Stadium atmosphere.

johnnyjet

On 9/8/2019 at 9:41 PM, SAR I said:

Let me clarify something.  Let me clear up a myth:  The fans in the stadium don't have a job.  We're not here to help the Jets or make basement TV facepainters happy.  We're not here to cheer military veterans or first responders. 

Like you, we want to want to watch the game and be left alone.  We just like spending money and sitting outside.

SAR I

Hire a caterer for big money and put a big screen tv outside your house and get a nice lawn chair....you should be much happier, and so will the people at the stadium who have to sit next to you......

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:05 PM, SAR I said:

What I said is that those who spend the money and make an effort to go to the games are bigger fans than those who don't.  By definition, there are different levels of fanaticism.  The only fans more diehard than MetLife season ticket holders are those who watch 3-4 Jets games on the road.  You in your sweat pants in your living rooms are on the bottom rung.

Once at the games, a season ticket holder's work is done, we've helped the Jets financially, that's it.  Your expectations of us from your fluffy couch should be no different than what you expect from yourselves.  Sit there and be entertained.  Jump up and shout when we score.  Grumble and curse when we give up a big play.  Turn the channel when it gets boring.  Check your fantasy scores.  Text your friends.

SAR I

Seems to me that you are nothing but a pompous ass. You think because you pay big money for season tickets that you are actually a part of the team? All you do is complain about being there and how physically drained you are from rooting for the Jets, then you complain about the traffic after the game. With all your money, why don't you rent a helicopter to bring you in and out of the stadium, and buy 10 seats around you and hire people to root for you..that should solve everything.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:51 PM, SAR I said:

We're not talking about profitability.  We're talking about which type of fan helps the Jets more with his wallet.  Revenue sharing of TV contracts and official merchandise goes equally to all teams, but what makes the Jets ownership more likely to spend money on things like facilities, coaches, trainers, transportation, relocation, health care, family acceptance, and all the non-cap elements is what makes us an attractive destination.

Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosely are here because season ticket holder money made Florham Park a world-class facility.   Adam Gase, Gregg Williams, and Joe Douglas are here because season ticket holder money made their salaries comfortable.  Things are quite different for poor franchises like Miami and Jacksonville.

SAR I

Can you please break down exactly how much money for all you state comes from season ticket holders? I am sure you woud not make such a statement without researching it first.

11 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

So sell your tickets and watch the game from home, no physical labor involved......

Or, I can sit in my MetLife seat quietly on 3rd down and watch the game just like you do except instead of a couch in a basement I'm in a seat in the sunshine.

Season ticket holders have no obligation to do anything at the games except watch the games.  Stubhub routinely has 8,000 Jets tickets available for sale for every home game.  You and your season ticket hater friends can feel free to buy some and make all the noise you want. 

SAR I

11 hours ago, RSJ said:

I honestly like the new stadium. I just think a lack if success has hurt the atmosphere. People said the same things about Giants stadium in the early 90s but when the Jets had good teams the place rocked.

Same here.  It's new, it's comfortable, it's safe, it's clean.  The lines are short, the fans sitting around me have been there since day one, I have no complaints about the facility or how the Jets have treated us.  Hell, my tickets cost less today than they did on opening day.  The PSL was therefore a non-issue, the Jets reimbursed us through the lack of price increases over a 10 year span.  Much ado about nothing.

SAR I

Hire a caterer for big money and put a big screen tv outside your house and get a nice lawn chair....you should be much happier, and so will the people at the stadium who have to sit next to you......

Show up or shut up.  If you don't like the stadium atmosphere, fix it by making an effort to go to the games instead of playing the role of armchair fan from your Lazy Boy recliner.

Season ticket holders' jobs are done the moment we write our checks every April.  We are under no obligation to do anything different than you do on gameday.  You sit on your ass, so do we.  You have no impact on the Bills offense on third down, neither do we.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The 55,000 or so degenerates at the ancient, open air Oakland Coliseum are sounding loud as **** right now.....

espnmondaynightfootball_4905-630x420.jpg

espnmondaynightfootball_4923-630x420.jpg

20161107_Monday_Night_Football_207-630x4

Yeah, because ESPN broadcasts feature different audio mixing than CBS , FOX, and NBC.

When are you people going to get it through your heads that all stadiums sound equally loud and what you're complaining about is some $12 an hour audio tech in a network truck turning the crowd microphone feed up to different levels depending on the down, distance, and what the announcers are saying? 

It's a volume knob.  They turn it any way they like.  It's not indicative of what's actually going on in the stadium.  Sound is part of the drama of an NFL game.  They don't just leave the crowd microphone levels the same throughout the game.  There is a guy in a blue sweater with his fingers on the crowd noise lever and the booth announcer lever and it's his job to balance the two properly on every play.

Player is hurt, they lower the crowd noise to a hush to show respect.  Late in the 4th quarter, they boost the crowd noise to make it seem like it's a football frenzy out there.  College game, you hear the marching band as if they're louder than the crowd.  It's all part of the dramatic TV interpretation of the game, just like closeup's and replay's.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Show up or shut up.  If you don't like the stadium atmosphere, fix it by making an effort to go to the games instead of playing the role of armchair fan from your Lazy Boy recliner.

Season ticket holders' jobs are done the moment we write our checks every April.  We are under no obligation to do anything different than you do on gameday.  You sit on your ass, so do we.  You have no impact on the Bills offense on third down, neither do we.

SAR I

Full disclosure I took the 12 month payment option this year lol.

Seems to me that you are nothing but a pompous ass. You think because you pay big money for season tickets that you are actually a part of the team? All you do is complain about being there and how physically drained you are from rooting for the Jets, then you complain about the traffic after the game. With all your money, why don't you rent a helicopter to bring you in and out of the stadium, and buy 10 seats around you and hire people to root for you..that should solve everything.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Can you please break down exactly how much money for all you state comes from season ticket holders? I am sure you woud not make such a statement without researching it first.

Sure.  After you post up photos of the tickets you're buying for Monday Night's game and then livestream all the noise you are personally making throughout the contest so that I can judge whether or not it pleases me.

SAR I

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

What's worse are the t-shirts launched into the stands at TV timeouts.  People kill each other for them, fans who don't get them shot their way get discouraged because of them.  The t-shirt is paper-thin and an advertisement for a swimming pool company.  It's something you wouldn't want to give to your enemy.

SAR I

The Jets have copied almost every stunt the Eagles have done for the last 20 years. Maybe someday it will be winning, or at least Cheerleaders in proper uniform. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2019 at 9:41 PM, SAR I said:

Let me clarify something.  Let me clear up a myth:  The fans in the stadium don't have a job.  We're not here to help the Jets or make basement TV facepainters happy.  We're not here to cheer military veterans or first responders. 

Like you, we want to want to watch the game and be left alone.  We just like spending money and sitting outside.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I just want to add the Jets have now lost 6 straight home games.  It’s been close to a year since we last won a game at home.   

True, but if we can't believe we are capable of beating the Cleveland Ficken Browns at home, why even bother to put a team on the field?

SAR I