"Mulitple" Dolphins Have Demanded A Trade

Irish Jet

Well if they can prove it let the league act on it. Because if teams tank it really hurts the brand and the product esp in those markets. I know some of our fans wanted us to tank but they are wrong. I want a competitive team even if they don't make the playoffs.  And sometimes long shots make the playoffs. Plus the overall no. 1 doesn't guarantee anything. The NBA tried to do something about it by using a lottery. But if the Fins are investigated and proven guilty then either take away their reason for tanking---strip their number one pick. Or at the least take away their position in the first round and give them the last pick. Then no tanking. It's bad for the NFL when players are revolting because of management trying to purposely lose. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, flgreen said:

I live in Dolphins country.  The Fish game was right on beside the Jets game.  There were quite a few Fish fans.  It was like a morgue.  That was truly the worst game of football I have ever seen played by a team.  The Fish fans were so disheartened, they didn't even taunt us at the end.  lol

The NFL has to get control of this "tank for a QB" thing real soon, or they are going to lose a lot of fans   

BTW:   Fitz today became the first QB to throw a TD for 8 different teams.  I actually applauded  for him.   Go Fitz.......................Don't want the Fish to get the first pick in the draft next year.  :)

Unfortunately, this may lead to a weighted lottery system like the NHL and NBA have.

13 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Bunch of malarkey.  When you're making 6 and 7 digits. You don't give a fu__  if you win. You also have no power. Sure,right? Demand to a billionaire  you want to a trade? You may never see another football field. 

Be honest with yourself. If I'm making a million a year or more, who gives a **** about a win? And guys making less  are expendable and wouldn't  be dumb enough to lose  that cash. And who likes moving to another godam city  every couple years??  I' rather be on a losing team. That's  one less month of pain and I still get paid.  

You been hitting that liquor hard today

• Upvote 1

The league should absolutely step in and make them forfeit their first draft pick.  It’s one thing to rebuild, but this is blatant tanking and it should not be tolerated.   It completely hurts the brand and will he copied by other teams going forward unless the league starts penalizing teams for intentionally being uncompetitive or implements an NBA style lottery system that disincentives teams from doing it.

I hate the Dolphins and have enjoyed their impressive streak of irrelevance, so I hope this completely blows up on them.

Just now, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

The league should absolutely step in and make them forfeit their first draft pick.  It’s one thing to rebuild, but this is blatant tanking and it should not be tolerated.   It completely hurts the brand and will he copied by other teams going forward unless the league starts penalizing teams for intentionally being uncompetitive or implements an NBA style lottery system that disincentives teams from doing it.

I hate the Dolphins and have enjoyed their impressive streak of irrelevance, so I hope this completely blows up on them.

Prefer they punish Pats for obvious scheme to get AB

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

The only way to stop tanking is to institute a draft lottery like the nba

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

You been hitting that liquor hard today

It' common sense. I had one beer yesterday. Didn't  even like it.  Pyramid IPA ,too  bitter or something,  too ..I don' know, I'm not a beer snob...one beer and I'm tired.

All that rah rah crap, is just crap. Pay me a million , pay anyone  a million  and you don't  care about winning. None of the Jets care if winning makes joe fan happy or not

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Prefer they punish Pats for obvious scheme to get AB

My friends and I were talking about just this today....

If the NFL lets AB pull the crap he pulled in OAK without any penalty from the league, what's to keep any other player from pulling the same nonsense?

Make crazy petitions to the NFL for uniform exceptions, Goad the GM into an argument/threat of physical confrontation, illegally record the HC's phone call, go on social media with a campaign...plead for a release.

Then, sign where you want.

Can't believe the NFL just sat by and allowed AB to sign with another team without some 'punishment' involved.

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

It' common sense. I had one beer yesterday. Didn't  even like it.  Pyramid IPA ,too  bitter or something,  too ..I don' know, I'm not a beer snob...one beer and I'm tired.

All that rah rah crap, is just crap. Pay me a million , pay anyone  a million  and you don't  care about winning. None of the Jets care if winning makes joe fan happy or not

That’s the thing about common sense, not very common at all.

14 hours ago, section314 said:

Unfortunately, this may lead to a weighted lottery system like the NHL and NBA have.

First, why "unfortunately"?

Second, why is that the only alternative?

Reward winners, not losers. Reverse the order of the draft. Give the SB winner the 1st pick, and the worst team the last pick. Watch how tanking stops immediately.