managed to win the this game all the awful parts of the team and game would have been glossed over.

Kicker gets a 2nd chance, offense was not impressive but hey a win is a win.

The ills of this team were on full display and could not be hidden behind a close win.

That is actually a positive.

After the jets didn't go for the extra point the 2nd time, the kicker's career with the jets was  over no matter the result of the game

Other than that, I agree.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

Admire the optimism, but I can't say I feel the same. Yes those 3 guys looked great but we are so incomplete in other areas on this roster. Genuinely concerned that we won't even be playing meaningful games in december. 

Might be eliminated by November.  Top 5 pick.