Paying the Piper: YEARS of POOR DRAFTING

Paradis

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Jets were up 16-0 and forced 4 turnovers. 

So the fck what? You of ALL ppl should know what the bigger picture is here. You come at me with this myopic sh*t? It’s a game of whack a mole until we stop burning 3/4 of our draft picks on Ardarius Stewarts and Jachai Polites. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Paradis said:

So the fck what? You of ALL ppl should know what the bigger picture is here. You come at me with this myopic sh*t? It’s a game of whack a mole until we stop burning 3/4 of our draft picks on Ardarius Stewarts and Jachai Polites. 

Our defense got shredded by supposedly the worst qb in the nfl after Mosely got injured

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Who are you yelling and cursing at, cutie pie? 

The team was good enough to get a 16-0 and force 4 turnovers.  Talent isn’t the reason they lost today.  It’s the reason they’re far from contenders duh but today’s loss?  No.  This was a choke job by a terribly coached team and the kicker who was -4, should have never been signed.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Best post I've seen since the game. Mac has absolutely ****ed us. 

Honest to god I'll be fine with a 2020 draft consisting entirely of O-linemen and Cornerbacks. 

It’ll be close to a DECADE in total until the stench and the damage that idiot Maccagnan has inflicted will be totally cleansed....and that’s ONLY if things go “better than average”, like hitting multiple middle draft picks.  

Every time this year when you see the D getting torched because there in less than zero depth...think Maccagnan...and that will carry over many more years.  On Offense too.

But you can’t even blame Maccagnan his buddy Casserly was able to con the owner and sneak the dolt Houston was about to Fire through the backdoor.

How Maccagnan and slow-motion Bowles “won” their interviews with the Jets just boggles the mind.

Can you imagine say Jerry Jones hiring either of those two for those specific jobs?  He wouldn’t even look at their resumes, after hearing them speak 30 seconds he’d smile, thank them and then show them the door.  He would innately KNOW what they were.

• Upvote 1

Who are you yelling and cursing at, cutie pie? 
The team was good enough to get a 16-0 and force 4 turnovers.  Talent isn’t the reason they lost today.  It’s the reason they’re far from contenders duh but today’s loss?  No.  This was a choke job by a terribly coached team and the kicker who was -4, should have never been signed.  

The minute Mosley went down, the defense turned into a pedestrian unit. And that’s putting it kindly.
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, GATA said:

It’s been a decade and we haven’t been able to put together a decent OL for a QB.

Bigger concern right now is not a losing season, it is getting Sam shell-shocked OR broken and ruining him.

David Carr or Andrew Luck style.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bigger concern right now is not a losing season, it is getting Sam shell-shocked OR broken and ruining him.

This is what happens when you go four straight drafts without selecting an offensive lineman in rounds 1-4. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

? agreed it’s a frightening thought 

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

look at this way -- below is a list of our marquee starters:

• QB: Darnold
  • RB: L. Bell
  • LT: Beachum
  • WR1: Crowder
  • CB1: Tru Johnson
  • LB1: CJ Mosley
  • DLine1: Henry Anderson
  • C1: Khalil
  • G1: Osemele
  • OLB1: Jenkins, i guess?

Bolded FAs.

Is that make it clear enough? 

you forgot adams, maye, leo and q williams.

the big issue remains the oline.  it's ridiculous.  darnold had no time and they didn't call any plays that are usually used to negate the pass rush like screens.  i'm not so sure putting kalil in over harrison was the right move.

on the other hand, the defense played pretty well until mosley went out and bell doesn't seem to have lost a step.  imagine if he got decent blocking.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Name one big play any of them made yesterday. 

q williams had a nice play pushing the bills center back enabling a stop.  it may have been on a 3rd and short or 4th and 1 play.  leo did play well by keeping allen in the pocket. yeah i get that allen gashed them on runs but that's the way he plays.

and the posting was about the number of marquee players that aren't free agents on the team, not what they did yesterday.

Buffalos game plan of rushing 5 was possible because they have the secondary to do it + they know our Oline is a weakness. Sam was never comfortable & lost his composure by backpedaling when he didn't need to. The Bills D got in his head & if he doesn't unnecessarily backpedal on the throw to Robbie he wins the game & he's a hero. 

But he didn't & give credit to the Bills defense. That's what pressure does to a QB. The only time Brady gets beat is by PRESSURE. Sam was constantly under pressure yesterday & was mentally fatigued by it. Allen on the other side got barely any pressure in that 4th quarter. Swap QBs in that game & the Bills win handily. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

q williams had a nice play pushing the bills center back enabling a stop.  it may have been on a 3rd and short or 4th and 1 play.  leo did play well by keeping allen in the pocket. yeah i get that allen gashed them on runs but that's the way he plays.

and the posting was about the number of marquee players that aren't free agents on the team, not what they did yesterday.

You and I might have a different definition of “marquee”.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You and I might have a different definition of “marquee”.

i don't think so.  the original poster defined marquee.  not really a term i'd use outside of bell and mosley.  the rest of the free agents are good players and a step up from the guys they replaced but that about all they are.

Any number of people can negotiate contracts. A GM’s top job is to find talent in the draft. Macc was as embarrassing failure. Even signing Bell and Mosley deserves very little credit, seeing as those positions were only “needs” due to his focusing elsewhere and whiffing all over four drafts. The only good, non-obvious move he made as GM was trading early with the Colts.

• Upvote 3

Biggest Macc mistake that’s gonna hurt going forward for near future and there is million .. was paying Quincy . Dude literally gets Zero separation tbh and I blew off this take when somebody said it during the off-season I agree now. He isn’t good as outside receiver.

• Sympathy 1