Paradis

Paying the Piper: YEARS of POOR DRAFTING

Yeah, too bad we didn't  draft a kicker with one of those 1st round selections. We probably win this game had we done that.

• Haha 1

we've said it a 100 times, you need guys to step up in tight games.  the jest dont have a lot of game breaking home grown talent.  no edge presence, no dynamic wr, everyone that plays well we had to pay to come here.  Its year after year of MAYBE pulling 1 player out of each draft that can stick with the team.  Meanwhile you watch the cowboys with a ton of home grown talent, the seahawks drafted guys looking great.  

When this team starts drafting smart then we'll see this team pull out close wins. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

This is why it was such a good move by CJ to keep mccaganan for a farewell tour draft.

There are issues though other than the sour drafting with this team.

You take what does not involve the draft talent and you still see major problems.

The kicker issue is a large bag of fail on the team.

The offense looked much worse than at the end of last year and this with a much better RB.

• Upvote 1

Oh well... they gave it their best shot.  Guess it's time to turn our focus towards next Aprils draft.

• Upvote 2

Yup.  We had a chance to take a hall of fame type tight end in Hockenson and we took another dlineman.  

Pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's startling how the Jets managed to hire back to back sh*t-shows at the GM position. Woody REALLY knows how to pick them.

I just hope CJ broke the trend this time around.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NovaScotia said:

The worst pick was trading up for Darnold 

Hahahahaha.  Unfortunately, its starting to look that way.  He was awful last year and again today.

• Downvote 4
  • Butt Fumble 4

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m at a loss as to how Mac could have worked in the NFL for so many years and not understood how to build through the draft. He was so bad that he could not have done worse even if he was trying to screw up.

He was about to be fired before Woody hired him as our next GM. It's crazy how a scout that was about to be fired from a somewhat sh*tty franchise turned into the worst GM in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

It's 100% drafting & we've absolutely sucked at drafting. We have 1 guy who looks like a star outside of a QB in Herndon & not having him today was a huge reason we lost. Well, the 4 points missed by the kicker were pretty big too.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

TJ Hockenson

5/124/1 on 6 targets

Best offensive player in the draft and we passed on him for another fat turd.

Unbelieveable

Geezuz f*cking Christ. 

Somebody go drag Mac’s dead body into the street, set it on fire, take a piss on it, rip off his dead skull and take a sh*t down his throat. 

We get it. 

He sucked. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Geezuz f*cking Christ. 

Somebody go drag Mac’s dead body into the street, set it on fire, take a piss on it, rip off his dead skull and take a sh*t down his throat. 

We get it. 

He sucked. 

Can you leave Christ out of it, thanks.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Geezuz f*cking Christ. 

We get it. 

He sucked. 

I would if I could. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m at a loss as to how Mac could have worked in the NFL for so many years and not understood how to build through the draft. He was so bad that he could not have done worse even if he was trying to screw up.

How any NFL GM could so completely ignore the OL is astoundingly stupid. Unprecedented. And as to the guys he did pick, today, spare Maye, did nothing when it mattered. Neither Williams did anything, and don't care about Q getting hurt, he did nothing before that. And Adams was AWFUL today. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Can you leave Christ out of it, thanks.

He is my Lord and Savior. I apologize. 

I will say 3 Our Father’s and 4 Hail Mary’s. 

37 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Can our "fat turd" play a game before we call him a bust?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

he played today, even though it was hard to tell lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Impossible to win if you don’t draft well

we have had way too many Lees, Millners, Leos, Kyle Wilsons, Devins, Ardrius Stewart’s and Polites

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

How any NFL GM could so completely ignore the OL is astoundingly stupid. Unprecedented. And as to the guys he did pick, today, spare Maye, did nothing when it mattered. Neither Williams did anything, and don't care about Q getting hurt, he did nothing before that. And Adams was AWFUL today. 

Adams is so overrated by the media and Jets fans

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Impossible to win if you don’t draft well

we have had way too many Lees, Millners, Leos, Kyle Wilsons, Devins, Ardrius Stewart’s and Polites

Don't you dare forget the Hack. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is so overrated by the media and Jets fans

Obviously Mac passed on Watson and Mahomes but the safety the Colts took is better too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

So much misplaced anger I'm seeing..

• "Joe Douglas needs to pay"
  • "Sam is soft" 
  • "This is all Khalil's fault"

Lol, what nonsense... Guess what - this is what selecting 14 Dlinemen in the last 8 drafts gets you. This is what passing on Centers and Tackles for 3rd round OLBs gets you. This is what paying Quincy to be your starting Z looks like... this is what happens when you don't draft a WR in the 1st since 2001... the list goes on and on and on...  Mercs and band aides. 

Lets recap

• Our in-house Oline consists of an overpaid RG and JAG RT.
  • our 2 RBs are paid FAs (got to be a first in NFL history)
  • our WR was invisible today, except for the hired help held to catch 5 yard dunks. 
  • Despite spending a country's net gross in draft capital on defensive front seven prospect, the only guy who showed up was FA. 
  • Our TEs are ballin' 

Meanwhile:

• Week 1 Rookies Hollywood Brown and DK Metcalf are already better than any Jets WRs... but who needs to draft skill players when you can just over pay for FAs

You don't draft well, you don't win... End of story. 

Sticky this please!!

• Like 1

If there was a trade back and we didn’t do it because it only netted us a second, that would hurt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I HATE MAC!

Hate him more than Idzik, this joke of a GM was a former scout and outside of a couple moves (Darnold, Robbie, Herndon, etc) he was a f'in joke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great OP.  We need to hope that the new GM drafts well the next couple of years, or it's not getting any better.  

This is a 2-3 year rebuild, minimum.  This year is an evaluate and purge year; this never was going to be a playoff team. I'm not happy about the loss today, but I'm not the slightest bit surprised.

• Upvote 3