"Mulitple" Dolphins Have Demanded A Trade

Irish Jet

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This barely compares to how they played in Marino's final game.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It was brutal. It looked like those highlight reels in a college blowout. All kinds of time for Jackson, WR's running 5-6 yards free. Crazy. 0-16 truly on the cards.

Yes, Marino's last game was brutal.  I joyfully remember it.   This was a lil different.  The players were literally walking around.  Avoiding contact.  The Fish lost this team when they traded Tunsil.

Long term it was probably a good trade for them.  The HC won't be here to see the fruits of it.  This team has quit before the first game of the season.

Sad

• Upvote 1

Bunch of malarkey.  When you're making 6 and 7 digits. You don't give a fu__  if you win. You also have no power. Sure,right? Demand to a billionaire  you want to a trade? You may never see another football field. 

Be honest with yourself. If I'm making a million a year or more, who gives a **** about a win? And guys making less  are expendable and wouldn't  be dumb enough to lose  that cash. And who likes moving to another godam city  every couple years??  I' rather be on a losing team. That's  one less month of pain and I still get paid.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

We like to hammer on the Pats as an organization which they fully  deserve but the other three teams in the AFC east have been such a rotating shi* show for 15 years that the Pats are essentially  handed the div title and favourable playoff seeds every stinking year.

The norm for the AFC east is the pats, one promising team that is not there yet that will regress, one major disappointment of a team and one garbage rebuilding team.  They are essentially handed a 5-1 div record minimum each and every year.

The NFL should go to a draft lottery.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We like to hammer on the Pats as an organization which they fully  deserve but the other three teams in the AFC east have been such a rotating shi* show for 15 years that the Pats are essentially  handed the div title and favourable playoff seeds every stinking year.

The norm for the AFC east is the pats, one promising team that is not there yet that will regress, one major disappointment of a team and one garbage rebuilding team.  They are essentially handed a 5-1 div record minimum each and every year.

The NFL should go to a draft lottery.

When was the last time NE drafted anywhere near the #1 pick in round 1. 

We've seen a lot of terrible teams over the years, Jets or otherwise... Like some teams you knew were going to struggle to win 1 game...

But I've never seen a team or coaching staff just sort of roll over like the Dolphins did. Usually you at least see some guys trying or a few playing hard... You see the coaches out there at least pushing their guys even if the FO is sabotaging things... But not yesterday. No one looked like they wanted to be on that field.

This could be the biggest tank job we've ever seen... 

And when they get traded to a team they don't like they will take a page out of the AB playbook and become such a problem as to get released then sign with the team they want. If they can play they will have offers no matter how big a problem. 

Didn't this happen in the NBA a few years ago, all the talent decided they wanted to play on one team to dominate and win championships hurting the league balance?  

Why demand a trade? Those days are over.

The league office has made it loud and clear that they are perfectly fine with players using a social media consultant, acting like a fool, using racist language, etc etc until your current employer has no choice but to void your contract.

Voila. Free agency. 

And since the league has also proven that they aren't interested in enforcing the salary cap (for one franchise in particular), why not jump on board?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Bunch of malarkey.  When you're making 6 and 7 digits. You don't give a fu__  if you win. You also have no power. Sure,right? Demand to a billionaire  you want to a trade? You may never see another football field. 

Be honest with yourself. If I'm making a million a year or more, who gives a **** about a win? And guys making less  are expendable and wouldn't  be dumb enough to lose  that cash. And who likes moving to another godam city  every couple years??  I' rather be on a losing team. That's  one less month of pain and I still get paid.  

Six digits?  I can barely afford my suburban home.