Stadium atmosphere.

johnnyjet

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Jets don't need to sell 1 ticket for the NFL and the Jets to be profitable.Math is hard. 

We're not talking about profitability.  We're talking about which type of fan helps the Jets more with his wallet.  Revenue sharing of TV contracts and official merchandise goes equally to all teams, but what makes the Jets ownership more likely to spend money on things like facilities, coaches, trainers, transportation, relocation, health care, family acceptance, and all the non-cap elements is what makes us an attractive destination.

Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosely are here because season ticket holder money made Florham Park a world-class facility.   Adam Gase, Gregg Williams, and Joe Douglas are here because season ticket holder money made their salaries comfortable.  Things are quite different for poor franchises like Miami and Jacksonville.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We were very loud.  Get a new TV.

The "empty seats" are the Coaches Club seats which go empty because their owners pay for the privilege to stand down on the field right behind the bench- which they always do.

The stadium was full and rocking.  When we fell behind, yes, we were subdued.  And the thing the Jets and you prezel eating basement dwellers don't understand is how exhausting it is to "MAKE NOISE!" on every 3rd down all game when the O is going three-and-out so often.  It's like a workout.  After 2 hours, we get a little weary.

SAR I

I disagree with you about a great many things, but this is pretty accurate. There was a high energy atmosphere for the first quarter and DURING THE JETS CHANT lol 

But how many times can we be expected to get up at the sound of a siren or a lighted sign to "wave your Flags" when the Offense is stagnant and doing very little?  I can only imagine how the actual Defense felt after nabbing 4 turnovers and scoring 8 pts for the team today.  It's not easy out there. lol

I will add that I think the stadium is a little harder to be thunderous with the design. Seems like a lot of the sound goes out the top or something. I don't know. :)  Tough game today. Just got home to VA 10 min ago ...and I left immediately following the game. I'm shot the F out! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

But how many times can we be expected to get up at the sound of a siren or a lighted sign to "wave your Flags" when the Offense is stagnant and doing very little?  I can only imagine how the actual Defense felt after nabbing 4 turnovers and scoring 8 pts for the team today.  It's not easy out there. lol

By the third quarter, that damn siren is the worst.  All it means is "work".  The Bills were in 3rd down 10 times today, add to that a few penalties and a few big second downs and there were 18 times we were asked to stand up, clap our hands, scream, bang stuff.....I'm tired of it.  I'm burned out on the SIREN + MAKE NOISE + STAND UP drill.  And it's only Week 1.  By Week 10, screw the players, I want to hit someone.

Just once, can't the Jets get a stop without our help?  It's been 10 years of this and it doesn't seem to help at all.  It's almost like the football players have to stop the other football players, you know, themselves.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

We had 4 turnovers and 6 points which were scored by the defense.

Since when is an absent offense really good?

BC76-F50-C-98-FE-4502-A7-E2-BEB7-ED6443-

We had a lead in the 4th quarter and the defense didn't hold it.  That's all that matters.  If the defense did their jobs late in the game, we get a 4th down stop, we get the ball back, we kill the clock, we win this game 16-10.  They get paid to make 4th quarter drive-killing plays.  How we got that lead doesn't matter.  Losing that lead, does.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

By the third quarter, that damn siren is the worst.  All it means is "work".  The Bills were in 3rd down 10 times today, add to that a few penalties and a few big second downs and there were 18 times we were asked to stand up, clap our hands, scream, bang stuff.....I'm tired of it.  I'm burned out on the SIREN + MAKE NOISE + STAND UP drill.

Just once, can't the Jets get a stop without our help?  It's been 10 years of this and it doesn't seem to help at all.  It's almost like the football players have to stop the other football players, you know, themselves.

SAR I

I watched the game outside a packed Jets bar in brutal heat, I stood, screamed and banged things all game, that didn't help either.

It took me 15 minutes to get there and back, and cost me $21 for beer, $5 of that was a tip.

Oh and I got a nice tan.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

By the third quarter, that damn siren is the worst.  All it means is "work".  The Bills were in 3rd down 10 times today, add to that a few penalties and a few big second downs and there were 18 times we were asked to stand up, clap our hands, scream, bang stuff.....I'm tired of it.  I'm burned out on the SIREN + MAKE NOISE + STAND UP drill.  And it's only Week 1.  By Week 10, screw the players, I want to hit someone.

SAR I

lol 

Right ?   Good stuff. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I watched the game outside a packed Jets bar in brutal heat, I stood, screamed and banged things all game, that didn't help either.

It took me 15 minutes to get there and back, and cost me $21 for beer, $5 of that was a tip.

Oh and I got a nice tan.

That is great, really happy for you and thank you for sharing all of this. Means a lot.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

BC76-F50-C-98-FE-4502-A7-E2-BEB7-ED6443-

We had a lead in the 4th quarter and the defense didn't hold it.  That's all that matters.  If the defense did their jobs late in the game, we get a 4th down stop, we get the ball back, we kill the clock, we win this game 16-10.  They get paid to make 4th quarter drive-killing plays.  How we got that lead doesn't matter.  Losing that lead, does.

SAR I

If only we had more "real fans."

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let me clarify something.  Let me clear up a myth:  The Jets "home" is New Jersey.  We were in New York for 23 years.  We've been in New Jersey for 35.  Shea Stadium fans who were 50 in 1983 are 87 years old now, they're not going to Jets games, most of them are no longer with us.

Look at the license plates in the MetLife parking lot.  80% are from New Jersey.  Because that's actually our home.  The New York thing is just smart marketing.  You sell more t-shirts and jerseys in London and Hong Kong when you represent the most famous city in the world. 

SAR I

1. Would you rather have the stadium in NY?

2. NJ is not our home it’s a patch of land that happens to have space. 

• Sympathy 1

B6-D0-BB47-16-BB-4-C9-A-8-C56-13-DC7-F90-BAF8.jpg&key=98b3f4045b5e47e023756ce48806755433e1c89633226f79b0059aeb877e4a38
The stadium looks like a skycraper and the skyline of Manhattan.
For decades you whine about having a stadium with a physical connection to the city it represents.  And it does.  So you complain about that too.
SAR I
Looks like a Maytag air conditioner to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

I showed up at 7:15 am and the line to get in was already pretty long.  By the time the lots opened at 8 I’m pretty sure traffic was backed up to route 3.  The fans were pumped and to be honest I wouldn’t have guessed there were many Bills fans there until the fourth quarter.   The Jets collapsed and wore the fans out.  There’s only so many third downs in a row you can get pumped for when the defense is on the field.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I agree with you.  Years like Geno and games like Buffalo definitely make me reconsider the amount of time and money I spend on the Jets.  My youngest son had a 8AM game this morning and we went straight from there to MetLife and didn't get home until 5:30. 

When I was in my 20's, going to a Jets game was a magical experience.  Too often in recent years, it feels like work.  Everyone at the stadium wants something.  STAND UP FOR LUPUS!  CHEER FOR THIS MILITARY VET!  BUY A 50/50 RAFFLE TICKET FOR CHARITY!  DO THE CHANT!  MAKE NOISE! 

Joe Nolan might be the reason I someday give up my seats.  He's like a panhandler.  A very loud panhandler. 

SAR I

Agree. But reality is every sports franchise does this kind of minor league stuff. If you go to the game, you will be dealing with this. It's geared to "casual fans", not diehards. Again the Jets make a profit before they sell a ticket, but also with the PSL collapse they're moving away from a STH model to selling tickets game to game. And that means getting casual fans to the stadium for games like yesterday without a marquee opponent. You already bought in. The people that bought a ticket on Thursday, the jets want them to come back again. And their marketing thinks all the peripheral nonsense sells to those people. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not reaching.

I don't need to feel good about money I spent in 2008.  That's 11 years ago for those playing along.

I've been to road games in 9 different NFL stadiums and we are on par with everyone else, no louder, no quieter, no easier, no harder.  If anything, all these years of sucking makes the fact that we are Top 3 in the NFL in attendance ever since MetLife opened an amazing accomplishment.

But you just keep sh:tting on your team and your fellow fans.  Defeatist Mets fans are like that.  Pathetic.

SAR I

I am a psl owner too (bet I have better seats than SAR).

I feel like crap today - all these years of being a psl holder - when are we finally going to host a playoff game or two.  Certainly doesn't look like anytime soon.

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

1. Would you rather have the stadium in NY?

2. NJ is not our home it’s a patch of land that happens to have space. 

1.  No.  When relocating back to the NYC area, one of the reasons I chose Bergen County is because of its proximity to MetLife Stadium and the PSL seats I wanted my family to enjoy from when my kids were 9 in 2010 until they are 39 in 2040.

2.  With 30% of the Jets fanbase from NJ in the Shea days to 80% of the Jets fanbase in NJ for the last 35 years, New Jersey is the Jets home.  "New York" is just a logo on a polyester jersey for marketing purposes. 

3.  The Jets would be in New York right now if New York wanted them.  In '83 New York and the Mets told us to get lost when Leon Hess wanted upgrades and fair treatment.  In '04 New York and the Knicks told us to get lost when Woody Johnson tried to build a palace.  At the same time, New Jersey has been welcoming and cooperative and extremely fair to both teams.  New York is the enemy, not New Jersey.  The Jets shouldn't move; you should.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Yeah the Bills fans were loud. 

Where did you watch the game yesterday?

You know, if you were in a seat in MetLife then a Bills fan wouldn't have been and you could have been making all the loud noise you like.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Disagree. I think there weren’t that many bills fan. The usual amount for a close geographic team but not overwhelming. Moreover of course they get loud once they started rolling our D

+1

And road fans at NFL games has been a thing for 8 years now, a strong economy, affordable flights, and Stubhub has completely changed everything.  There are more Jets fans making noise in Buffalo than there are Buffalo fans making noise in New York, it works both ways.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  No.  When relocating back to the NYC area, one of the reasons I chose Bergen County is because of its proximity to MetLife Stadium and the PSL seats I wanted my family to enjoy from when my kids were 9 in 2010 until they are 39 in 2040.

2.  With 30% of the Jets fanbase from NJ in the Shea days to 80% of the Jets fanbase in NJ for the last 35 years, New Jersey is the Jets home.  "New York" is just a logo on a polyester jersey for marketing purposes. 

3.  The Jets would be in New York right now if New York wanted them.  In '83 New York and the Mets told us to get lost when Leon Hess wanted upgrades and fair treatment.  In '04 New York and the Knicks told us to get lost when Woody Johnson tried to build a palace.  At the same time, New Jersey has been welcoming and cooperative and extremely fair to both teams.  New York is the enemy, not New Jersey.  The Jets shouldn't move; you should.

SAR I

I can get to the stadium from my house it's not about the distance it's about the identity. I cringe every time an announcer says "here at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford New Jersey." We are called the New York Jets not the NJ Jets. The stadium sucks it's literally an air conditioner. Woody needs to sell to a real fan.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

This is going to be a very long season for ticket holders. Make it a fun year anyway SAR ... Perhaps Cornhole games behind the bench might help ?? Dunno.

This is going to be a great year.  Yesterday was an unfortunate blip.

1991: Opened 1-3, made the playoffs at 8-8.

1998: Lost the first two games, started 0-2, made the playoffs at 12-4.

2001: Lost first game, started 1-2, made the playoffs at 10-6.

2002: Opened 1-4, won the division and made the playoffs at 9-7.

2009: Opened 4-6, made the playoffs at 9-7.

2010: Lost first game, won the next 5, made the playoffs at 11-5.

Getting off to a crappy start and finishing strong has been a Jets playoff hallmark for the last 30 years.

SAR I

The stadium atmosphere was fine yesterday.  On par for a home opener.  It got very, very loud at big moments when the team was on defense, and then the usual morose, depressing-as-sh*t cloud of misery fell over the entire place once the shoe started to drop.  The Bills fans were pretty damn quiet all day, until about... hmm.... 4 mins left in the game?

I think one of the biggest flaws of the stadium that doesn't get talked about as much is gameday presentation.  It's gotten downright obnoxious.  Maybe the atmosphere would be "better" and the fans would be louder during defensive series if we weren't CONSTANTLY f***ing bombarded with sensory overload nonsense throughout the entirety of a commercial break.  HEYYY LOOK OVER HERE WE'RE GIVING AWAY BAGS OF POTATO CHIPS!  Hey listen to this horrible mash-up of Ozzy Osbourne and Lil Nas X at 120 decibels!   HEY now let's sing JOURNEY!!

@Jets I have an idea:  shut the f up during commercial breaks, play a song, and let everyone re-group.

Also, I peered over at SAR's seats at one point and I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.  Probably sold his seats, methinks.

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, talonmm said:

I am a psl owner too (bet I have better seats than SAR).

I feel like crap today - all these years of being a psl holder - when are we finally going to host a playoff game or two.  Certainly doesn't look like anytime soon.

Hang in there, talon.  Good times are coming.  Sooner than you think.

You know how people were saying "what worries me about the Jets is that there starting OL hasn't played a down together yet"?  Well, that actually happened and it blew up everything Darnold and Gase had planned against a very stout Buffalo front seven.  And despite this, we would have won the game if not for a kicker who can't kick and an injury to our MLB.  If the kicker makes one measly FG, we would be on top of the world right now talking about a ball-hawking Top 5 defense, Bell not missing a beat, Mosely being the best FA pickup in the NFL, etc.  All that happened.  It's still all good.

We're going to beat the Browns, split with the Eagles and Cowboys.  Patriots, who knows, I've seen worse Jets teams upset B&B up there many times. 

Keep the faith.  It's going to be a great season.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I can get to the stadium from my house it's not about the distance it's about the identity. I cringe every time an announcer says "here at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford New Jersey." We are called the New York Jets not the NJ Jets. The stadium sucks it's literally an air conditioner. Woody needs to sell to a real fan.

I don't know when this civil war between New York and New Jersey began in your head, but it's never been that way in my circle of friends and family.  I never hear about it on the news, either. 

Here in NJ I live closer to Manhattan now than I did when I lived on Long Island.  I bet I live closer to Manhattan now than you do.  "Broadway" Joe.  You know.  Manhattan.  From which, MetLife Stadium is 7 miles away.  Huntington, as an example, is 35.

SAR I