territory all day

- The returners did nothing as it was fair catches all day

- Kaare Vedvik was awful leaving 4 points on the field with two bad
shanks.  Even if the Jets moved into field goal range on the last drive
who in their right mind thought he would win the game?  Not me

Defense

- Hard to complain about a unit that got four turnvers and scored 8 points
but when the game was on the line they failed

- CJ Mosley's value was clearly seen today as he was all over the field.
With a "pick 6", a fumble recovery, coverage and most importantly being 
a DC on the field.  Once he left with an injury the defense collapsed and
were gashed in both phases   

- There were three turning points in the game, all on the same drive:
  * With five minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Jets had a 16-0 lead and
    BUF failed on a 3rd and 10 play.  But Henry Anderson was called for a "soft"
    roughing the passer penalty which continued the drive
  * After that penalty Mosley hurt himself as he knocked away a TD pass in coverage
  * Finally on that drive Marcus Maye dropped an INT which would have kept the score
    at 16-0 instead allowing BUF to kick a FG

Offense

- What offense?  Other than one drive where they scored their only points they were
inept.  Poor coaching adjustments as BUF continually brought DB pressure from the 
slot and nothing was done to counteract it

- Other than Jamison Crowder and LeVeon Bell having flashes of great individual efforts
none of the other skill players did anything

- The OLine was leaky in both phases and allowed Sam Darnold to be bounced around
all day.  Countless passes were also knocked down at the line

- Sam Darnold wasn't helped with so many poor performances surrounding him but
he also missed throws.  Particularly on the last drive he underthrew then overthrew
Robby Anderson on a couple of bombs which could've bailed the team out

Another frustrating "shampoo, rinse & repeat" loss for this team.  Now what???  A
continuation of the garbage we've seen the last 3 years or a bounce back???

they need to capitalize on those turnovers.  imo they'll get their act together though mayfield is another one of those mobile type qb's.  the oline has been troubling for quite some time.  kalil did not look much better than harrison.  and even if they didn't pass block very well the run blocking was worse.

we've seen buffalo's game plan for about 8 seasons.  it's all about stacking the box and getting qb pressure.  the jets need to make teams pay when they play this way. 

I am not sure the season could have started any worse

Jet lose a winnable game (did not play well but were the better team)

Next week's opponent got throttled by the Titans, season will be on the line next week for the insane brown posse

pats* made the steelers look silly and add AB next week

Miami will be selecting #1 

Defense got bailed out a bit by some flukey turnovers- pick 6 could have been caught by the Bills receiver. The secondary is not good. Still waiting on Leonard Williams to make a big play. I wouldnt count on this defense forcing turnovers against the better offenses. Quinnen Williams just doesnt seem ready for whatever reason. Mosely is a great player that is probably questioning his decision to leave Bmore.

Darnold looked shell-shocked most of the afternoon. The oline isnt good, but he's got to play better and throw the ball down the field with confidence. Two of the four sacks were just him holding the ball for too long. Locking onto Crowder like Tannehill did with Landry is a boring way to play offense. A couple of throws down the field would have clinched the game.

20 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Another frustrating "shampoo, rinse & repeat" loss for this team.  Now what???  A
continuation of the garbage we've seen the last 8 years or a bounce back???

I fixed it for you. 

Put in 50 years and you wouldn’t be wrong!

• Haha 1

A day later I got to say that the defense played lights out I was very happy. I really feel that Darnold looked like a deer in the Headlights and that our head coach was calling plays like he was scared. It really sucks because we all we're anticipating some great big new thing. Maybe they just out thought themselves? Sam looked more like a game manager and they should really have let him open up and throw the freaking ball! Obviously the offensive line needs to gel. But no excuses a lot of other teams look like crap yesterday as well and I'm sure they're going to work this out.