Stadium atmosphere.

johnnyjet

18 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I think one of the biggest flaws of the stadium that doesn't get talked about as much is gameday presentation.  It's gotten downright obnoxious.  Maybe the atmosphere would be "better" and the fans would be louder during defensive series if we weren't CONSTANTLY f***ing bombarded with sensory overload nonsense throughout the entirety of a commercial break.  HEYYY LOOK OVER HERE WE'RE GIVING AWAY BAGS OF POTATO CHIPS!  Hey listen to this horrible mash-up of Ozzy Osbourne and Lil Nas X at 120 decibels!   HEY now let's sing JOURNEY!!

@Jets I have an idea:  shut the f up during commercial breaks, play a song, and let everyone re-group.

+1000

I've been preaching this for 7+ years now, the fans wear out because our senses don't catch a break during the actual breaks.  So, ironically, the only time we can get some quiet time to even clearly hear the people sitting two seats down from us is during game action.  The PA team is literally burning out the fans.  We've got no energy late in the game when you'd guess they'd want us to the most.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1000

I've been preaching this for 7+ years now, the fans wear out because our senses don't catch a break during the actual breaks.  So, ironically, the only time we can get some quiet time to even clearly hear the people sitting two seats down from us is during game action.  The PA team is literally burning out the fans.  We've got no energy late in the game when you'd guess they'd want us to the most.

SAR I

I agree with you entirely.  I'm going to take a shower.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1000

SAR I

100% on-the-money.  

• Upvote 2

B6-D0-BB47-16-BB-4-C9-A-8-C56-13-DC7-F90-BAF8.jpg&key=98b3f4045b5e47e023756ce48806755433e1c89633226f79b0059aeb877e4a38

The stadium looks like a skycraper and the skyline of Manhattan.

For decades you whine about having a stadium with a physical connection to the city it represents.  And it does.  So you complain about that too.

SAR I

The stadium is hideous and it’s in nasty ass NJ. It should be in Queens

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The stadium sucks, always has and always will.  Not a good place for sound as it is too open with very few over hangs.  The entering and exiting process is a mess as they have to create exit lanes and close off walkways when entering.  One would think that the stadium would have been designed for easy in and out.  Not this one.

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't know when this civil war between New York and New Jersey began in your head, but it's never been that way in my circle of friends and family.  I never hear about it on the news, either. 

Here in NJ I live closer to Manhattan now than I did when I lived on Long Island.  I bet I live closer to Manhattan now than you do.  "Broadway" Joe.  You know.  Manhattan.  From which, MetLife Stadium is 7 miles away.  Huntington, as an example, is 35.

SAR I

I have no hatred towards NJ (except the devils) but I just feel that if you’re going to name your team the New York Jets they should play in New York. Let’s agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

The stadium is hideous and it’s it’s nasty ass NJ. It should be in Queens

Demolitionqb.jpg

This is probably the funniest post I've ever read on JN.

Queens, New York, less nasty-ass than Bergen County, New Jersey.  LOL.  I've lived in both places.  You have no idea.

SAR I

Business involves driving through heart of Queens often. You know the Bronx and parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan are awful, but Queens is as bad as anyplace else in NYC.Now I spend a lot of time in Rockaway, which is part of Queens and is a great place. But drive up Woodhaven or  Queens or Hillside or Jamaica; disgusting, overbuilt, decrepit roads, nasty. Where the GCP meets the Van Wyck or Van Wyck meets the Belt or Cross Island meets LIE (where the Islanders by design want to put their arena, which is nuts) , ALWAYS clogged to crap. They're building huge apartments in LIC, and at a loss what rich person is going to pay millions to live there, no matter how good the view. You will pay through the nose to own a car, and there is nothing on the ground floor unless you like gyro carts and strip clubs.  You have pockets of nice like Little Neck or Forest Hills, but those are exactly not ugly overbuilt crap.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

Lol I must be missing something because I was in section 149 and everyone was standing up and cheering it didn't seem quiet till the Bills started scoring 

Devin Singletary quieted the stadium on those two deadly Bills drives.  Jets front 7 had no answer for him as I expected would happen.  Sure it would have been better with Mosley, but damn, the kid is a rookie and the Jets (as usual with rookie running backs) let him single-handedly put the Bills in the driver's seat.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

The entering and exiting process is a mess as they have to create exit lanes and close off walkways when entering.  One would think that the stadium would have been designed for easy in and out.  Not this one.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-04-at-2.51.54-PM.png

It depends on where you sit.  Those in a high row of the lower level have it tough because they have to walk down to get to an exit and then walk up again.  Those in the mezzanine have it easy because there are fewer seats and therefore far more exits, we breeze down a staircase and are out of the stadium and in the parking lot in about 3 minutes.

It was much worse at Giants Stadium because its open concourses allowed people to run around inside the stadium to get to the corner exit that was closest to their cars, I used to have people crashing into me all the time and it was scary to bring a child there, they'd get trampled.  MetLife is like 4 individual stadiums in that regard, each quarter of the stadium comes/goes from their own exits and thus each quarter has the same amount of people.  Not perfect, but Verizon would be overcrowded for all the people heading over there, Bud Light a ghost town since there is so little parking near it.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It depends on where you sit.  Those in a high row of the lower level have it tough because they have to walk down to get to an exit and then walk up again.  Those in the mezzanine have it easy because there are fewer seats and therefore far more exits, we breeze down a staircase and are out of the stadium and in the parking lot in about 3 minutes.

It was much worse at Giants Stadium because its open concourses allowed people to run around inside the stadium to get to the corner exit that was closest to their cars, I used to have people crashing into me all the time and it was scary to bring a child there, they'd get trampled.  MetLife is like 4 individual stadiums in that regard, each quarter of the stadium comes/goes from their own exits and thus each quarter has the same amount of people.  Not perfect, but Verizon would be overcrowded for all the people heading over there, Bud Light a ghost town since there is so little parking near it.

SAR I

Getting in and out of the stadium is so, so bad.  It's not debatable.  I've even put a complaint into code enforcement in NJ about it (yes, I'm turning into a cranky old man).  I think it's terrible mainly because they wanted to tuck away the escalators into the stadium, to make it look less ugly (spoiler: they failed at that).  The way you have to zig zag to get to the different escalators is an absolute nightmare and it will cause chaos if there's ever an emergency.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Getting in and out of the stadium is so, so bad.  It's not debatable.  I've even put a complaint into code enforcement in NJ about it (yes, I'm turning into a cranky old man).  I think it's terrible mainly because they wanted to tuck away the escalators into the stadium, to make it look less ugly (spoiler: they failed at that).  The way you have to zig zag to get to the different escalators is an absolute nightmare and it will cause chaos if there's ever an emergency.

At a loss how you build a stadium that has stairways, ramps and escalators empty directly into concourses. Looks like who ever designed this place had never been to a football game or a concert. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Where I sit in the Mezz they block off the lanes for the escalators and create a complete mess.  Its always been a complete joke.  

4 minutes ago, joewilly said:

So I read this whole thread this am and my takeaway is this: Kudo's to SAR1 and fans like him for their optimism & support of all things JETS.

I'll bet it was a fun 42 minutes of gametime at the stadium

Always fun when a D holds 17, and scores 8. Just sux when O can only score 8 in 60, that's real boring. Love the ST's play too, really don't want to see the punter though. Oh well.

34 minutes ago, joewilly said:

So I read this whole thread this am and my takeaway is this: Kudo's to SAR1 and fans like him for their optimism & support of all things JETS.

I'll bet it was a fun 42 minutes of gametime at the stadium

Once that 16-10 rolled in it was a change of atmosphere for sure

31 minutes ago, GATA said:

Once that 16-10 rolled in it was a change of atmosphere for sure

Yeah I felt my first twinge of uh oh when the extra pt clunked the upright. There was a real sinking feeling at 16 - 10 for sure.

Not sure how long you been a fan Gato but even these heartbreaking... what if type losses don't hurt as much these days........sad

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Hang in there, talon.  Good times are coming.  Sooner than you think.

You know how people were saying "what worries me about the Jets is that there starting OL hasn't played a down together yet"?  Well, that actually happened and it blew up everything Darnold and Gase had planned against a very stout Buffalo front seven.  And despite this, we would have won the game if not for a kicker who can't kick and an injury to our MLB.  If the kicker makes one measly FG, we would be on top of the world right now talking about a ball-hawking Top 5 defense, Bell not missing a beat, Mosely being the best FA pickup in the NFL, etc.  All that happened.  It's still all good.

We're going to beat the Browns, split with the Eagles and Cowboys.  Patriots, who knows, I've seen worse Jets teams upset B&B up there many times. 

Keep the faith.  It's going to be a great season.

SAR I

Thanks Sar,

I hope you're right, but this was a discouraging loss in so many ways, coupled with the news less than 24 hours earlier, that our nemesis got AB and once where we could dream of possibly competing for the division now seems impossible. 

Yes, the kicker lost it, but Gase made no adjustments, Darnold threw a potential game winning pass poorly, our new GM failed to find us a kicker the last few weeks, and on my drive home, I get to hear on ESPN radio about how our starters had not played together during the preseason.  Well didn't just about all other teams this preseason lack having most of their starters playing?  Seemed like it's only excuse for losing teams.

1 hour ago, joewilly said:

Yeah I felt my first twinge of uh oh when the extra pt clunked the upright. There was a real sinking feeling at 16 - 10 for sure.

Not sure how long you been a fan Gato (a) but even these heartbreaking... what if type losses don't hurt as much these days........sad

Fan like 23 yrs lol

But in all honestly, once that score board said 10 with time on the clock I felt it like a wave.

I couldn't even be that upset because I've seen it before letting go of double digit leads.  But this home opener I was so pumped for this outstanding change they're supposed to do with the O-Line and it's just not there.

Don't get me wrong I'll be watching next Monday but it was like a slap back to reality moment. Let's see what the rest of the season says. 

46 minutes ago, GATA said:

Fan like 23 yrs lol

But in all honestly, once that score board said 10 with time on the clock I felt it like a wave.

I couldn't even be that upset because I've seen it before letting go of double digit leads.  But this home opener I was so pumped for this outstanding change they're supposed to do with the O-Line and it's just not there.

Don't get me wrong I'll be watching next Monday but it was like a slap back to reality moment. Let's see what the rest of the season says. 

I hear ya on the hard slap to reality. This year marks 50 yrs of jet fandom for me. I was 12 for super bowl 3. For me it's like getting a whoopin from the parents. The 1st few were horrific but then it becomes just an unpleasant fact of life.

• Upvote 1

put a good team on the field and jet fans are loud it is simple as that-the fact that they have not won a ring since joe they should be thankful anybody even goes to the game

as far as atmosphere goes-the cheap gimmick things like the t shirt launches and the dumb contests for stupid prizes should go.....

• Upvote 2

Just now, kmnj said:

put a good team on the field and jet fans are loud it is simple as that-the fact that they have not won a ring since joe they should be thankful anybody even goes to the game

as far as atmosphere goes-the cheap gimmick things like the t shirt launches and the dumb contests for stupid prizes should go.....

Don't forget those chinsy Jets flags or joke of a towel they give out. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't forget those chinsy Jets flags or joke of a towel they give out. 

What's worse are the t-shirts launched into the stands at TV timeouts.  People kill each other for them, fans who don't get them shot their way get discouraged because of them.  The t-shirt is paper-thin and an advertisement for a swimming pool company.  It's something you wouldn't want to give to your enemy.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What's worse are the t-shirts launched into the stands at TV timeouts.  People kill each other for them, fans who don't get them shot their way get discouraged because of them.  The t-shirt is paper-thin and an advertisement for a swimming pool company.  It's something you wouldn't want to give to your enemy.

SAR I

I agree you cant even use it to wash your car they are so flimsy probably cost the NY Jets .99 cents. 

Fans deserve better than this. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

I agree 100% , entertain us with football , not all the other ancillary crap.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, SAR I said:

Or tired of getting to the stadium at 11AM and being asked to do physical labor for 3 hours instead of just sitting there and being entertained like every other fanbase in the NFL.

Making noise on 3rd downs is less than 1% of what forces a punt.  It would be nice if the defense could get the job done and get off the field themselves every now and then.

SAR I

So sell your tickets and watch the game from home, no physical labor involved......