Stadium atmosphere.

johnnyjet

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

So fireman Ed was back today.  Leading the Jets chant on the big screens with the two other guys sharing the screen.  Dumb.  Anytime the de-fence chant was tried it failed, no one did it.  Lotta bills fans in the dump also.  I hate the stadium. Bland blah and generic.  Just not getting an electric feeling in this place...never have. 

who cares? not me.

• Haha 1

Very quiet game at the stadium. (I am in Sec 121) there were loads of Bills fans. It will be heavily loaded this year with visitor’s fans. Eagle, Cowboy, Raider, Steeler, Patriot and Giant fans travel well and will be out in force.

At least the Bill’s fans are generally good natured and fun to talk to.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

So fireman Ed was back today.  Leading the Jets chant on the big screens with the two other guys sharing the screen.  Dumb.  Anytime the de-fence chant was tried it failed, no one did it.  Lotta bills fans in the dump also.  I hate the stadium. Bland blah and generic.  Just not getting an electric feeling in this place...never have. 

Yup.

Ed ruined the atmosphere, as expected.  Probably cost us the win too.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

How many BTUs did the stadium emit today?

image.png.5b4df7ca4214d7e6bf3cb3e31edfec50.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SpankyJohnson said:

Watching on t.v. it seemed quiet.  Also looked like plenty of empty seats. 4th quarter you could definitely hear Buffalo fans tho. 

We were very loud.  Get a new TV.

The "empty seats" are the Coaches Club seats which go empty because their owners pay for the privilege to stand down on the field right behind the bench- which they always do.

The stadium was full and rocking.  When we fell behind, yes, we were subdued.  And the thing the Jets and you prezel eating basement dwellers don't understand is how exhausting it is to "MAKE NOISE!" on every 3rd down all game when the O is going three-and-out so often.  It's like a workout.  After 2 hours, we get a little weary.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The "empty seats" are the Coaches Club seats which go empty because their owners pay for the privilege to stand down on the field right behind the bench- which they always do.

The stadium was full and rocking.  When we fell behind, yes, we were subdued.  And the thing the Jets and you prezel eating basement dwellers don't understand is how exhausting it is to "MAKE NOISE!" on every 3rd down all game when the O is going three-and-out so often.  It's like a workout.  After 2 hours, we get a little weary.

SAR I

Must be out of shape.

• Haha 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How many BTUs did the stadium emit today?

B6-D0-BB47-16-BB-4-C9-A-8-C56-13-DC7-F90

The stadium looks like a skycraper and the skyline of Manhattan.

For decades you whine about having a stadium with a physical connection to the city it represents.  And it does.  So you complain about that too.

SAR I

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Musr be out of shape.

Or tired of getting to the stadium at 11AM and being asked to do physical labor for 3 hours instead of just sitting there and being entertained like every other fanbase in the NFL.

Making noise on 3rd downs is less than 1% of what forces a punt.  It would be nice if the defense could get the job done and get off the field themselves every now and then.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

B6-D0-BB47-16-BB-4-C9-A-8-C56-13-DC7-F90

The stadium looks like a skycraper and the skyline of Manhattan.

For decades you whine about having a stadium with a physical connection to the city it represents.  And it does.  So you complain about that too.

SAR I

Give me one example where I've whined/complained about the stadium not having a physical connection to the city it represents.

22 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Seemed like it was electric on TV. Crowd sounded loud.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I've seen you defend the stadium before, but boy you're really reaching here.

We get it, you have season tickets and invested in a PSL.  You want to feel good about it.

But sorry, this stadium sucks as far as a home field advantage goes.

I'm not reaching.

I don't need to feel good about money I spent in 2008.  That's 11 years ago for those playing along.

I've been to road games in 9 different NFL stadiums and we are on par with everyone else, no louder, no quieter, no easier, no harder.  If anything, all these years of sucking makes the fact that we are Top 3 in the NFL in attendance ever since MetLife opened an amazing accomplishment.

But you just keep sh:tting on your team and your fellow fans.  Defeatist Mets fans are like that.  Pathetic.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Thank you STUBHUB  .

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or tired of getting to the stadium at 11AM and being asked to do physical labor for 3 hours instead of just sitting there and being entertained like every other fanbase in the NFL.

Making noise on 3rd downs is less than 1% of what forces a punt.  It would be nice if the defense could get the job done and get off the field themselves every now and then.

SAR I

you are 100 percent correct here sir!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Then what do we need you for?

Let me clarify something.  Let me clear up a myth:  The fans in the stadium don't have a job.  We're not here to help the Jets or make basement TV facepainters happy.  We're not here to cheer military veterans or first responders. 

Like you, we want to want to watch the game and be left alone.  We just like spending money and sitting outside.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

LOL, nice. That was good. 

You didn't stop by the tailgate.

Yeah, it was the one positive from today's game.  Same 'ol Jets, same 'ol Ed.

Apologies about the tailgate.  My son just started his first year of college and rented a car to drive 3 hours to the game and I wound up needing to guide him to our parking spots in Lot E via the back way by the Hilton and the Izod.  Next time.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me clarify something.  Let me clear up a myth:  The fans in the stadium don't have a job.  We're not here to help the Jets or make basement TV facepainters happy.  We're not here to cheer military veterans or first responders. 

Like you, we want to want to watch the game and be left alone.  We just like spending money and sitting outside.

SAR I

So in other words. all of your bitching about how much money you spend on tickets is just vanity?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Image result for whoa gifs
  • Haha 1